The holdings of the developers.

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Veteran member

Whenever a thread is started with, "Hey everyone, let's figure out all the holdings and financial interests of the people that started this development..." The Morse's developed the Villages legally, and with great vision.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't get why she would want to compliment the developer (Morse's) with such a thread and in such a way? If Gracie loved the Morse's, why not just say so and leave well enough alone?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

These Master Planned Communities thrive because the builder has vision and is legally allowed to create it. Thank GOD for people like the Morse's! Without them the "Villages" would be little more than swamp land.

I simply do not understand people that come in way after the fact and lob insults via (gee everyone, wonder how much the developer owns?)

Do your homework BEFORE purchasing and enjoy your life. Why would a happily retired person give a rat's fanny what the Morse's own? How could that possibly impact their life?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
These Master Planned Communities thrive because the builder has vision and is legally allowed to create it. Thank GOD for people like the Morse's! Without them the "Villages" would be little more than swamp land.

I simply do not understand people that come in way after the fact and lob insults via (gee everyone, wonder how much the developer owns?)

Do your homework BEFORE purchasing and enjoy your life. Why would a happily retired person give a rat's fanny what the Morse's own? How could that possibly impact their life?
You have 6 posts, Gracie has a gazillion. I know how she feels about the Morse family. Are you are wrong on this one. Let it drop.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Heck I don't know. I am a girl from Ohio. I know this, that when the country was walking around in the financial doldrums, we weren't having the same trouble here in TV. Building ten percent of the homes in the entire country in this dinky little poor inland county. People were furnishing them and spending money and keeping the economy going here.

Somethng was done correctly. AND as we can see on this forum, people can jump frequently to illogical decisions. I CRINGE to think of this place being run by the residents.

Now let me see. A performing arts center, ten indoor pools, five new dog parks. a staff of people at the squares that keep folks from saving seats.More softball fields, separate roads for bike riding running, golf carts and cars.... All good things...but sometimes we can't have all of the fancy things we want and pay the bill. I don't care how much the Morse bunch has made. They deserve every penny of it.

Selfishly. I am gonna enjoy it all and hope it doesn't get ruined before I die.
Agree completely Gracie.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Whenever a thread is started with, "Hey everyone, let's figure out all the holdings and financial interests of the people that started this development..." The Morse's developed the Villages legally, and with great vision.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't get why she would want to compliment the developer (Morse's) with such a thread and in such a way? If Gracie loved the Morse's, why not just say so and leave well enough alone?
I started it to try to show what someone who works hard and has a good plan can accomplish.

I don't know the Morses but I think they have done such a good thing that this remarkable place will be held in awe for generations to come.

They built a beautiful. clean place, filled with flowers and trees and bushes and water and vast lovely green golf courses and roads to drive on and invited older, smart, sassy, incredibly interesting people to live here.

They have turned what might have been wasted years into increbibly full years and have given many of us a dream we could never have dreamed.

Before I die, I have a huge wish to shake Mr. Gary Morse's hand.

You are wrong my young friend. On this one anyway. There is nothing to hide or be ashamed of that one family has created a successful business in so many ways and by example showed us all how it could be done. Little by little they seem to turn over much of what they have created to be bought and run by others.

It all seems good to me.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
You have 6 posts, Gracie has a gazillion. I know how she feels about the Morse family. Are you are wrong on this one. Let it drop.
OK.. I'll back off. Can't imagine why Gracie would start such a thread? Perhaps she'll explain why?

I'm glad the american spirit and laws allow such people as the Morse's to create such great places as the Villages. I suppose there will always be those who question their authority...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
I started it to try to show what someone who works hard and has a good plan can accomplish.

I don't know the Morses but I think they have done such a good thing that this remarkable place will be held in awe for generations to come.

They built a beautiful clean place, filled with flowers and trees and bushes and water and vast lovely green golf courses and roads to drive on and invited older, smart, sassy, incredibly interesting people to live here.

They have turned what might have been wasted years into increbibly full years and have given many of us a dream we could never have thought to dream

Before I die, I have a huge wish to shake Mr. Gary Morse's hand.

You are wrong my young friend. On this one anyway. There is nothing to hide or be ashamed of that one family has created a successful business in so many ways and by example showed us all how it could be done. Little by little they seem to turn over much of what they have created to be bought and run by others.

It all seems good to me.

If you had waited a few seconds....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
OK.. I'll back off. Can't imagine why Gracie would start such a thread? Perhaps she'll explain why?

I'm glad the american spirit and laws allow such people as the Morse's to create such great places as the Villages. I suppose there will always be those who question their authority...
Maybe because the Morses have nothing to hide.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

I'll let my discomfort with this thread die with the thought... I hope Gracie never compliments me! Yikes... what a back-handed compliment... question the extent of the developer's holdings and somehow claim that as a positive post? Must have worked in Washington...
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'll let my discomfort with this thread die with the thought... I hope Gracie never compliments me! Yikes... what a back-handed compliment... question the extent of the developer's holdings and somehow claim that as a positive post? Must have worked in Washington...
I don't view wealth or business success as a negative.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't view wealth or business success as a negative.
Ok I give, what was your purpose in starting this thread then?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Let me guess first:

ADMIRATION.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Maybe she did it to give you something to post about. maybe it was something to make you engage your brain. Oh heck, I forget what the post was even about by now!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Let me guess first:

ADMIRATION.
In .21 seconds Google would have given Gracie those results. Why start the thread?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Seriously, you have so completely misunderstood the purpose of Gracie's post. And Gracie herself.

It's a good idea to lurk here awhile and get a feeling for the different posters' personalities before taking off on any of them. Find out which ones are humorous, totally serious, sarcastic, bombastic, subtle, without guile, menacing, etc, and combinations thereof.

And PLEASE don't say anything about dog poop or roundabouts.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.