helper needed

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2021, 09:02 AM
Default helper needed

Hi All,
I just moved to TV a few weeks ago and do not know anyone just yet. I do have a disability and struggling to get thru all the boxes, storage, organized, etc I also may need ongoing help when I am not feeling well that I can call when needed with housecleaning, home projects, etc. I could not find any recent posts on getting a helper at home other than senior caregivers which I do not need yet

I will look on Care.com but in the meantime, if anyone knows a good housekeeper that also can help with home projects, storage, unpacking and organizing, let me know.
thanks,
Karen
Old 06-10-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Hi All,
I just moved to TV a few weeks ago and do not know anyone just yet. I do have a disability and struggling to get thru all the boxes, storage, organized, etc I also may need ongoing help when I am not feeling well that I can call when needed with housecleaning, home projects, etc. I could not find any recent posts on getting a helper at home other than senior caregivers which I do not need yet

I will look on Care.com but in the meantime, if anyone knows a good housekeeper that also can help with home projects, storage, unpacking and organizing, let me know.
thanks,
Karen
My opinion. Seems that you are overwhelmed looking at boxes to be opened. the old expression is the journey of 1,000 miles starts with the first step. Hopefully the boxes are numbered and you know what is in each box. Make a list of order to open them.
Sounds like you have already started, opened pots, knives kind of stuff.

Organizing? A regular fight in my home. My wife. I left that there and now it is gone.
Well I decided it belongs ............. No one can organize for you.

Home projects? Stuff like hanging pictures, shelves kind of stuff you need to find a handyman type person. Not likely to be the same person that you hire to help with cleaning. Finding HONEST RELIABLE people is tough. Ask neighbors.

In terms of organization as I stated a constant argument with my wife. I plan, I write things out do this first then do that. Wife, and I have been married a long time. She vacuums before I am going to do a project that will make a mess. I have to wait for her to put the vacuum away so i can then make a mess doing the job. She does clean up the mess I've made but planning makes things far easier and less work.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Hi All,

thanks,
Karen
Andrea- I have just the people for you. Daughtersforhire.net. I had them unpack boxes and put things away-a very pleasant and efficient mother/daughter team that whizzed thru piles of boxes that would have taken me months. They are members of a national association of senior move managers-whatever that is-and do estate sales. Call them now. Highly recommend.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake57 View Post
Andrea- I have just the people for you. Daughtersforhire.net. I had them unpack boxes and put things away-a very pleasant and efficient mother/daughter team that whizzed thru piles of boxes that would have taken me months. They are members of a national association of senior move managers-whatever that is-and do estate sales. Call them now. Highly recommend.
sounds perfect, thank you!!!!
Old 06-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Villages is big place might help If known what area you live in for local helper? Area not street and address. Example, up by glenview/Lopez, Spanish springs, around 466A. Sumter landing area, south of 44?
Closed Thread

Tags
home, helper, needed, projects, storage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.