Historic Side Ongoing Gate Problem

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Default Historic Side Ongoing Gate Problem

Several days ago there were several bars missing from the gate. Tonight the entire gate coming back into the Historic Operation is missing. Gone Finito, Adios! How long before they Powers That Be Will Pull The Plug as they did before I moved here. I wouldn't blame them one bit. I've seen people lend their entry card to others who didn't have a card TO GET BACK ONTO OUR PROPERTY.

I don't know what the real answer is but insiders or outsiders abusing our part of The Villages or any part shouldn't stand. It's so nice to shoot over to Wawa for a coffee or a Sangwich! I hope they figure something heavy-duty out to stop this abuse. Golf Cart traffic has increased greatly over there recently.

Last edited by Nucky; 10-14-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,465 Times in 3,090 Posts

Do you mean the Boone Gate? Or the golf cart gate that leads to the parking lots behind the medical buildings and Walmart and Aldis?
Old 10-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Several days ago there were several bars missing from the gate. Tonight the entire gate coming back into the Historic Operation is missing. Gone Finito, Adios! How long before they Powers That Be Will Pull The Plug as they did before I moved here. I wouldn't blame them one bit. I've seen people lend their entry card to others who didn't have a card TO GET BACK ONTO OUR PROPERTY.

I don't know what the real answer is but insiders or outsiders abusing our part of The Villages or any part shouldn't stand. It's so nice to shoot over to Wawa for a coffee or a Sangwich! I hope they figure something heavy-duty out to stop this abuse. Golf Cart traffic has increased greatly over there recently.
I agree that people, obviously those without a valid gate pass, are a constant problem with the gate in question. I hope that whatever is done to fix the problem does not involve a complete closure so that Villages residents can no longer use the gate. I use the gate frequently to take the golf cart to Lowel's. I guess the security camera at the gate does not discourage people from vandalizing it. It is a shame that people without a valid gate pass feel entitled to break the gate to gain access to the cart paths that amenity paying Villages residents pay for.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I agree that people, obviously those without a valid gate pass, are a constant problem with the gate in question. I hope that whatever is done to fix the problem does not involve a complete closure so that Villages residents can no longer use the gate. I use the gate frequently to take the golf cart to Lowel's. I guess the security camera at the gate does not discourage people from vandalizing it. It is a shame that people without a valid gate pass feel entitled to break the gate to gain access to the cart paths that amenity paying Villages residents pay for.
The only place they could be coming -from- if they're not from the Villages, is Stonecrest. That's the only place I can think of that has golf cart access to the same stores and medical centers.

Maybe the POA, or the VHA, should get in touch with the POA at Stonecrest and remind them - kindly of course - that their residents are not permitted to use those gates. And maybe if they don't do what's necessary to keep their own residents in line, perhaps their POA should start being billed for the gate replacements.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
The only place they could be coming -from- if they're not from the Villages, is Stonecrest. That's the only place I can think of that has golf cart access to the same stores and medical centers.

Maybe the POA, or the VHA, should get in touch with the POA at Stonecrest and remind them - kindly of course - that their residents are not permitted to use those gates. And maybe if they don't do what's necessary to keep their own residents in line, perhaps their POA should start being billed for the gate replacements.
Jazuela, maybe you should get some proof from the cameras of who is causing damage to the gates. In many situations The Villages has proven that it has been Villages residents in many gates being damaged across the Villages.

It’s not ethical to accuse and slander Stonecrest and expect their POA to pay for damages when all you have for proof is your speculation.

By the way do you use the paved golf cart path between Aldi’s and Walmart. You know, the one that Stonecrest residents paid for out of their own pockets to improve the dirt path that was there before. And Stonecrest people did this and you get the benefit of it with no contribution to maintain it. And you still badmouth them.

Maybe you should do the right thing and consider reciprocal use of that cart path and the gate.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

To verify who is responsible, would it be legal to set up a private camera to videotape what’s happening at the gate?
Old 10-14-2019, 05:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Defender Bollard-21 hero.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	81264  
Old 10-14-2019, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Ya but…….

Did you know Spruce Creek residents can cross 441 at SE176th St legally, that is the entrance to Spruce Creek. They can then make a right on SE 112th Court Road (the road on the back side of Sonic Drive-in) which will take them to Walmart and from Walmart you know the rest.

A rental home in my neighborhood is owned by a resident of Spruce Creek and he arrives to do maintenance by golf cart.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Since golf cart ownership can’t be identified, cameras are pretty useless. The best solution would be a true gate rather than just an arm. A golf cart could do damage to itself but not the gate. Of course, this won’t prevent illegal use of gate cards but at least there wouldn’t be the constant breakage.

