What are you folks doing on ......Important read

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Default What are you folks doing on ......Important read

Hello everyone:

As your very "unofficial" band spokesman here on TOTV, I thought I'd make a few announcements concerning upcoming events not yet in the newspaper or on the local TV station concerning "Bands of the Villages" musical performances in the Villages.

1) First: The Sweethearts Dance (Savannah Center) on Feb 14th has been sold out for over a month now. Sorry if you did not get your tickets but maybe someone has cancelled and you can get theirs. And the "Senior Prom" is not that far away.

2) Second: There is going to be a revival of "Music in the Park" on Feb 24th (behind LaHacienda) beginning at 1PM. The Villages "Sounds of The Villages" Swing Band will be perfoming along with a breakout performance by the Villages "Big Band" group which heretofore has practiced in anonimity at Laurel Manor. This will be a two hour + event. This event is FREE.

3) This is going to be huge!! Sometime in March//count 'em now: The Villages Concert Band, New Horizons Band, Villages High School Concert Band and Villages Middle School Band will perform at the Middle School en masse.Will let you know as soon as I know the date and time.

4) There is a plan in the works for 5 days of "THE BIG BAND BASH" in September at the Savannah Center. Featuring the Villages "Sounds of the Villages" Swing Band again combined with some of the many talented singing Villagers recreating the time in the 30s-40s when this genre of music was the rage. Nothing is set in stone yet as the event is a ways off, but dates are all or some of the following: Sept 24th through 27th.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!

Last edited by SABRMnLgs; 02-06-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Default Somebody changed the date.

Well, they did it to us again. Our "Music in the Park" venure scheduled for
Feb 24th to coincide with Madi Gras has now been rescheduled for Feb 26th at 1PM. Way to go Villages. Good way to advertise. Change from a date when the place will be loaded with people to a date when hardly anyone will be there in the afternoon.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.