Hey, what up with the whiskey bottles at Heron Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Default Hey, what up with the whiskey bottles at Heron Golf Course

Hey fellow golfers, whats up with all of the empty whiskey bottles thrown around Heron Executive Golf Course. I golfed there today and picked up and disposed of four empty bottles of Fire Ball Whiskey. I saw at least a dozen more that I could not get to. I cannot believe golfers are this inconsiderate even with disposal baskets on every other hole. What gives? And don't blame the Ambassadors, as they do a very commendable job at keeping the courses tidy.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Maybe they don't want someone at home to see the empties in the recycling bin. Sounds like an expensive brand. Sad either way. Good job picking them up.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Hey fellow golfers, whats up with all of the empty whiskey bottles thrown around Heron Executive Golf Course. I golfed there today and picked up and disposed of four empty bottles of Fire Ball Whiskey. I saw at least a dozen more that I could not get to. I cannot believe golfers are this inconsiderate even with disposal baskets on every other hole. What gives? And don't blame the Ambassadors, as they do a very commendable job at keeping the courses tidy.

Are we not to blame a few snowbirds ? Nooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Are we not to blame a few snowbirds ? Nooooo

Fireball Whiskey made in Florida, No, NewJersey, No, Chicago, No, Ah Ha, Made In Canada. Got any ideas??
Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Sage
Default Hey, what up with the whiskey bottles at Heron Golf Course

Back to the drunk litterer’s.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Veteran member

I spoke to an ambassador about a month ago, and this has been going on for a while now. It's in the water next to the bridge, if I remember correctly, around the 6th or 7th hole. He usually finds them in the early when making morning rounds, and thinks it is happening after hours.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Veteran member

Interesting...if you go to google maps, you can see a cart path with no apparent reason, use that exists from a Cane Garden GC to the Heron GC. It runs directly behind some TV homes with no barrier, I.e., wall, fence. They would have access to the path from their back yard. Anyone have any idea what the original purpose of that path is/was? Perhaps now used for after hours activities???

Last edited by N44125; 12-03-2017 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Sorry to say it out loud but do not like some of the types being drawn to TV these last few years. This one incident isn't earth shaking but ignoring this type of behavior will mushroom.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Interesting...if you go to google maps, you can see a cart path with no apparent reason, use that exists from a Cane Garden GC to the Heron GC. It runs directly behind some TV homes with no barrier, I.e., wall, fence. They would have access to the path from their back yard. Anyone have any idea what the original purpose of that path is/was? Perhaps now used for after hours activities???
Golf course maintenance vehicles.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
I believe this path is used by the golf work crews.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:11 AM

It's the new thing when someone in the group gets a birdie. Everyone takes a gulp from a small bottle.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Gold member
Default When a person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Sorry to say it out loud but do not like some of the types being drawn to TV these last few years. This one incident isn't earth shaking but ignoring this type of behavior will mushroom.
says they're sorry to say something....they aren't. As for the "being drawn to TV" that too isn't true. It has to do with population density and that while the population increases so do the number of undesirables...in usually equal proportions. So now that there are more people, there are more inconsiderate folk too.

So they aren't "drawn" here.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
It's the new thing when someone in the group gets a birdie. Everyone takes a gulp from a small bottle.
Not our group. We are civilized. We carry our own shot glasses. And those were not our bottles. Celebrating birdies in our group ensures a bottle will last a lot of rounds.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Not our group. We are civilized. We carry our own shot glasses. And those were not our bottles. Celebrating birdies in our group ensures a bottle will last a lot of rounds.
Like.

Ours too.

And our group drinks diet coke.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

I hope the bottles were nips and not full size bottles or there would have been some very drunk golfers out there? I can see needing a couple of drinks on the sister course, Pelican, where just about shot is a forced carry over a hazard, but at Heron?
Closed Thread

Tags
bottles, whiskey, hey, empty, golfers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.