Another solution would be no gate and just freedom of movement. Yes, this would mean Spruce Creek and Stonecreek residents could use the golf cart paths, but, as was pointed out, we have the benefit of a paved path paid for and maintained by Stonecrest. Seems like a reasonable trade.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Ya but…….

Did you know Spruce Creek residents can cross 441 at SE176th St legally, that is the entrance to Spruce Creek. They can then make a right on SE 112th Court Road (the road on the back side of Sonic Drive-in) which will take them to Walmart and from Walmart you know the rest.

A rental home in my neighborhood is owned by a resident of Spruce Creek and he arrives to do maintenance by golf cart.

I agree. Residents of Spruce Creek and Stonecrest come to The Villages by cart. I also know of one person from Oakland Hills who has a cart and uses it in The Villages.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
Jazuela, maybe you should get some proof from the cameras of who is causing damage to the gates. In many situations The Villages has proven that it has been Villages residents in many gates being damaged across the Villages.

It’s not ethical to accuse and slander Stonecrest and expect their POA to pay for damages when all you have for proof is your speculation.

By the way do you use the paved golf cart path between Aldi’s and Walmart. You know, the one that Stonecrest residents paid for out of their own pockets to improve the dirt path that was there before. And Stonecrest people did this and you get the benefit of it with no contribution to maintain it. And you still badmouth them.

Maybe you should do the right thing and consider reciprocal use of that cart path and the gate.
This thread was started by someone who has observed that NON-Villages residents have been crashing the gate. As I posted in the post you responded to - my response was IF THE OP'S SUPPOSITION IS TRUE - then the only place I could think of where those golf carts could be coming from, is Stonecrest.

However I've just been informed by the post directly above me that Spruce Creek also has access to that path, that leads to our golf cart gate.

The Walmart path is open to anyone who can pass it; Stonecrest doesn't own that property, they merely agreed to cover the cost of paving it. It is an open-access golf cart path and residency in one specific development is not required for its use.

Residency of The Villages to use the Villages gate from that path to the Villages residents - and back out again - is required in order to use the gate. The only thing on the other side of that gate, is Villages residences, and Villages-exclusive amenities.

Supposedly there are cameras - I've seen them, but don't know if they operate or record. But if they do, it would seem a logical step to take a look at them and learn who is crashing the gate.

And - as I said before: IF IT IS someone from outside the Villages - whichever development those gate-breakers are coming from - should be held responsible for their repair and for reminding THEIR residents that they are not permitted to use that particular gate, since it leads to private property, not to commerce of any sort that they would need access to.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Since golf cart ownership can’t be identified, cameras are pretty useless. The best solution would be a true gate rather than just an arm. A golf cart could do damage to itself but not the gate. Of course, this won’t prevent illegal use of gate cards but at least there wouldn’t be the constant breakage.

Another solution would be no gate and just freedom of movement. Yes, this would mean Spruce Creek and Stonecreek residents could use the golf cart paths, but, as was pointed out, we have the benefit of a paved path paid for and maintained by Stonecrest. Seems like a reasonable trade.
Would it seem like a reasonable trade if you owned and rented GOLF CART ACCESSIBLE property?
Old 10-14-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Ya but…….

If he owns a rental home in the Villages then he pays Villages amenity fees and should have two valid gate passes, so he has a right to use the gate in question and access the Villages golf cart paths.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage

The access at the Villages gate is to allow residents into their own residential area. It is a "back door" from public property to private property.

The Walmart path is a path from public to public. As far as I know, Villagers should not be gaining access to Stonecrest or Spruce Creek private residential property with their golf carts. If any of us are doing that, and we shouldn't be, then either of those developers should absolutely be calling the Villages to account on it.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The access at the Villages gate is to allow residents into their own residential area. It is a "back door" from public property to private property.

The Walmart path is a path from public to public. As far as I know, Villagers should not be gaining access to Stonecrest or Spruce Creek private residential property with their golf carts. If any of us are doing that, and we shouldn't be, then either of those developers should absolutely be calling the Villages to account on it.
You are right on except I think we are allowed to go to Stonecrest. I don't know about Spruce Creek. Anyone can come into The Villages driving a car. My objection is that it just adds more golf cart traffic on our paths maintained by The Villages. I recall two accidents involving golf carts from outside areas that caused harm to villagers. We have enough bad drivers without more golf carts. Including us OLD people.

Tags
gate, back, historic, card, missing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.