Historic District Update

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 12:28 PM

No argument that other villages have a higher home cost but that doesnt mean those villages are any better
Old 10-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Thanks for asking such a good question. You have quite a list there!

I would explain the process of residential values, but I think it would be better received from the guy that is responsible for that determination himself:

Carey Baker
Lake County Property Appraiser
(352)253-2150

As to the rest of your list; I believe any village on the southwest side of 441/27 would have most of those items, but one thing they would not have is a bus stop just outside the gate.

Just curious, which village do you believe has neighbors that do not wave when encountering others and often displays an attitude of superiority??
Maybe your village?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe your village?
Nope not mine :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 12:52 PM

Homes that are 25 years old should not be expected to be as high in price as newer homes. But there is no reason a new home in the historic distict should be any cheaper than anywhere else
Old 10-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I don't think any area is better than another. It is how a person perceives his or her's surroundings. I remember one Village being called out for train noise and sewerage smell by someone who admitted they didn't live there. There is no reason for anyone to take a swipe at anyone else's living quarters.

There was a heavy duty post on here this morning with some terribly exaggerated observations about the Orange Blossom area. Thankfully they were snagged quickly by the Moderator. Some people want to stir the pot others just want to live here happily. The new homes being built are just wonderful.

Last edited by Nucky; 10-18-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Thanks for asking such a good question. You have quite a list there!

I would explain the process of residential values, but I think it would be better received from the guy that is responsible for that determination himself:

Carey Baker
Lake County Property Appraiser
(352)253-2150

As to the rest of your list; I believe any village on the southwest side of 441/27 would have most of those items, but one thing they would not have is a bus stop just outside the gate.

Just curious, which village do you believe has neighbors that do not wave when encountering others and often displays an attitude of superiority??
Anyone who must rely on the theory of a County Property Appraiser to define residential value[s] misses the intangible values of villages.

Which village on the southwest side of 27/441 does not have to deal with Morse Blvd or Buena Vista on a regular basis? Few!

What is wrong with having a bus stop outside a Village gate? Especially when it provides transportation for folks who do not drive a car? Seems to be a benefit for some!

I have personally experienced non-waving Villagers in many of the Villages South of 466. I get looks as if they think I'm crazy! And as for superiority - lol! Read the posts of those who disparage the residents, the homes and the properties of the historic side and check out where they reside!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM

if there was no historic side, there word be no new side, live and let love and enjoy. in 20 years most posters will be living under the real historic side hahahahahah
Old 10-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
You and I disagree on something, is it 2 or 4 homes on the block fit my description... I offered my opinion as I have ridden thru the area.

I agree people should go look for themselves. I don't doubt Nucky has a nice place, as I did acknowledge there were a lot of nice places.

To me it is not worth the price for a new home in that area, based on what I SAW!

When you say something I don't agree with, my blood does not boil. Understanding we can have two different views of that area should not be infuriating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I'm having a lot of trouble following this thread because of this post. First, I can't find the post that Gracie is quoting but it sounds like someone made the comment that 40% of the homes here are nasty.

That on its face is simply absurd. I live here and I drive around here every day and the percentage of home that I might consider "nasty' is probably less than 10%.

Secondly, I really would like to have this
Quote:
You and I disagree on something, is it 2 or 4 homes on the block fit my description... I offered my opinion as I have ridden thru the area.
translated into some kind of coherent sentence. Then maybe I might have some kind of an idea what is being said here.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Anyone who must rely on the theory of a County Property Appraiser to define residential value[s] misses the intangible values of villages.
Well the realtors must miss the value of those intangibles too, the price of homes in the historic district are of lower value. I doubt anyone that bought over there paid over asking price for the intangible values...did you?

Quote:
Which village on the southwest side of 27/441 does not have to deal with Morse Blvd or Buena Vista on a regular basis? Few!
How many villages are in the historic district? Few!

Quote:
What is wrong with having a bus stop outside a Village gate? Especially when it provides transportation for folks who do not drive a car? Seems to be a benefit for some!
Well the bus stop is not for public transportation, it is for public school...wont be long and you will meet someone that was born and raised in the Villages (the historic district)...I wont guess on why folks can't drive a car over there!

Quote:
I have personally experienced non-waving Villagers in many of the Villages South of 466. I get looks as if they think I'm crazy! And as for superiority - lol! Read the posts of those who disparage the residents, the homes and the properties of the historic side and check out where they reside!
Maybe its you? I have never had that experience in any neighborhood in the Villages.

