The holdings of the developers.

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
You mean they'd prefer to have remained in the days of elected politicians managing it as one of the poorest counties in the state instead of one of its most prosperous?
Hi ilovetv: that dog won't hunt. and frankly I don't care one way or another . I understand the statistics. However, we don't know what the county would look like with elected officials and the economics of the developing of TV. The building of TV pumped money into this county,as well as Lake and Marion. However what we don't know is what the economics would have looked like with elected politicians. Sumter One was vital to The Villages of Lake Sumter, Inc. for good reason. Ask yourself who finances the Villages Charter Schools? What taxes might we be paying had we a different form of government? Would local prices on those businesses controlled and monopolized by The Village of Lake Sumter Inc be more or less? Ask people who want to rent space at the Savannah Center or other Rec Centers what they have to pay...........We will never really know because The Villages of Lake Sumter ,Inc never intended to lose control of this cash cow called The Villages and that is why he is very involved in all local elections and appoitments to various utility boads, etc.

The only way we may possible know is to have an independent audit and that will never, ever happen. Heck right or wrong even the IRS can't make any headway. perhaps The Villages of Lake sumter, Inc is of benefit to us but we will never really know...and if there is someone who does please share it with all of us
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi ilovetv: that dog won't hunt. and frankly I don't care one way or another . I understand the statistics. However, we don't know what the county would look like with elected officials and the economics of the developing of TV. The building of TV pumped money into this county,as well as Lake and Marion. However what we don't know is what the economics would have looked like with elected politicians. Sumter One was vital to The Villages of Lake Sumter, Inc. for good reason. Ask yourself who finances the Villages Charter Schools? What taxes might we be paying had we a different form of government? Would local prices on those businesses controlled and monopolized by The Village of Lake Sumter Inc be more or less? Ask people who want to rent space at the Savannah Center or other Rec Centers what they have to pay...........We will never really know because The Villages of Lake Sumter ,Inc never intended to lose control of this cash cow called The Villages and that is why he is very involved in all local elections and appoitments to various utility boads, etc.

The only way we may possible know is to have an independent audit and that will never, ever happen. Heck right or wrong even the IRS can't make any headway. perhaps The Villages of Lake sumter, Inc is of benefit to us but we will never really know...and if there is someone who does please share it with all of us
Heck I don't know. I am a girl from Ohio. I know this, that when the country was walking around in the financial doldrums, we weren't having the same trouble here in TV. Building ten percent of the homes in the entire country in this dinky little poor inland county. People were furnishing them and spending money and keeping the economy going here.

Somethng was done correctly. AND as we can see on this forum, people can jump frequently to illogical decisions. I CRINGE to think of this place being run by the residents.

Now let me see. A performing arts center, ten indoor pools, five new dog parks. a staff of people at the squares that keep folks from saving seats.More softball fields, separate roads for bike riding running, golf carts and cars.... All good things...but sometimes we can't have all of the fancy things we want and pay the bill. I don't care how much the Morse bunch has made. They deserve every penny of it.

Selfishly. I am gonna enjoy it all and hope it doesn't get ruined before I die.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Sage

Yea, I am in awe of the accomplishments of the combined family members. I wish they would stay in charge of every aspect of The Villages and its amenities.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:

Haven't seen anything yet government officials can manage better than private enterprise. Just saying!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Sage
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/pub...A/20130410.pdf

Here's an example of Gary Morse's influence with the Florida Legislature on the front page of today's Tampa Bay Times.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/pub...A/20130410.pdf

Here's an example of Gary Morse's influence with the Florida Legislature on the front page of today's Tampa Bay Times.

It was a smart move by the developer and a good thing for TV residents.

If not, some healthy spouses might decide to sell and relocate if their sick spouse needed to go to a skilled nursing facility and there were no beds available.

Adequate availability of this type of medical service was one of my concerns. No one wants to think about that sort of thing. But it could turn into a big issue (crisis) if there is not enough capacity.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
If your are good at puzzles, here you go:

Business Connections for Lbcv, Inc.
Holy moley!!! I'd hate to be the person doing Mr. Morse's taxes!

Bill
Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Holy moley!!! I'd hate to be the person doing Mr. Morse's taxes!

Bill
Maybe that is why the IRS is investigating. No one can figure it out?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Default Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Maybe that is why the IRS is investigating. No one can figure it out?
I am impressed with the entire place and find it more impressive since I moved here in November. In the early days there were deals cut to entice businesses to come to TV to provide services to the people. Dentists, stores, etc.

The first ones in must have had long growing pains. With Vision and a little Luck things worked out so we can benefit. This maise of ownership is complicated. I am not sure where the support staff is housed ( offices ) .

It takes a lot of people to keep this going.

I would suspect at the end of the buildout the family will retain the commercial operation and turn it over to a management company and relocate if they think it is necessary. All the infstructure of TV will be sold off and TV will be operated by the CDD's.

Were do the golf courses fit into this maise? I could not find them .

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarbuckSammy View Post
They don't own T&D.
I have been told differently by a source that would know
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Sage

Ummmm...when you have the largest and fastest growing 55+ community in the state, isn't it evident that many more people here are going to need nursing home beds as compared to other, smaller communities around the state??

Why would you want a shortage of nursing home beds in TV? (Unless you own a competitor nursing home, as the man quoted at the end of the story is........the end of the story not shown in the link of the pdf file of the paper above. Full story is here:

Villages retirement community asks Legislature for nursing home | Tampa Bay Times
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Maybe one way to make an educated guess would be to look at the economies of the surrounding counties which do not have major cities within. Take a look at Citrus, Levy, Hernando, etc.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 AM

Try this link.

The Villages Operating Company Company Profile - Located in The Villages, FL - H. Gary Morse, John F. Wise, Mark G. Morse
Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Gold member

Which one of the Morses live off of route 466 with its own golf course?? Right by Tierra Del Sol.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Maybe one way to make an educated guess would be to look at the economies of the surrounding counties which do not have major cities within. Take a look at Citrus, Levy, Hernando, etc.
Citrus county's major economic problem is the disabled nuclear reactor in Crystal River. After Progress Energy damaged the reactor by trying to repair cracks itself, Duke Energy has announced it will abandon the reactor.

Also in Levy County, the proposed nuclear reactor has been put on hold and Duke Energy is refusing to pay a lot of it's property taxes to the county.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.