Village of Duval

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Default Village of Duval

We are looking at a house in Duval and am trying to get information about the VIllage of Duval?

Any information appreciated...proximity to shopping, town centers, rec centers, etc.

Any construction issues for the new homes?

Any information appreciated!

John
Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Village of Duval

If you go to the Village of Virginia Trace web site http://www.virginiatrace.com./ There is a section that has maps. If you look at Villages South of 466 map is shows where Duval is located in reference to the other villages. With that and the other maps on the site you can get a good idea of how it relate to most of the facilities in The Villages. Some of the comments that have been posted here have to do with siding on some of the homes there. If you do a search on sidings you should see those issues. Also there is a Duval village WEB site: http://villageofduval.googlepages.com/ that will give you more information of village. I am in the process of buying a Patio Villa in Duval and should be there permanently in the first half of 2008 so I am also interested in the posts you get on this topic. :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

All that I can add is that it is one of the newest villages and the home of the vinyl siding issue. Have heard you can get some fantastic deals from the developer in Duval.

You might want to consider a previously owned home closer in to the center of the Villages. Just my opinion.

Best of luck.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage

Great stuff as usual Dick!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Veteran member

Dick: Is your critter smilin' or what!!! Cute pupster!!!
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Platinum member

"You might want to consider a previously owned home closer in to the center of the Villages. Just my opinion."

When The Villages is built out DUVAL WILL BE IN THE CENTER OF THE VILLAGES. I like the Duval area. We live near there. 466A will give you very easy access to 75 when you travel.

Tampa, FL
Old 11-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Hard to go wrong in any Village.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 PM

close to newColony shopping plaza and many golf courses. 20 min from southern trace shooping,15 min to Sumter Landing by golf cart

drd
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 PM

John, The village of Duval did have some siding issues. We are still in our "year" and I had someone inspect our siding (he also installed our 5 fans and screen door) and he did find that it was installed incorrectly. I called warranty, Marie, and they were out to fix it in that week. Had the person look again, and he said it was OK now. Warranty has been very responsive and very friendly. I am 13 miles from my friend who lives in the village of Chattam, but the new developments will be closer to us. Colony Plaza looks great. Looking forward to Brownwoods Town Square. For the time being, my sister and I still work and come down on vacations. Hopefully we are retiring in August, 2008, but still plan on going back and forth between Hamburg, NY and the villages. We are counting the days. I don't think you will regret buying in Duval. Good Luck, JanetandCarol
Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 AM

Hey John,

Hurry- They are giving GREAT deals out here in the Village of Duval!!!! I know, because I bought one of those GREAT deals and I couldn't be happier!! I am just a golf cart away from EVERYTHING and we are going to have a great social club. The best part of Duval is, we are all new here. There are no neighborhood "clicks", everyone one wants to be your best friend and if that's what you want too, than Duval is for you!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 PM

DD, Which social club did you join? We signed up for one last month at the postal station. By the way John we too love Duval. Right now it is like a sleepy little village. It is really quiet and as DD said it is close enough to everything. Can't wait, two more months and we are full timers.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.