Happy Hour: Sumter Landing vs Spanish Springs?

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Happy Hour: Sumter Landing vs Spanish Springs?

Just curious on how many Villagers enjoy and partake in Happy Hour in the town Squares? A bigger question, why is Sumter Landing restricted to 5-6pm while Spanish Springs has Happy Hour 5-7pm. I understand this was a developer decision BUT WHY?? :dontknow:NO wonder more people seem happier at Spanish Springs?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Happy Hour: Sumter Landing vs Spanish Springs?

Good question, but don't over analyze it. Prices, including happy hours, are market driven. Sumter doesn't need the extra hour to attract the business which is what a happy hour is intended to do. Either the merchants (and\or the developer) believe the extra hour will pull more people in from below 466. It wasn't always that way. My memory is that prior to 2006, both squares had two-hour happy hours. Anyone out there with a better memory?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just curious as to why do you say Sumter Landing does not need an extended Happy Hour to draw customers. Granted most of the new development is south of 466 but you think that would be even more reason to get the new villagers out to the square.

Does any know when did the Sumter Landing Town Square open up??
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum member

784caroline:
My recollection is that LSL opened in August 2004 or so. I am sure it was open when I chose my lot just after Frances (the hurricane) hit Fla over Labor Day 2004.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Platinum member

Since your memory is still pretty good Swrinfla, do you recall if and when they shortened the happy hour to one hour in LSL?
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 AM

I do believe happy hour at Sumter has always been just one hour.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

AH!! Back to my original question. Why was Happy Hour for Sumter Landing set for 1 hour vs 2 hours at Spanish Springs. I would think the extra hour would only help the merchants in the square including the vendors . Was this a Developer decision or something based on a County ordance.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Platinum member

gryoung and others:
Frankly, my memory tells me that the two-hour happy hour was NEVER in place at LSL!
Perhaps that's why Sp Spr Town Square always seems more crowded if I go there! ;D
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

Spanish Springs is more crowded because people who live along 441/27 have total access to it and come night after night to enjoy this amenity of the Villages without actually living here! Lake Sumter Landing opened in 2004 and we moved here in 2005 and happy hour was always as it is now.

We prefer LSL because it is less crowded and fewer non-Villagers drive all the way over there.

Next town center will be in the newest construction area and I believe, based on where it will be built, it will have even more non-Village residents visiting every night.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

Maybe there's a 2-hour happy hour in Spanish Springs to attract all of the visitors from outside TV along 27\441; say from Del Webb Spruce Creek, Stonecrest and Spruce Creek South. While the developer obviously had some say in the beginning, I'll bet the local bars and restaurant owners could change this policy if they really wanted to.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

Some restaurants have "happy hour" allday with their two drinks for the price of one all day. Example, Ruby Tuesday's over near Spanish Springs. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Re-Happy Hours..

Just remeber to take a look at what they really mean !! Two for one all day at Ruby Tuesdays may sound a really good deal but not if the drinks were more than twice the price of other bars in the first place !!!

I remeber standing at the Tiki Bar at OBH and a gal walked up and said 'Whens happy hour' ...the gal behind the bar said ' we don't have happy hour' ..the customer walked away ..STUPID OR WHAT !!! the dirinks are cheaper than normal happy hour prices without all this happy hour C**P ..just check what you are buying and don't get suckered in to a lousy deal !!!

Signed ...Happy Drunk !!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.