Homeowner walks in on 2 burglars

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Sage
Default Homeowner walks in on 2 burglars

Just read on the online paper that a homeowner, walked in on 2 burglars.
The homeowner left his residence & returns an half hour later & there were two
bad guys in his house.

Another reason to get a carry permit & carry all the time.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just read on the online paper that a homeowner, walked in on 2 burglars.
The homeowner left his residence & returns an half hour later & there were two
bad guys in his house.

Another reason to get a carry permit & carry all the time.
Agreed.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The is any property really worth the death of another human? Sorry, I'd be running out of the house faster than the burglars. If they start to come after me, then I'll shoot. Otherwise, I'll let the Sheriff handle it.

As the online news reported, the two burglars were masked and fled the second they saw the homeowner.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Burglars? Why so harsh? It was probably the parents of some starving young child who were driven from their homes by poverty brought on by some cruel businessman (who looks a lot like the guy from the Monopoly game). They were just about to take a sandwich from the refrigerator (for their child) when the homeowner showed up. Before they could explain (and give a post-dated check for the food), the misguided homeowner jumped to conclusions and thought the worst. I think he should apologize.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 03-14-2016, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=redwitch;1198611]The is any property really worth the death of another human? Sorry, I'd be running out of the house faster than the burglars. If they start to come after me, then I'll shoot. Otherwise, I'll let the Sheriff handle it.

I agree.

Shooting should always be your last choice but it is good to have that choice.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Burglars? Why so harsh? It was probably the parents of some starving young child who were driven from their homes by poverty brought on by some cruel businessman (who looks a lot like the guy from the Monopoly game). They were just about to take a sandwich from the refrigerator (for their child) when the homeowner showed up. Before they could explain (and give a post-dated check for the food), the misguided homeowner jumped to conclusions and thought the worst. I think he should apologize.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Sage

When You startle a bad guy , hope you can shoot fast & straight- & remember to empty your weapon
When the LEO's show up-remember the following statement, " I will cooperate with you 100 % after my lawyer arrives" till then shut your mouth !!!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
When You startle a bad guy , hope you can shoot fast & straight- & remember to empty your weapon
When the LEO's show up-remember the following statement, " I will cooperate with you 100 % after my lawyer arrives" till then shut your mouth !!!
And don't forget "I felt that my life and the life of my spouse was in imminent danger".
Old 03-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Sage

What did the masks look like?
[I guess that's not too important.]
Old 03-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Gold member

Wait a minute. If they are in your house and you are outside, can't they use the castle doctrine to defend themselves? Possession is 9 tenth of the law.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Sage

This happened while my son was attending:
Samurai Sword | Sword Fatal To Intruder - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

The student got off. For a little while the student might have been charged since he had options. He could have just called the police. Instead he pursued the thief.

Is that the castle option?
Old 03-15-2016, 04:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=Walter123;1198647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
The is any property really worth the death of another human? Sorry, I'd be running out of the house faster than the burglars. If they start to come after me, then I'll shoot. Otherwise, I'll let the Sheriff handle it.

I agree.

Shooting should always be your last choice but it is good to have that choice.

If it comes down to a last choice, is there a body part that will disable yet produce minimal blood loss ? My house, my rules.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam

In Tennessee you can shoot an intruder in your home. Perhaps the same rule applies in Florida. I know how I would feel if I walked in on a burglar, violated, but I am not certain how I would react?

Do we know what this homeowner did or did not do?
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Sage

Say nothing -shoot to remove the threat--the police are not your friends in this kind of a situation-when they arrive -make sure you do not have any weapon in the hands & your hands are in plain sight over your head.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Say nothing -shoot to remove the threat--the police are not your friends in this kind of a situation-when they arrive -make sure you do not have any weapon in the hands & your hands are in plain sight over your head.

OH for Pete's sake.

There were two burglars in someone's home and they ran when the homeowners came back after having been gone a half an hour. All's well that ends well and fortunately the LEO's here caught the two gypsy burglars from last month. I believe in second amendment rights too, but some folks just love to boast about what macho men they are.

I am sure that many homeowners have guns and know how to use them and know when to use them and that makes me feel safe. I am a little concerned about people who appear eager to show off.

Common sense that is all, common sense. We are not in some nasty crime ridden place, Thank God. NOT YET.

Tags
homeowner, carry, burglars, house, bad, guys, time, permit, reason, returns, online, paper, read, walks, walked, half, hour, residence, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.