A Live Village Talk Show

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Veteran member
Default A Live Village Talk Show

Last night in the chatroom we were discussing the possibility of doing a live talk show via the local Village radio station (their blessing first). It would be fun to talk live about the posts that come in via talk villages. A couple of talk villages administrators stopped in the chat room and gave it some thought. Mind you now this would not be a make fun of people show but mostly informative with a little humor thrown in. Other thoughts were interviews with visiting VIP's, celebs, and the staff of the villages . This radio talk show would not reflect the views of the of TV staff unless we were quoting from the covenants, policies, etc. Sounds like a lot of work but what a plus to be able have a TV talk show to ask questions and get answers. Maybe a few editorial comments throw in. WHAT YOU THINK?

Handie :joke:
Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Founder
Default Re: A Live Village Talk Show

A couple of years ago, I talked with officials of the radio station about this topic. To sum up their interest in one word......ZERO. There are several reasons as I see it. One is that the station is there to sell real estate. Also, if you have an uncensored talk show, criticism will creep in and that will not be tolerated. In addition, people will not (trust me on this...I have 45 years experience) listen to a talk show unless it is controversial. Lastly, a population base of 60,000 people with fewer than 100 of them listening to the radio station will not support a talk show. A talk show without calls is deadly. Now, if we could do a talk show here on Talk of The Villages, I would be in favor of that. There are several ways we could post audio comments from people.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

I think The Villages media group would have a little heartburn giving air time to what they may perceive to be a competing media.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM

:cop: Don't you wonder if they have a spy monitoring us... BET A DOLLAR THERE IS SOMEONE ASSIGNED TO DO NOTHING BUT READ AND MAKE HAPPY COMMENTS :edit:
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
:cop: Don't you wonder if they have a spy monitoring us... BET A DOLLAR THERE IS SOMEONE ASSIGNED TO DO NOTHING BUT READ AND MAKE HAPPY COMMENTS :edit:
I think you can take that to the bank. ;D
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

OK..This is a blonde question..Why would they make happy comments if they think we are the competition... :

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

They would want to counter any comments they would consider bad PR for The Developer.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM

BIG BROTHER IS EVERYWHERE..................
Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

So I guess handi's idea is a bust?? Too bad, it would have been a nice thing to do, very informative with a bit of humor thrown in..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,

Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

I'm watching you.........heh, heh
Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

Maybe I didn't make a point of the character of this talk show. As far as I'm concerned TV staff and developers have treated me wonderfully and I have no gripe that I would use to make the talk show controversial. In my mind TV is on a par with apple pie and motherhood. I find the saying "The friendliness place around to be very fitting.That being said, maybe we couldn't make it controversial, I sure WON'T bring politics or religion into the show. Maybe stuff like "gas or electric" "Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter" "Yamaha, club car, e-z go" and which square has the hottest music is too boring. Reading the conversation on "talk Villages" I can see where I would have found it a very large help in answering my questions before we closed. Alas, I wait additional comments, What the H we needed something to discuss huh?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
Maybe I didn't make a point of the character of this talk show. As far as I'm concerned TV staff and developers have treated me wonderfully and I have no gripe that I would use to make the talk show controversial. In my mind TV is on a par with apple pie and motherhood. I find the saying "The friendliness place around to be very fitting.That being said, maybe we couldn't make it controversial, I sure WON'T bring politics or religion into the show. Maybe stuff like "gas or electric" "Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter" "Yamaha, club car, e-z go" and which square has the hottest music is too boring. Reading the conversation on "talk Villages" I can see where I would have found it a very large help in answering my questions before we closed. Alas, I wait additional comments, What the H we needed something to discuss huh?
For the very reasons you state in this post is why I created Talk of The Villages. This is the place to do all the talking. My guess is that it will be the only place you will be doing any public speaking. TALK OF THE VILLAGES is the place to Talk about the Villages.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

;DLOL...the only way we would have a "talk radio" here in The Villages is if it were modeled after radio free Europe and was headquartered in a plain white van that changed it's location every half hour or so to avoid the bluebirds of happiness missioned to find it and destroy same!!!!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Hey. Ever hear of a pirate low-watt micro station radio. It's being done elsewhere. Hmmm....(scratching chin).
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Eternal Member

Hey guys,
I have no clue about allthis technical stuff..I will leave it to you..
Donna :dontknow:

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.