Home owners ins.

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Home owners ins.

Has anyone had there home owners ins. policy come up for renewal? Just received my new quote...went up $200.00 for a year, sink holes are to blame...callled a few different agents and a lot of Ins. Co.'s are not even offering sink hole coverage anymore. any suggestions?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Sage

It looks like you either have to pay it or self insure. Question for those just buying new: Is the sales department addressing this question at all or has anyone questioned them?

Last edited by Carla B; 03-01-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
KittyKat
We have had State Farm since we moved here in Aug of 2007. After reading the recent posts about sinkholes I called to check on our specific coverage. Right now our sinkhole coverage is included in our home policy but when it is up for renewal we will have the option of purchasing a sinkhole rider which we certainly will do. I think I remember someone posting a while ago that State Farm was not taking new customers--better check.

Just remembered--we would have to have an inspection first; we pay half & ins co pays half; I think she said $25 each.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Default Buying pre-owned home

I'm buying a pre-owned home. Most insurance companies, including State Farm (which I have in PA now), Allstate, and The Villages insurance companies could only offer sink hole coverage as a possibility: you buy the insurance, you pay $70 for an inspection, then the company decides whether to offer sinkhole coverage or not (when I asked, they said that usually they do not).

Only Universal offered coverage without an inspection.

There may be others, but I didn't find them.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

I HAD State Farm for 60 years. Here in TV/FL they started to rape policy holders with price increases. We experinced an almost 50% increase since we moved here in 2004. Shopped around and found much better service than the local gal who has the largest account in TV.

When I got competitive quotes and went back to HER, the answer to meet the competition was to reduce coverage. I no longer have State Farm as a provider.

btk
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.