Helpful advice and warnings for brand new Villagers.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 11-28-2020, 04:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Where can I find information that the developer owns an equity stake in any of these companies?
Yes, I'd be interested in that information as well.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Please be careful. The local services love to overcharge women for the same services they would charge couples. In less than one year I’ve had 4 lawn mowing services and the prices varied by 40%. Do not ever give your credit card number to put on file, as they set it up for auto pay. Best thing to do is contact your major credit card company - MasterCard Visa Amex and tell them one time charge only.

Other big Red Flags are Scott Plumbing, Deans, Sun Kool, Floormasters TD, Nove, Pegasus - TV owns an equity stake therefore their prices are always higher. Be careful of contractors you may not be purchasing a one time function but maintenance where they charge you crazy prices and may not be due. My brother in law bought Nova water system charged him 600- in Sept 2019, they did not move in full time until 2020 and they returned October 2020 to change a filter $132- which is cukoo, excuse was annual filter changing

No longer do any local departments come out and replace fire detector batteries anymore.

Don’t waste 60- on local newspaper, the Sun, it is ads and real estate which has no benefit for you.
You are constantly giving out misinformation. I thought you moved to Atlanta?

Nova does not come automatically. You have to call them a d request them to change filters. They suggest you change filters AFTER using a certain amount of gallons of water, as noted on your water bill. There are 3 filters not 1 that they change.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Please be careful. The local services love to overcharge women for the same services they would charge couples. In less than one year I’ve had 4 lawn mowing services and the prices varied by 40%. Do not ever give your credit card number to put on file, as they set it up for auto pay. Best thing to do is contact your major credit card company - MasterCard Visa Amex and tell them one time charge only.

Other big Red Flags are Scott Plumbing, Deans, Sun Kool, Floormasters TD, Nove, Pegasus - TV owns an equity stake therefore their prices are always higher. Be careful of contractors you may not be purchasing a one time function but maintenance where they charge you crazy prices and may not be due. My brother in law bought Nova water system charged him 600- in Sept 2019, they did not move in full time until 2020 and they returned October 2020 to change a filter $132- which is cukoo, excuse was annual filter changing

No longer do any local departments come out and replace fire detector batteries anymore.

Don’t waste 60- on local newspaper, the Sun, it is ads and real estate which has no benefit for you.
The only statement that is true is lawn services can vary by 40% in their pricing.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:23 PM

I don’t know where you get your information from but just to clarify

Nova Filtration is a Family owned and operated Company And the owners are Villagers since 2012.
The Villages have no ownership or vested interest in the company.
As far as filter changes are concerned they are recommended to be changed annually regardless if your full time or part time. All of this information is given before the customer buys the systems.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 PM

Anyone have a problem drinking the water in the Villages? Does anyone use a company that sells bottled water? Thank you
Old 12-01-2020, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,550 Times in 722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley723 View Post
Anyone have a problem drinking the water in the Villages? Does anyone use a company that sells bottled water? Thank you
No problem, so far.....18 years.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 AM
Default Flag Poles.

Rich's Home Improvement is a BAD actor. selling flag poles at postal stations and they are crap. he refuses to take care of problems. best to stay clear of him.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Default Need advice on lawn and pest control services.

We are closing next week on a newly built home but not moving until March/April. I contacted one of the companies that does yard maintenance and pest control.
How much of this stuff do we need to have done before we move down?
Obviously mowing but can we wait on everything else?

$85 a week to mow and weed. $75 a week for just mowing
$75 a quarter for pest control
$47 a month for landscaping
$62 bi-monthly for lawn and shrub maintenance
$50 a quarter for irrigation maintenance

Last edited by Rlheinz19@yahoo.com; 02-06-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Incorrect
Old 02-05-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Thanked 1,902 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
its the land line and those who stop by and have you fill out an info card
Random computer calls don’t care it it new or old number or what area code. But, if you get Florida area code you will get more scam calls cause Florida target rich environment for the elderly.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlheinz19@yahoo.com View Post
We are closing next week on a newly built home but not moving until March/April. I contacted one of the companies that does yard maintenance and pest control.
How much of this stuff do we need to have done before we move down?
Obviously mowing but can we wait on everything else?

$85 a week to mow and weed. $75 a week for just mowing
$75 a quarter for pest control
$47 a month for landscaping
$62 bi-monthly for lawn and shrub maintenance
$50 a quarter for irrigation maintenance
Not sure how large your yard is or type of home but $85 a week seems high. Granted lawns get mowed every 4-6 weeks in the winter but most charge an equal monthly rate year round. If this is the company that did your termite control you might want to contract with them. The rest can probably wait but weeds grow fast year round. Good luck
Old 02-24-2021, 04:13 PM

How can I get a recommendation for a good veterinarian? Thank you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.