Heritage Festival

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
The shows bring in more traffic so the restaurants shouldn’t suffer from the food trucks beyond the few hours of the show. If the restaurant owners were smart they would be standing out front with small appetizer samples and paper menus and $1 off coupons. The more people walking past your front door will bring you more customers after the 6hr events end. PEOPLE TRAFFIC is the best thing that can happen for any business. That was what made malls so successful pre-Dot-com days. The restaurant owners shouldn’t and probably don’t complain. They should ask for more events that send thousands of NEW people past their front doors where there would normally be “the same old” folks who are always there.

I spoke to a restaurant owner in Mt Dora about just that and he said he’d pay extra to have one of their large events every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marketing 101: find a need and fill it.

You have a square filled with people who aren't "regulars" - and they need to eat. And you're there, with a restaurant. Boom. Instant filled need. If you're not filling the need, you're doing something wrong.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Marketing 101: find a need and fill it.

You have a square filled with people who aren't "regulars" - and they need to eat. And you're there, with a restaurant. Boom. Instant filled need. If you're not filling the need, you're doing something wrong.
They have seats filled with lines starting soon no matter if it is not good.

Marketing 102

Same with homes selling here. No need to advertise.

The Kool-Aid has been passed and the appeal of this place is Gospel.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

I don't know how much more marketing they can do. You, obviously don't read the local paper. There are ads galore every day. If I paid the high rents they pay, I be pis... at food trucks in the squares. I agree, it's not romantic dining, but most of the people in the villages go out in groups, and they tend to enjoy hearing themselves talk. So......it is loud. How many more daily special do you need. Every restaurant I eat in has more than enough daily specials, coupons, freebies, frequent diners' clubs, discounts for every conceivable organization and bogo's. Never said the food is excellent.

Last edited by bilcon; 10-19-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-19-2019, 10:10 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic of this thread is the Heritage Festival. Please return to that topic. If you wish to discuss the economics of food trucks vs. brick and mortar restaurants, please start a new thread on that topic.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I respectfully disagree. The OP specifically noted the lack of food trucks at the festival. People chimed in with their opinions as to why.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:47 AM

My comment was also that the event was a Heritage Festival. A festival usually includes music, parade, fun and food. I thought that the availability of ethnic foods was lacking.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I respectfully disagree. The OP specifically noted the lack of food trucks at the festival. People chimed in with their opinions as to why.
Closed Thread

Tags
booth, food, trucks, booths, heritage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.