Home Insurance Cancelled?

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2020, 06:50 AM
Default Home Insurance Cancelled?

Received a "Notice of Non-Renewal" yesterday from US Coastal Property & Casualty due to risk exposure management. Curious if anybody else got one. Gonna call the Villages Insurance this morning to get an explanation. We had sink hole coverage and never had any claims. Any comments or suggestions??
Old 11-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

How old is the house. We bought preowned, and home was built in 12/09. No sinkhole.
Aig tripled rate, no reason, other than a $15,000 deductible for wind damage. We switched to State Farm for close to our original premium last year, with the same coverage.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

All these new roofs I see being put on might have something to do with higher homeowner rates. I’m sure The Villages insurance can find you another insurance company to insure your home.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
All these new roofs I see being put on might have something to do with higher homeowner rates. I’m sure The Villages insurance can find you another insurance company to insure your home.
And it will be at a higher rate, all those roofs that scammers are having put on their houses for "free" have to be paid for by somebody. In this case, it is all people who own homes in The Villages.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Canceled

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-18-2020, 04:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Canceled
Question or a statement.

Wouldn’t be the first time an insurance company canceled a policy
Old 11-18-2020, 06:17 AM

Most of the new roofs on homes that are about 4 years old are paid for by roof material supplier. Defective material.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusb741 View Post
Received a "Notice of Non-Renewal" yesterday from US Coastal Property & Casualty due to risk exposure management. Curious if anybody else got one. Gonna call the Villages Insurance this morning to get an explanation. We had sink hole coverage and never had any claims. Any comments or suggestions??
Your first mistake is using the villages insurance company. They are very expensive. I used an outside agency and my cost was 40% less for the same coverage. Also, if you read your sink hole portion of the policy you will probably cancel it.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Just an FYI. Those new roofs that you see going up are NOT paid from a homeowners policy. It’s paid by the roof manufacturer due to defective materials
Old 11-18-2020, 06:52 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

Check with Allstate at Buffalo Ridge. I got an excellent policy with them with sinkhole deductible at $1000 instead of 10% deductible like my previous thru Villages Independent Insurance. I also have on auto and golf cart and get discounts and good driver rebates.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusb741 View Post
Suggestion?

Here's one, call the carrier directly, asking that you might talk with a customer service representative (CSR).

Maybe the explanation is as simple as miscommunication. Or, maybe an anonymous tipster called your company complaining that you had adopted an "attack" dog.

It's happened.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:48 AM

My neighbors are bragging about their new roof they got for free and it’s not because the roof material was defective. Beware of the free inspection! You would be wise when they ring your doorbell to just tell them to go away. If you are concerned about your roof contact your own independent roofing company to inspect your roof for free.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

We have bundled Progressive insurance thru Villages Insurance. No new roof, no claims. Received new bill this month. It went DOWN $8.00. Not much but we’ll take it!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:56 AM

If you are a prior service members, or have one in your family, check with USAA for all your insurance needs. A similar company for those not affiliated with the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard, check rates with AMICA.

Both are top rated with Consumer Reports.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 11-18-2020, 07:57 AM

My mother's neighborhood is all getting (except for her, she paid for her own) new roofs. Homes are 20-23 years old. First new roof for all. Roofing company bill insurance as "storm damage". Obvious fraud. People bragging about new roofs. So, it's not just newer homes.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, explanation, call, villages, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.