I am a businessman, I look at most things from a business point of view, and I don't believe in unicorns either.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Default Golf Course homes

Two of the new homes mentioned ( Seabreeze, 3/2 for $249K and Lilac, 3/2 for $307K) are on Orange Blossom Country Club golf course. Where can you get a brand new home on a golf course for those prices? We bought a 25 year old stick built home three years ago on Orange Blossom Country Club course and remodeled it. Our home has only 1250 square feet and we did almost all the labor ourselves. It took us a year to redo our home. Based on what we spent and all our time, I think the price for those golf course homes is very good.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Two of the new homes mentioned ( Seabreeze, 3/2 for $249K and Lilac, 3/2 for $307K) are on Orange Blossom Country Club golf course. Where can you get a brand new home on a golf course for those prices? We bought a 25 year old stick built home three years ago on Orange Blossom Country Club course and remodeled it. Our home has only 1250 square feet and we did almost all the labor ourselves. It took us a year to redo our home. Based on what we spent and all our time, I think the price for those golf course homes is very good.
I wish all of you who live there in the historic side would ignore the snobbery of some of these posts. I wish all of you who have not gone to visit the historic side would take a nice long cart ride or a car ride to see how nice the area is.

I think that the developer in buying up some of the older modular homes and replacing them with site built will make the area safer during strong winds.

I cannot see that these replacement homes built by the developer are unfairly priced.

I have never in my whole life heard anyone speak disparagingly about another's home in real life. A person's home is almost their sacred place; Their place of shelter, their place of celebration, their place of safety and their place of pride.

To disparage someone's home and village in this beautiful town takes guts and ignorance ......and anonymity.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Actually, homes in the Historic District are selling for more money than homes in Fenny.

The Historic District is becoming the place to be and home values are rising rapidly. People who get in early on the new site built homes will see a big increase in the value of their property as the transformation takes place.

There will be a number of manufactured homes here for quite a few more years, but new site built homes are being built at a very fast pace.

If you take the time to drive around here, you'll see not only hundreds of site-built homes that have been built over the past five years but also many vacant lots where new site-built homes will eventually be built.

Another thing that a lot of people don't realize is that there was already a number of site-built homes in this section before The Villages began this revitalization effort.

The original goal of The Villages was to replace 250 manufactured homes with new site builts per year. If they kept at that pace, all of the manufactured homes would be replaced in 16 years.

I think that they're actually going faster than that because what they didn't plan on was that many residents would ask them to remove their home and replace it. That was done as an afterthought once a few homeowners approached them about doing it.

That means that within eight years of this project being started about half the manufactured homes will be replaced. We are now into the fourth year of this revitalization program.

I would suggest that people that are interested in coming to The Villages buy here now because the prices are going to go up more rapidly than other sections.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
And how does someone put a price tag on the convenience of access to shopping and necessities along the 27/441 corridor; or to access major travel arteries; or the ability to walk and bike ride mostly flat and gently sloped roadways with the occasional cardio incline challenge; or the peace and tranquility re the lack of traffic; or the gracefulness of fully developed landscaping and beautiful hardwood trees; or the neighbors who place boxes of their citrus at the curb for free; or the uniqueness of the homes that don't offer cookie cutter look-alikes; or the neighbors who wave when encountering others; or where your rarely encounter an attitude of superiority.
Love your post. I would buy on the historic side in a heart beat. Proximity to shopping is important to me. I have rented 3 times (short term) on the historic side. Love the location.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Actually, homes in the Historic District are selling for more money than homes in Fenny.

The Historic District is becoming the place to be and home values are rising rapidly. People who get in early on the new site built homes will see a big increase in the value of their property as the transformation takes place.

There will be a number of manufactured homes here for quite a few more years, but new site built homes are being built at a very fast pace.

If you take the time to drive around here, you'll see not only hundreds of site-built homes that have been built over the past five years but also many vacant lots where new site-built homes will eventually be built.

Another thing that a lot of people don't realize is that there was already a number of site-built homes in this section before The Villages began this revitalization effort.

The original goal of The Villages was to replace 250 manufactured homes with new site builts per year. If they kept at that pace, all of the manufactured homes would be replaced in 16 years.

I think that they're actually going faster than that because what they didn't plan on was that many residents would ask them to remove their home and replace it. That was done as an afterthought once a few homeowners approached them about doing it.

That means that within eight years of this project being started about half the manufactured homes will be replaced. We are now into the fourth year of this revitalization program.

I would suggest that people that are interested in coming to The Villages buy here now because the prices are going to go up more rapidly than other sections.
Another informative post. Thank you for the information.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Love your post. I would buy on the historic side in a heart beat. Proximity to shopping is important to me. I have rented 3 times (short term) on the historic side. Love the location.
Schaumburger - You would surely be another great addition to the diversity!

Closed Thread

Tags
homes, built, villa, patio, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.