Home Owners Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2021, 07:18 AM

This not just a TV problem this is a state wide. There have been many reported stories in the local news stations. The people who are going to be hit the worst are the ones with roofs 14 and older and manufactured homes.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:19 AM

Just moved in after 4 years of seasonal renting.

Had a policy with villages that provided sink hole coverage was $1,500 per year.

My cars are with State Farm so I gave them an opportunity and same coverage with sink hole was $1,097.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack View Post
Anybody else seeing a huge increase this year? I've had no claims and the only explanation I get for my 39% increase is FL storms. I've used Villages Insurance for years and always been happy. Have shopped it a few times and they are always competitive. Just wondering if others are seeing this also and to this degree.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Smile Homeowners Ins Increase

Quote:
Anybody else seeing a huge increase this year? I've had no claims and the only explanation I get for my 39% increase is FL storms. I've used Villages Insurance for years and always been happy. Have shopped it a few times and they are always competitive. Just wondering if others are seeing this also and to this degree.
ok, this IS THE REASON, the insurance company said it is because so many people put 'CLAIMS' IN for roof or home damage from storms. So WE absorb some/most of the claims. So got to love the people who are scamming the insurance companies for claims... and a lot do. All insurance companies do this, and all insurance companies have gone up in there prices.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Shop around. The Villages Insurance represents several insurance companies. I’ve contacted them twice in sixteen years over big premium increases and they’ve found much more competitive pricing each time. And if they didn’t, I was prepared to shop other companies and agents.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:34 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikenbats66

Village insurance has always had higher premiums than many others .
Like everything else , shop around .
Old 06-10-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Villages insurance for progressive was twice the price when I shopped directly.
most people overinsure contents. My insurance with progressive is 455- a year no increase
Old 06-10-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Insurance

Quote:
Yes, Broker Villages Insurance, I formerly was ASI but just last year they put me with Tower Hill (house 10 years old as of Feb21).
I also have Tower Hill. Purchased home 2020, insurance was $550.00 this year increased to $750.00. Home is 18 months old.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:44 AM

Yes have seen the same….insurance companies have taken a hit and share the cost with us.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:47 AM

Contact Farmers Insurance in Oxford. Hugh discount from TV insurance.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, thanks, we have an umbrella and intend to keep that coverage.
I would suggest you check into that before cancelling policies. I was told an umbrella policy ONLY comes into force AFTER your regular insurance is exhausted. As a matter of fact you have to carry more robust insurance on homes and autos to have an umbrella policy. If that was not the case then why wouldn't someone just get one big umbrella policy and skip the rest?
Old 06-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Remember there were lots of claims this yr. & not just Florida. Just because you have Ins. Called VILLAGE INS. doesn’t mean Village Ins. is getting their money from just the people in TV. Better check & see what company The Villages Ins. is with. Remember their mother company insures probably most of the country! Then you got to think where do Ins. companies get millions or billions of Dollars to help people in a disaster area to fix their homes. Here’s a hint! You & me & our premiums.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:29 AM

The rates went up....because they could! The FL Legislature approved rate increases.....ask them why they approved the increases!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Lot's of people are getting "free" roof replacement. TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch).
Old 06-10-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Mine was AIG through the Villages, got a letter doubling the cost from 950 to 1800. I called The Villages and they said they couldn't do anything about it or save me any thing. The reason that AIG gave is they have been having to replace too many roofs in The Villages. They said that I could keep the same price if I would except a $15,000 deductible on roof damage. I went shopping my self and cancelled all my policies with The Villages as they don't seem to care about their customers. Ended up with Allstate for about 600 less and still have $500 deductible and have sink hole also which AIG would not do. Being as The Villages doesn't care about their customers also changed my auto, motorcycle, and golf cart to Allstate for a great savings.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Why are you surprised? This has been in the newspapers for awhile now about rates going up with no explanation. Though you dont know the reason, you should have been prepared for it with all the press it received awhile ago
I did expect an increase but 39% was not mentioned in anything saw/heard.

Tags
increase, insurance, times, shopped, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.