Helpful advice and warnings for brand new Villagers.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino8678 View Post
Thanks so much for starting this thread. My husband and I are closing on our home in Duval next week and we are so excited about moving to TV. All tips/hints are greatly appreciated. Can someone tell me how we pay the amenity fee - will it be included on our water bill??

Make sure you pay it when due, I'm sure you will but this month I noticed there is a late fee imposed if not paid on time.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

When is the time this bill usually arrives? Do you get the first month for free? Is there a coupon or an early bird payment special! Calm down I'm just joking except for the timing of the bill. Thank's.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
When is the time this bill usually arrives? Do you get the first month for free? Is there a coupon or an early bird payment special! Calm down I'm just joking except for the timing of the bill. Thank's.
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. It's clockwork....tic....tock....tic....tock.....

Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. It's clockwork....tic....tock....tic....tock.....

Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.
Thank You Sir. I'll call on monday.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Gold member

Got mine yesterday.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.
I'm on Autopay with Citizens Bank for all TV bills. No late charges, ever.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm on Autopay with Citizens Bank for all TV bills. No late charges, ever.
Is that in real dollars or that Canadian funny money??? Do they accept payment in lobster?????
Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 AM

When you buy, especially used, be sure to take care of transferring the gas and electric accounts to your name or confirm it has been done. This is not automatically done at closing and they will be shut off without notice if not taken care of. Seems like a no brainer bit it happened to us.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniceOhio View Post
Question... I am closing on a model in January. Do I need to bring my own independent inspector with me? People have noted that I have no representation... Price is right. Loan is right...and with the home warranty .. does anyone ever hire an independent? Inspection is morning of closing.

Grateful for any response..
Hi, just a thought, it may be you can get one of the great guys we know, not really officially inspectors but probably more smarts than most.
Bill Mc Kenzie of Gable Insulators and Action Jackson is a handyman who is really great. We have known inspectors at another location who we had to show them how to open a door. In some states, not sure of here, a home inspector needs to be able to walk and talk. That is about it. bbbbbb
Old 08-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
Your post raises several questions:

1. What do larger cart dealers do that is unaccptable to you that smaller cart dealers do not do?

2. Did you have a problem(s) with a specific brand of seats and what was the problem(s)?

3. What did you find out was not covered by the warranty that you expected to be covered?

Looking forward to hearing your answers since they could be useful to many future and current Villagers.
We bought from ACC carts, they are near Bonefish Grill in that center. They are great, good prices, we got the EzGo electric and we love it. Range is no problem and the gas pushers want to sell gas. We got turn signals, belts, good sunbrella, great seats, dash with cup holders and locking compartments, cap tray up front, extra lights, great service will come to your home for the first year on service. We really are happy with AGC and we did shop the other shops, really did a lot of looking. bbbbbb
Old 08-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is that in real dollars or that Canadian funny money??? Do they accept payment in lobster?????
She has a claws in her checking account to pay in loonies & toonies.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Good one!!!
Old 08-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
People all over TOTV getting off good Lobster shots this week! Bravo.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Default Beware of The Villages Health!

BEWARE OF THE VILLAGES HEALTH
Last summer my wife was diagnosed, by a doctor employed by The Villages Health, with the early stages of Alzheimer�s disease. We were both devastated by this diagnosis, and it very negatively affected our lives. During the same time, this same family doctor, informed me that my sodium level was somewhat low, and suggested that I eat more pretzels! This very casual suggestion, to eat more pretzels, left us with the impression this was not a very serious situation.
At the same time, this same doctor, changed another medication that I was taking to a different medication, which included HCTC (a known diuretic), which unbeknown to us seriously decreased my already low sodium level. Without a doubt this doctor should have known that prescribing a diuretic at the same time my sodium level was low was potentially a very dangerous situation, which could, without monitoring, cause drastic consequences.
For a several month period this very low sodium level caused my physical and mental abilities to deteriorate tremendously. My mental capabilities during this time were directly responsible for substantial medical costs to us (with insurance paying a much larger portion) and drastically affected our relationship, including my contemplating suicide on several occasions. Financial decisions made by me at this time resulted in substantially more expenses, beyond just medical. In essence, for several months I basically lost my mind. After I personally changed my own medication, to not include HCTC, my mental capabilities gradually returned to normal, and have remained there since.
Also during this same time my wife, upon herself, underwent additional testing for Alzheimer�s, and it was determined that the original diagnosis was NOT correct.
This family doctor, whom we both utilized and is employed by The Villages Health, is personally and directl
y responsible for two very serious medical decisions that had very severe, totally unnecessary, and potentially dangerous, consequences.
In early November of last year my wife contacted the Chair of The Villages Health requesting reimbursement for the unnecessary medical bills we incurred due to the poor decisions made by our family doctor. Over two months later we received an email from the Chief Medical Officer for The Villages Health, requesting copies of the medical bills we had incurred, and stating, �we will look at them.�
We immediately sent him copies of all the medical bills that I had incurred in dealing with this situation, amounting to several thousands of dollars. We waited for almost three months with no response, and in April we sent an additional letter inquiring about the status of this matter. It has now been almost five months since he requested copies of our incurred medical bills and we have not even had the courtesy of a response.
We would strongly recommend that all Villagers think twice about utilizing the services of The Villages Health!
Clell & Claudette Whelchel 1487 Brier Creek Circle The Villages, FL 32162 1631pbs@comcast.net
Old 08-23-2016, 06:18 PM

I'm grateful for all of the advice. We are new owners, we closed on our home by mail in May and will arrive tomorrow to begin furnishing our home. We are bringing very little with us, and hope to take our time, only buying what we love. We have learned so much from searching posts and topics. Thanks to all of you! We look forward to new friends and experiences.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.