Hey You Fenney Residents.........

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts
Default Hey You Fenney Residents.........

Just Wondering..............

What is your view on golf??:

Golf not important to you ???

You are assuming courses will come???

You don't mind driving a car to golf???

To me...........An important part of TV is the golf and all the courses.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

View, I like to golf but am physically unable to at this time.
Important, not the main reason we moved here.
Assuming courses will come, yes, they are building more as we communicate and the executive courses are being designed to add more challenge from the back tees.
Driving car, at this point all 36 holes down here are accessible via golf car as will all future courses. Those that live in the Pines or Osceola north of 44 area most likely drive cars to Palmer and Lopez as it would be quite a hike in a golf car and I'm sure there are other Villages that are not within comfortable golf car driving distances and they too use cars. When I'm back to playing (hopefully in June) I won't mind driving a car if I choose to play a northern course but I'll most likely stay down here as there will be at least one more course ready by then plus the pitch and putt that is under construction.

I would recommend that anyone who really wants to know what's going on down here, what is in the works and in future plans to stop in at the Rec. Center sales office and look at all of the mock ups, models, maps, and displays, they are quite impressive. While you're there walk into the Fenney grille for a drink, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I'm sure there are many people like yourself that want to be nearer to all of the courses but it will get to the point that everyone will need a car to get to them all as they build further south, Fenney will most likely be in the center of TV when all of this is completed.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Many (many) years ago I played some golf. It was good exercise dragging the (2-wheel) golf cart around the golf course or the bag on your back. Now it is less exercise than getting up and walking to the bathroom. People drive their (4-wheel) golf carts right up to the ball, walk 1 step, hit the ball and get back in the cart and drive the next 50 yards. I guess it is good for "getting outside and getting fresh air" unless of course your (4-wheel) golf cart is enclosed. I'd rather walk 5 miles a day and kick pebbles down the MMP into the ant mounds. Unfortunately I'm always over par and do my best NOT to HIT a "birdie."

Oh, to answer your question, NO, I don't play golf.

OOOPS! You were asking Fenney people ..... so please disregard my opinion of golf.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

No offense intended, our villa is in Sanibel, but it seems to me that people on TOTV tend to refer to everything south of 44 as "Fenney". Fenney is but one of many villages emerging in that area - Desoto and McClure are already filling quickly. It is not a problem for me, but I would think it would be a thorn in the side of the residents in those other villages. If I am not mistaken, I am under the impression that all the villages down there are under the umbrella of "Southern Oaks".
Old 12-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
No offense intended, our villa is in Sanibel, but it seems to me that people on TOTV tend to refer to everything south of 44 as "Fenney". Fenney is but one of many villages emerging in that area - Desoto and McClure are already filling quickly. It is not a problem for me, but I would think it would be a thorn in the side of the residents in those other villages. If I am not mistaken, I am under the impression that all the villages down there are under the umbrella of "Southern Oaks".
The original "umbrella" was Fenney. When they announced all of the building that would be going up east of 501 and parts north of 468 it was under "Southern Oaks" Fenney Lane runs through Fenney, DeSoto, McClure and another Village or two.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Many (many) years ago I played some golf. It was good exercise dragging the (2-wheel) golf cart around the golf course or the bag on your back. Now it is less exercise than getting up and walking to the bathroom. People drive their (4-wheel) golf carts right up to the ball, walk 1 step, hit the ball and get back in the cart and drive the next 50 yards. I guess it is good for "getting outside and getting fresh air" unless of course your (4-wheel) golf cart is enclosed. I'd rather walk 5 miles a day and kick pebbles down the MMP into the ant mounds. Unfortunately I'm always over par and do my best NOT to HIT a "birdie."

OOOPS! You were asking Fenney people ..... so please disregard my opinion of golf.

Unless you are handicapped, no one is permitted to drive their cart up to the tee.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Unless you are handicapped, no one is permitted to drive their cart up to the tee.

Although I never mentioned the green: OK, so they walk 20 feet so they can make a putz or 2 or 3.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:

Since you don’t play golf, how do you know if one does or does not get any exercise playing out of a cart?
Old 12-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Since you don’t play golf, how do you know if one does or does not get any exercise playing out of a cart?

Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
BS, see it all the time
Old 12-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cause the cart leans to one side
Old 12-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hey Dew. Been down Morse all the way lately? They are turnin' ground big time. Bet it won't be long until there will be more golf course in those parts.

They certainly are committing loads of their money into making all promised things happen, looks like to me.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Our oldest is in his forties, and looking at Fenney and the area, because he thinks it’s a slower pace. More bang for the buck in houses. He is a golfer, and as he put it from our house when you want to play Lopez you drive a car. As the younger gens move here maybe they don’t feel if I can’t get to a golf course in less than five minutes I won’t live there.

But then again this new generation has more life left then we do.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
There are specialy adapted handicap carts which are allowed to be used on the greens as well.
Seen one in action at Briarwood.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hey Dew. Been down Morse all the way lately? They are turnin' ground big time. Bet it won't be long until there will be more golf course in those parts.

They certainly are committing loads of their money into making all promised things happen, looks like to me.
Yepper.

Just kind of wonder about the Fenney Pioneers what their feeling were about golf since the Pioneers did not have any facts about future Championship Courses.

I agree..........lots of dirt down there should be more to come (Square, Championship Courses, and dog poop).

Was just wondering.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, important, car, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.