helping himself

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 05:16 PM

To the op, if it was that early in the morning, why didn't you ask if they needed some help? Instead you go home to post about it. Boggles the mind
Old 01-16-2021, 05:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
it matters not how....just that they did. Sheesh! And where they were going??????? How is that in anyway germane to the topic???????????
Seems to me he's not a first timer at doing this. He could be broke or cheap. Sheesh!
Old 01-16-2021, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Next thing you know, people are going to be reporting me for topping off my pool with the neighbors hose when they’re out of town.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
just ONCE it's not a crime??? A bit of common sense goes a loooong way. Clearly this is a challenge to many people.

How many times you do a wrong thing isn't what makes it wrong. If that were true someone could kill only once and it would be okay. Your logic is cosmically insignificant.
Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Sorry if that offends you
Old 01-16-2021, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

You all think the guy was out to steal ELECTRICITY a 6AM on a 45 degree morning? LOL, maybe he was stealing the CART but I doubt he was stealing electricity. Probably just trying to get enough charge to get home. If anyone is worried about the $1 or $2 electricity he was stealing let's setup a GOFUNDME page for him to raise the $2. Really, with all the other stuff going on in the country and the world we're b1tching about "stealing" a bucks worth of electricity !!! I guess no one has ever taken a "company pen" home from work. GUILTY AS CHARGED JUDGE JUDY! So much "holier than thou" around here.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You all think the guy was out to steal ELECTRICITY a 6AM on a 45 degree morning? LOL, maybe he was stealing the CART but I doubt he was stealing electricity. Probably just trying to get enough charge to get home. If anyone is worried about the $1 or $2 electricity he was stealing let's setup a GOFUNDME page for him to raise the $2. Really, with all the other stuff going on in the country and the world we're b1tching about "stealing" a bucks worth of electricity !!! I guess no one has ever taken a "company pen" home from work. GUILTY AS CHARGED JUDGE JUDY! So much "holier than thou" around here.
so very true
Old 01-16-2021, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Wow! Some of you would have really freaked out at the lady who had to plug her cart in at the Sarasota Golf Practice Center a few days ago just to have enough juice to make it home.

And go..........
Old 01-16-2021, 07:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wow! Some of you would have really freaked out at the lady who had to plug her cart in at the Sarasota Golf Practice Center a few days ago just to have enough juice to make it home.

And go..........
That happens at the champ courses more than anyone would realize. It's a courtesy
Old 01-16-2021, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

This is the goofiest darned post that I've read in a long time, and that's saying something
Old 01-16-2021, 10:44 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So you just assume he is a crook? If he did it all the time he would have been reported by now.
I totally agree ! Been here for years, if it was common would have seen it by now. But more interesting to me on this kind of forum are the reactions. Not just this topic, but there is a very obvious and distinct thought process. We used to call it theory X, theory Y, in management; those people of outlook, mind, temperament and philosophy who view something and immediately assign a negative to it without other supportive details (not just this one post on the "stealing of electricity", but many posts on here. Others will immediately assign a positive, or supportive opinion until, or unless, they receive additional details. Just interesting to see how some folks immediately assign a negative and some a positive... human nature on display. I would hate to see someone defacing a mail station, pool, anything of course, and would call neighborhood watch, but some of the conclusions people come to at first glance are just interesting in that they are totally open to possibilities other than criminal, while the first thought of others is that it must of a criminal nature.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:51 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
To the op, if it was that early in the morning, why didn't you ask if they needed some help? Instead you go home to post about it. Boggles the mind

Exactly! Hate to be the old timer, but it's true, there was a time when people saw that would have been all kinds of help offered and no one would go home to get it posted on "social" media. It's a new world that's true.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:46 PM

It’s just common decency. Where has that gone?
Old 01-17-2021, 04:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I always travel with leads and battery charger in cart when going to collect mail.
Just in case!
Old 01-17-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flwxman View Post
I just went to the bonnybrook mail station and what should I see but a golf cart parked in front of the mailboxes not in the parking lot denying access to the mailboxes. If that wasn't bad enough he had his battery charger with him.plugged into an outlet helping himself to electricity. I hope he realizes what he was doing was a theft. And he should consider himself lucky he didnt get caught and that i forget my cellphone at home.
After I read your post, I pondered the question of electricity theft by all cellphone, iPad, iPhone, tablet users who plug their device into an outlet at a Rec Center or an airport or in a Dunkin Donuts? Should we report each offender?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

is this seriously a real thread? feels like an April Fools,
Closed Thread

Tags
helping, mailboxes, him.plugged, outlet, electricity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.