Historic district: Town of Lady Lake Urgent meeting tonight regarding a proposed Huge

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Default Historic district: Town of Lady Lake Urgent meeting tonight regarding a proposed Huge

A concerned neighbor, who is not yet on totv, is leading a group of concerned villagers to stop the rezoning of 26 acres that would allow an RV/Boat/Trailer yard. It would include storage buildings and an RV/Boat wash station.

This 26 Acres is completely surrounded by village homes, and a few on The Lakes golf Community, with only a small opening into route 25.
I
Please come to show support and contact Joan Kellett at jmkellett@verizon.net (610) 639-0963.

The meeting is tonight at 409 Fennell Blvd, Lady Lake 32159. Town of Lady Lake Municipal Building.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers View Post
This 26 Acres is completely surrounded by village homes, and a few on The Lakes golf Community, with only a small opening into route 25.
According to the map, your statement is not true.

I see two rectangular plots along Route 25 that may be the ones you refer to. Both lots are adjacent to village homes, but not surrounded by them.

When you buy a property that is adjacent to undeveloped land, you should be prepared to accept whatever happens to that land. There are a lot worse possibilities than having RV's stored on it.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
According to the map, your statement is not true.

I see two rectangular plots along Route 25 that may be the ones you refer to. Both lots are adjacent to village homes, but not surrounded by them.

When you buy a property that is adjacent to undeveloped land, you should be prepared to accept whatever happens to that land. There are a lot worse possibilities than having RV's stored on it.
Your statement is incorrect. But thank you for your input.

All persons concerned about traffic, pollution, over development in general should attend this meeting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 PM
Sage

Your op is at the very least pretty misleading.

With Swartz Blvd to the south and west and Dowling Circle to the north, I understand your concern. But “surrounded”? No. And I’m not sure all those bordering homes are “village homes” either.

You won’t get much sympathy exaggerating your cause.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Your statement is incorrect. But thank you for your input.

All persons concerned about traffic, pollution, over development in general should attend this meeting.

From the other news source...

To the Editor:

There will be a public hearing at 5:30 p.m. Monday, March 5 at Lady Lake Town Hall to allow a mini warehouse storage facility with RV and boat storage, caretaker’s resident, office/commercial and cell tower
The 26-acre plot under consideration for rezoning is surrounded on three sides by single family residences with the least frontage on Route 25. The Villages is actively engaged in procuring properties and rebuilding for improvement. The Villages owns a 25-foot strip bordering the rear of the affected homes on East Schwartz. Where is the representation against this commercial use not normally placed in a residential area? How is this sound land use planning? Traffic, impervious surfaces, less green space, lighting, hours of operation, on site utilities, need for a caretaker? Help! Preserve our neighborhood. Do we have to fight for a wall? The entire Route 25 corridor needs a plan for compatible uses that will guard our home values and quality of life.

Joan Kellett
Village of Silver Lake
Old 03-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
From the other news source...

To the Editor:

There will be a public hearing at 5:30 p.m. Monday, March 5 at Lady Lake Town Hall to allow a mini warehouse storage facility with RV and boat storage, caretaker’s resident, office/commercial and cell tower
The 26-acre plot under consideration for rezoning is surrounded on three sides by single family residences with the least frontage on Route 25. The Villages is actively engaged in procuring properties and rebuilding for improvement. The Villages owns a 25-foot strip bordering the rear of the affected homes on East Schwartz. Where is the representation against this commercial use not normally placed in a residential area? How is this sound land use planning? Traffic, impervious surfaces, less green space, lighting, hours of operation, on site utilities, need for a caretaker? Help! Preserve our neighborhood. Do we have to fight for a wall? The entire Route 25 corridor needs a plan for compatible uses that will guard our home values and quality of life.

Joan Kellett
Village of Silver Lake
Not too late to make the 530pm meeting.

409 Fennell Blvd, Lady Lake, FL. 32159 (P) 352-751-1501

http://ladylake.org

Below is a quote from their website, funny how they tout the environment of Lady Lake, but seem to make every zoning change that hurts the environment!

"Welcome to the Town of Lady Lake, Florida – a sunny, friendly hometown community, conveniently located in Central Florida, along the 27/441 corridor, close to I-75, the Florida Turnpike and tourist attractions.

Our cozy location provides a picturesque view of streets lined with huge old oak trees, draped with Spanish moss and countryside dotted with orange groves surrounded by glistening lakes."

Old 03-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

Trust me. You don't want me, an RV owner, at the meeting, but if you insist, I will come.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Trust me. You don't want me, an RV owner, at the meeting, but if you insist, I will come.
Funny the Villages don't allow you to park it in your own driveway but the Villages don't seem to mind if villagers have 100 of them right in their backyard.

Come and express your opinion.

If the 26 Acres were right in the middle of Fenny, it would be a crushed project from the get go.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

Very true. When we selected a lot for our townhouse, we were told nothing would happen next door on the vacant land. A couple of years later, a low income apartment building went up.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

If you don't own the land be quiet. Just like the guy with the house in Charlotte objecting to fellow villagers using public green space..
Old 03-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
If you don't own the land be quiet. Just like the guy with the house in Charlotte objecting to fellow villagers using public green space..
But...from what I’ve read TV is going to fence it off to placate him. Seems to me that since two benches were installed there, it was intended to be common green space. Squeaky wheels...
Old 03-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The owners of the land have rights to do anything with it the law allows. After all, they own it, duh! Just be glad it is not destined to be a pig or dairy farm, slaughter house, chicken egg production facility, junk yard, recycling center, skateboard park, nuclear waste disposal site, fireworks factory, section 8 rental housing or a bunch of halfway houses for drug addicts or convicts getting out of prison.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-05-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Many are missing the point. A rezoning changes the status quo. One person gains, many lose.

It's not currently legal for them to build What they want.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

It is entirely lawful for an owner to get his/her/its property rezoned.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It is entirely lawful for an owner to get his/her/its property rezoned.
Who said it was not. Nice misdirection
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, lady, concerned, meeting, town

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.