Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Default Comcast

Can I tell you how much I hate Comcast ? We are currently renters because our house was hit by the Tornado. When we first bought our house, we tried Concast, but got sick of the snowy pictures and the excuse that it would take 2 years and new cables to fix. We went to Dish network, and were very happy. Now, as renters, we have to put up with Comcast again. It has poor quality pictures on some channels, poor channel selection, and a preview channel that is REALLY the pits (you can't find out what different programs are about). The preview channel is like something out of the 1970's. Get with the program Comcast, all the money you're making, how about some quality cable service at a good price.

The only good thing I can say about it is that we get the VNN network. But then I could probably get that with a coat hanger antennae.

Regards
Purple _ worm
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Founder
Default Re: Comcast

Let's hope that someone from ComCast will respond to your post. If any readers will be talking to Comcast soon, please tell them to check out this post and respond to it.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

No problem with comcast here..it is probably a problem with your wires...well worth having them come out
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Sorry you have COMCAST problems.......Get out and around the villages there is plenty of activity to keep you busy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

What do Comcast problems and Villages activities have in common? Sounds like this guy got up on the wrong side of the bed.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
What do Comcast problems and Villages activities have in common? Sounds like this guy got up on the wrong side of the bed.
Didn't you know! If you can ignore your problems they will go away. If you become involved in enough activites around the villages, even your motgage will go away.......your car payment too. ;D
Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

May be true with mortgages and car payments, but not mosquitos.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default It Might Depend On Your Prior Experience

When we moved to The Villages from "up north", I took the advice of on of TV employees and signed up for Comcast Cable. I was told that reception on satellite dishes was spotty because of frequent thunderstorms. I had DirecTV up north for several years and was familiar, but not too put off, by the occasional interference. But I went along with the recommendation and signed on.

After a rocky installation--the young Comcast installer crossed some wires and my broadband didn't work worth beans--I finally got going. I had TiVos' with my DirecTV and became accustomed to their slick user interface. The Comcast DVR's were rudimentary and sluggish by comparison. I was also disappointed in the Comcast programming. Lots of channels that I liked simply weren't offered in our area of central Florida. Then I'd see the ads for Comcast On Demand. When I called the local office they explained that the cables and wiring in our area was so old that it wouldn't support that kind of advanced service. They said we might get On Demand in a couple of years. (Hey, at my age I'm not willing to wait. I don't even buy green bananas!).

So after a few months I punted Comcast and had a DirecTV dish and DVR's installed. I am a happy camper! Oh, the DirecTV DVR's aren't quite as good as TiVo's, but they're worlds better than Comcast. And I'm back to getting all the programming I became accustomed to.

And by the way--I have less service interruptions here than I experienced up north!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 PM

We are worried that when we get to TV, we won't be able to purchase the "Sports Package" or, according to this post....even see it if we do buy it. That's available only on Comcast, isn't it?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM

I have Comcast and have no beef with them. Great picture, no interruptions. Also had Comcast up in Atlanta before moving here and service is better here than I had up there.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

We had comcast the first six months. Problems with their customer service. Switched to Dish and are very happy. Only problem is heavy rain interferes with the reception. We have a total package, internet, phone and dish with Embarq, etc.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 AM

Would you be willing to share the cost of the total package (internet, telephone, dish) with Embarq?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.