Helpful advice and warnings for brand new Villagers.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 12-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Original Topic
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Also some good advice---when you lose a lobster on a sports bet, PAY UP!!!!! (yes, 5 yd penalty for cross-threading)
Old 12-17-2019, 07:30 PM

Who is bring these info cards around?
Old 12-20-2019, 09:05 AM

Before purchasing look at the recreation news every Thursday. see what clubs you will be joining and determine how far away you are willing to travel day and night to get to them. No 1 reason we moved in was for all the clubs and activities, so dont move to far from what u plan on participating in regularly
Old 01-06-2020, 11:42 AM

Remember, always remember, you can not turn left from the right lane at a traffic circle. If you are going left you will always need to be in the left lane. Save you some anger and embarrassment.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:01 AM

I so agree with not bringing your furniture. I had a hard time leaving my Thomasville Collector Cherry Furniture. I knew it was way to heavy and presented a high monetary move expensive... My issue was purely getting over the emotional attachment. I did leave it and I am so very glad I did. I purchased lighter furniture in a coastal look. After 4 months I went into Bargains & treasures, Oxford Fl, and saw many of my pieces of furniture listed for $35 to $150 for sale second hand. WOW... if I would have brought it and know I would not have been happy I couldn't have even sold it for pennies on the dollar. So glad I didn't invest on moving it.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:00 PM
Sage

Avoid Tire Choice , and you will be much happier $$ wise & you won't get your car damaged
Old 02-19-2020, 08:19 AM
Default Oh that deep cleaning scam

Hello all
You make an appointment to take advantage of the free dental cleaning and x-rays in your medicare plan
you sit in a chair and wait for two hours only to be given an estimate for work you absolutely have to have done for $1700.

no thank you I was born at night but it wasn’t last night

I’m so happy to hear that there are honest ones in the villages
Thanks for the thread

QUOTE=graciegirl;641772]One of the things that new villagers don't do is to find a doctor and have their records transferred. It just isn't on your mind to do when you are not sick.

But many can tell you that health emergencies can occur at any time and it helps to have someone in possession of your records.

Do not ask me who to choose for a doctor. Ours is just o.k..Our dentist is so good that I hate to share.

O.K. Drs. Kathleen Williams and her partner at Palm Dental on 466 across from Crispers and next to Lang Eye. You owe me big time. I hope they don't get any busier than they are.

BE VERY CAREFUL of dentists. This is the first time I have lived in a place where they will scam you. There are a lot of unethical ones and dental hygienists too who want to deep clean you for over a thousand dollars.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Gold member

Before stepping of the kerb to execise 'you right of way' just check that there is not a car coming at 30mph.
Saves such a lot of paperwork, police and medics time, etc.!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.