helping himself

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2021, 05:55 AM
Default helping himself

I just went to the bonnybrook mail station and what should I see but a golf cart parked in front of the mailboxes not in the parking lot denying access to the mailboxes. If that wasn't bad enough he had his battery charger with him.plugged into an outlet helping himself to electricity. I hope he realizes what he was doing was a theft. And he should consider himself lucky he didnt get caught and that i forget my cellphone at home.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flwxman View Post
I just went to the bonnybrook mail station and what should I see but a golf cart parked in front of the mailboxes not in the parking lot denying access to the mailboxes. If that wasn't bad enough he had his battery charger with him.plugged into an outlet helping himself to electricity. I hope he realizes what he was doing was a theft. And he should consider himself lucky he didnt get caught and that i forget my cellphone at home.
he probably had a dead cart and was trying to charge his battery long enough to get home.
Chill out !!!
Old 01-16-2021, 12:06 PM

I'm sorry Karen, but the poor guy was probably stuck, out of battery and unable to get back home.
A real Villager would of had ask him if he needed assistance, not post hate on this site.....
Old 01-16-2021, 12:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Wish you took a pic so it can be used in the weekly electric versus gas thread.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
he probably had a dead cart and was trying to charge his battery long enough to get home.
Chill out !!!
So, that justifies block mailboxes and stealing electricity? No it don’t. You tow you’re cart home or call service. He should of been reported.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So, that justifies block mailboxes and stealing electricity? No it don’t. You tow you’re cart home or call service. He should of been reported.
How is it stealing? If the electrical outlets are not available for use, why are they accessible? This resident did nothing wrong.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flwxman View Post
This was posted at 5:55 AM. Where was the guy going that early in an uncharged cart?
How do you get a dead cart over the curb to block the mailboxes?
Old 01-16-2021, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
To all you deniers...the person plugged in should have a)checked their charge before leaving home b)in lieu of stealing from everyone in that village called someone.

People that steal from others and someone posts about it aren't "haters". That is a far left cultural term trying to get people to feel guilty about calling out bad people and thieves are bad people. Stop making excuses for bad behavior. I would never steal from a neighbor...perhaps those of you who call people haters are thieves as well.....hmmm?
So you just assume he is a crook? If he did it all the time he would have been reported by now.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Oh, the humanity
Old 01-16-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Dear Lord. Let's try it this way:
'So that justifies blocking mailboxes and stealing electricity? No it doesn't. You tow your cart home or call for service. He should have been reported.'
Back to your regularly scheduled Karening.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default So you are speaking without knowing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
How is it stealing? If the electrical outlets are not available for use, why are they accessible? This resident did nothing wrong.
Years ago we had the same thing happen at Sanibel postal station. I called the district 9 office and they said all electrical for the mail center and pool area are part of our amenity cost.

So you have posted a falsehood just to justify your inability to find out if it was wrong or not. You owe everyone an apology!
Old 01-16-2021, 05:02 PM
Veteran member
Default So if someone steals something from you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So you just assume he is a crook? If he did it all the time he would have been reported by now.
just ONCE it's not a crime??? A bit of common sense goes a loooong way. Clearly this is a challenge to many people.

How many times you do a wrong thing isn't what makes it wrong. If that were true someone could kill only once and it would be okay. Your logic is cosmically insignificant.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
O, I sorry I didn’t know he was paying the electric bill for post office?
Old 01-16-2021, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Default And what is your point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
This was posted at 5:55 AM. Where was the guy going that early in an uncharged cart?
How do you get a dead cart over the curb to block the mailboxes?
it matters not how....just that they did. Sheesh! And where they were going??????? How is that in anyway germane to the topic???????????
Old 01-16-2021, 05:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Come on people. Most likely he wouldn't have done such a dastardly deed if he wasn't too low on battery to make it home.
It's just a little electricity....
Closed Thread

Tags
helping, mailboxes, him.plugged, outlet, electricity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.