Homemade Mask requests from our HCP's

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 AM
Default Homemade Mask requests from our HCP's

I posted a few days ago about the request for homemade masks...I got laughed at. I said lets revisit this in 2 weeks....did not have to wait that long.

The need is REAL and here is the Database that has been set up for those in need to reach out for assistance. Maybe if you had started sewing then....

Of course, the proper masks should you have access to them would be the first choice to donate, however at this point they are accepting anything.

Again, if you have a sewing machine and materials laying around, it is one good way to support this effort and do our little part for those who are trying to hard on our behalf.

Deaconess - Where to donate Face Masks

Last edited by Koapaka; 03-24-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:01 AM

I'm making (not ,N 95) masks. I cut out a bunch yesterday and hope to put some together each day. Would be nice if P O would deliver them free of charge Looks like U F Villages Hospital is accepting them. I was planning to mail them to TV Hospital.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney16 View Post
I'm making (not ,N 95) masks. I cut out a bunch yesterday and hope to put some together each day. Would be nice if P O would deliver them free of charge Looks like U F Villages Hospital is accepting them. I was planning to mail them to TV Hospital.
Since we are home and bored, might as well do our little part to support all those that WISH the only thing they had to be worried about was being bored.

THANK YOU for assisting! I know they appreciate everything they are getting at this point.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:23 PM

Thanks for posting this. Who were the geniuses that laughed at you? My sister and niece in Ohio have been sewing masks for two weeks. My niece is a vet tech, and made them for her office so they could send their N95 masks to the local hospital. Our neighbors could be wearing them in the stores, too. Makes me mad to see people in the stores wasting medical grade surgical masks on themselves when the hospitals are running out of them. I said wasting because at least half of them don't have them on properly. How is a doctor going to treat you from six feet away because you wore his mask to go out and buy cheese curls?
Old 03-30-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpygreens View Post
Thanks for posting this. Who were the geniuses that laughed at you? My sister and niece in Ohio have been sewing masks for two weeks. My niece is a vet tech, and made them for her office so they could send their N95 masks to the local hospital. Our neighbors could be wearing them in the stores, too. Makes me mad to see people in the stores wasting medical grade surgical masks on themselves when the hospitals are running out of them. I said wasting because at least half of them don't have them on properly. How is a doctor going to treat you from six feet away because you wore his mask to go out and buy cheese curls?
Oh, you missed the fireworks. Several "medical" types, all very judgmental, stating that was CRAZY, no one would EVER use homemade masks.

If anyone wants the pattern, go to youtube and you will find it.

YES, they are not perfect, and YES I prefer all my fellow healthcare provider were NOT in this situation, but unfortunately it is the reality of the situation. I told them "lets revisit this in 2 weeks and see who is wrong"...unfortunately it did not even take two weeks.

LOTS of us older folks have sewing machines...so many of the younger generations don't...here is our way to assist. Thank you for being willing to be part of the SOLUTION.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 AM

I was hoping to find a local drop off spot for the home seen ,( not NOT)
masks . I called T V hospital and she said they are accepting them and would use them one way or the other. She also said they had a 2 month supply of medical masks. They are stockpiling them and will wash & treat the home seen ones when they have enough to do a batch.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:32 AM

Excuse typos. I think you can get the meaning. Correction function thought I needed help. The word Seen should be sewn.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

I worked at the hospital yesterday. Everyone in the building is supposed to be wearing masks. Employees doing direct patient care are wearing hospital grade masks and the patients are wearing fabric masks that people have donated! I brought home a fabric mask to wear out in public, but many I tried on were way too big for a small woman's face. The best homemade masks I've seen have pipe cleaners sewn in at the nose and a little tuck taken on the side. Thank you to everyone who is making and donating these!!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 04-10-2020, 07:49 AM
Sage

We were able to get some home-made masks BUT once we tried them on the elastic pulls our ears (both of us) forward. Is there a way to fix this. We were most thankful to obtain these but sending them back and saying "they don't work" is beyond me. Guess we have large heads. Any sewers out there that can give some tips would be appreciated.

On another note....I think it's wonderful that people are being selfless in making these.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:07 AM

You might attach a rubber band to each elastic to lengthen
Old 04-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Default In need of interfacing.

Do any sewers in TV have extra non-woven interfacing? I am making masks for family members who are ill and or on chemo. The non-woven interfacing makes the masks safer.
Thanks,
LinTaylor414@gmail.com
Closed Thread

Tags
homemade, sewing, reach, assistance, behalf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.