Hit & Run Damage Cost Corvette Vs Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Eagles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
That is crazy, maybe we should have a line-up for the Michigan State people. Could he be a New York Jet fan, or the eagles,or Baylor Bear, or maybe the Village High School fan.This is a little crazy. It was a accident,thousands happen everyday. The person has insurance,it will be taken care. Yes some time without car and some small costs.Talk of newspaper adds and of registar of carts. This is a little too much.These are the things that drive me and the wife crazy.........
Can't be an Eagles fan. We are a very loving,honest and forgiving group, unless you are "Santa Claus". For what it is worth, "that drive to being crazy" is a very short drive for me.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 AM

It is not crazy to pursue this person. He was at fault and owes Mr & Mrs F16 a substantial amount of money. I thought our generation was more "stand-up" than this. It pains me to see the folks that say "so what? There is insurance". I pay my insurance to cover what I might do to another. You do too. It is very irresponsible of that person to not man-up and do what is right. So I agree with the folks that say pursue him. My $.02
Don
Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It was a vette something many have wanted since they were young, once damage is done you can never say original....i know there is insurance but that is not the point..hope someone comes forward to at least say i am so sorry
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

The person driving the cart will have to live with his/her own guilt every day for a very long time. If I were driving the GC, and were not injured, I certainly would have had the decency to check on whomever was in the car, damage aside. I find that more disturbing than any dollar amount, though honesty in all cases should have prevailed. We unfortunately have insurance not just to cover our mistakes, but those of others... So, yes, the damage will be covered, and hopefully F16's rates will not be affected.

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Cart Insurance

In talking to our lawyer about golf cart insurance, she said there are a lot of people driving them without insurance. Also the person driving may have been under the influence, or mental issues. Not making excuses for leaving the scene, just possible reasons. Some of the same reasons for an auto leaving the scene. Not right, but it happens.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
In talking to our lawyer about golf cart insurance, she said there are a lot of people driving them without insurance. Also the person driving may have been under the influence, or mental issues. Not making excuses for leaving the scene, just possible reasons. Some of the same reasons for an auto leaving the scene. Not right, but it happens.
So true. So sad. Folks not doing the right thing.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
That is crazy, maybe we should have a line-up for the Michigan State people. Could he be a New York Jet fan, or the eagles,or Baylor Bear, or maybe the Village High School fan.This is a little crazy. It was a accident,thousands happen everyday. The person has insurance,it will be taken care. Yes some time without car and some small costs.Talk of newspaper adds and of registar of carts. This is a little too much.These are the things that drive me and the wife crazy.........
My suspicions are that you would feel differently if it had been your vehicle and not F-16's. It almost sounds like you know the perp.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

This really makes me wonder if we don't need cart ID numbers. And I hate to think of the hooplah that would engender among the folks who are for it or against it. What a fight.It would be Gary Morse's fault for sure.
There should be some way to identify the golf carts. I know it would be a huge undertaking, but something has to be done. The sooner things get rolling, the easier it will be. I think there could be a separate category and license for all vehicles and registration required, i.e. street legal and non street legal. I think all operators should be licensed too. I know I will get a lot of flack about that, but I'm entitled to an opinion.

I hope F-16 finds out who did this and pushes it to the limit! I know I would.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
There should be some way to identify the golf carts. I know it would be a huge undertaking, but something has to be done. The sooner things get rolling, the easier it will be. I think there could be a separate category and license for all vehicles and registration required, i.e. street legal and non street legal. I think all operators should be licensed too. I know I will get a lot of flack about that, but I'm entitled to an opinion.

I hope F-16 finds out who did this and pushes it to the limit! I know I would.
This is something that would have to be undertaken by the Florida Legislature. Call or write your representative.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
It appears as though something has indeed driven you a little crazy.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
My suspicions are that you would feel differently if it had been your vehicle and not F-16's. It almost sounds like you know the perp.
Why in the world,would I know the "perp" Or maybe you would feel differently if it was your vehicle?..........
Old 07-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I know the victims. Please do not think that their fancy car defines them.

They are kind, down to earth people, who get along with everyone. They own the sweetest dogs and Steve is a fisher-man and a water aerobics instructor. Mrs. F is a kind, beautiful, genuine human being who has been instrumental behind the scenes in many Relay for Life fundraisers. They are good folks to the core and it rankles me big time that this guy is getting away with it.

DANG!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know the victims. Please do not think that their fancy car defines them.

They are kind, down to earth people, who get along with everyone. They own the sweetest dogs and Steve is a fisher-man and a water aerobics instructor. Mrs. F is a kind, beautiful, genuine human being who has been instrumental behind the scenes in many Relay for Life fundraisers. They are good folks to the core and it rankles me big time that this guy is getting away with it.

DANG!
Amen Gracie
Old 07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Veteran member

I just got one of those Souped up Camaro's that is my baby. If some drunk / deranged idiot smacked me, I'm afraid I'd been up on the cart path chasing him down. In the old days I'd have launched a side-winder. "INCOMING"
Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

By the way . . .. before you all start thinking I'm some kind of wack-o who's just as bad as the Hit & Runner, I wouldn't chase someone down on the cart path or launch a side-winder. I'd probably just sit and cry. THEN I'd dream up something crazy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.