Homeowner walks in on 2 burglars

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2016, 04:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Homeowner walks in on 2 burglars

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A man I knew, a former member of the French Resistance, while awaiting his boat's turn to go through the Panama Canal, was confronted by two pirates off Colombia attempting to board his boat. He blew them away with a shotgun. Kudos to him!

Colombian Nazi pirates ?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Shocking to see how naive people here seem to be concerned only about break-ins to steal material possessions/money.

Duhhhhh....there are vicious attackers that break in to rape and beat/stab victims to a pulp, too! That causes lifelong mental trauma, unlike material things that can be replaced and for which we have insurance.

But that has not happened here. That has not happened here. That has not happened here.

There was a woman whose purse was stolen outside of Target a couple of years ago. The two thugs pushed her to the ground and she was hurt. The three combined county law enforcements worked together and traced the couple to Orlando from surveillance footage. They have been arrested and incarcerated.

One woman was murdered by her daughters acquaintance and it was about drugs. ONE MURDER here. There have been many suicides. And many domestic violence situations. ONE murder.

I am not saying that bad things can't happen or won't happen here. It is always wise to be very careful and to protect yourself and to watch around you. But to encourage fear when there is not good reason at this time is not helpful. We have a low crime rate here. We have on their toes law enforcement who work very hard to protect us. This could change at any time. There were many break ins last year at this time. And most of those people were caught. It is wise to have your home protected. But to get your bowels in an uproar thinking about all the bad stuff that could or can happen is not good.

We have many, many, many armed homeowners who know how to use a gun and when to use a gun and that is probably adding to the overall deterrent to criminals entering homes.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-16-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
But that has not happened here. That has not happened here. That has not happened here.
Was there not a thread on here about an intruder that raped a woman (in the Villages) about a year and a half ago? Some suspected her yard guy?
Maybe my memory is going...

I do have a suggestion if you shoot an intruded (or anyone else for that matter); Kill them! It is less confusing for the police to understand one story as opposed to a "he said - she said" story, and you will definitely be going down to the station for some serious conversation when you shoot someone (in your house or not, eminent danger or not)). So if you don't want to kill, don't shoot!
Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Was there not a thread on here about an intruder that raped a woman (in the Villages) about a year and a half ago? Some suspected her yard guy?
Maybe my memory is going...

I do have a suggestion if you shoot an intruded (or anyone else for that matter); Kill them! It is less confusing for the police to understand one story as opposed to a "he said - she said" story, and you will definitely be going down to the station for some serious conversation when you shoot someone (in your house or not, eminent danger or not)). So if you don't want to kill, don't shoot!

I remember what you are thinking...vaguely. This woman ended up in the hospital but whether she fell or was harmed by someone was disputed a great deal. I think I remember repeated alcohol abuse being mentioned.

She had friends who believed her and folks who didn't. I don't know what happened but I will try to find that thread and post it if it isn't closed....which is likely.

I found a thread about this. Type in Latest in assault in Duval in search, above. The thread is closed.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-16-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

SMH. Head in sand.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
SMH. Head in sand.

Are you shaking your head about ME? Do you think I have my head in the sand? I have lived here for nine years now.

I think we bring with us feelings of fear or security from where we grew up. We spent our lives in an area that was almost as safe as this one is. Some people grow up with lots of crime around them.

Some people just like to talk about guns and using them. Somewhere between the way that you look at things and I look at things is probably realistic.

You chose "outlaw" for a screen name. Nuff said.

Tags
homeowner, carry, burglars, house, bad, guys, time, permit, reason, returns, online, paper, read, walks, walked, half, hour, residence, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.