Homeowners ins.

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2022, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
Does anyone know how USAA coverage compares to other providers in this area?
all i can say is i wish i had them. this has nothing to do with roofs, but we were hit (their fault) in our car, & the other guy had USAA--they were exceptional. THEY called ME while still @ scene of the crash, & treated me better than my own ins. co. did! (Travelers.)
Old 06-15-2022, 11:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

USAA gave me a ridiculous quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,089 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
Does anyone know how USAA coverage compares to other providers in this area?
I went back to USAA on my primary home, and happily paid $1000/year more to fire "Frontline" after they made me buy a hot water tank I didn't need and then harassed me over tree branches from a tree I didn't own and then threatened to drop me if I didn't provide the details of some claim made by a prior-prior owner who died three years ago. I had to get my agent to write them a formal letter to inform them that I had no way of knowing what damage that dead owner had claimed, just to keep them from putting a cancellation in my insurance record. And that was after the house had already passed TWO of their own inspections, not counting the water penetration inspection I paid for when I bought the place! So I fired them. And then they refused to refund the balance, because they said they had paid out a claim, which was a complete fabrication. I threatened to report them to the insurance commission, and they finally sent me a check for all but $10 of what they owed me, I guess just to annoy me into telling everyone I meet how they treated me. In short, don't buy "Frontline" insurance.

I would love to use USAA to replace "American Integrity" on my rent house, but they won't insure short-term rentals. Yes, they are expensive, but after the way "Frontline" and "American Integrity" have treated me, do you really imagine that either one would ever actually pay a claim? I think real insurance just costs more than fake insurance.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:50 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,089 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
That’s to protect them from the roofing scams.
No kidding.

Care to hazard a guess why it costs 20% more to NOT have insurance on my roof?
Old 06-16-2022, 06:22 AM
Default Need advice regarding house insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
WOW.... I've had Amer. Integrity for my HO's Ins. for several years.. in 2020 the yearly premium was $675 .. in 2021 it went up to $1050 just received my 2022 premium now up to $1750 .. I have a 20 yr old Amarillo with a 4yr old roof .. time to shop around again
I have house insurance with Cabrillo coastal ( US coastal property & casualty company) I have sink hole coverage10% deductible, flood coverage low deductible, hurricane deductible $500. Good house coverage policy.all perils $1000. Deductible. I’m worried this company has no integrity and if I needed a serious claim I would have difficulty with them. My premium is a little high but I want complete coverage. State farms is local and has integrity but with them no sink hole , no flood and a 2% hurricane deductible. Yes I save some money but I want good coverage. Any advice appreciated and I know my house is 13 years old but no one else will give sinkhole?
Old 06-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I have house insurance with Cabrillo coastal ( US coastal property & casualty company) I have sink hole coverage10% deductible, flood coverage low deductible, hurricane deductible $500. Good house coverage policy.all perils $1000. Deductible. I’m worried this company has no integrity and if I needed a serious claim I would have difficulty with them. My premium is a little high but I want complete coverage. State farms is local and has integrity but with them no sink hole , no flood and a 2% hurricane deductible. Yes I save some money but I want good coverage. Any advice appreciated and I know my house is 13 years old but no one else will give sinkhole?
Why would you think Cabrillo Coastal has “no integrity”? We have home owners, auto, and umbrella policy through Allstate. They put us with Cabrillo so we would have sinkhole coverage. I don’t think Allstate would deal with some fly-by-night outfit.

That said, rates are going through the roof. First year our homeowners policy for this house was $1400. Next year, $2200. Just got the latest bill: $3100. Thanks, roof scammers!

k.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. I have sinkhole coverage with Progressive.
Ditto. We have Progressive with sinkhole insurance. No crazy rate hikes.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:11 PM

With progressive you've probably always had rates higher than others !!
Old 06-25-2022, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake View Post
With progressive you've probably always had rates higher than others !!
Nope. My rates were lower than those with Allstate and State Farm...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-26-2022, 10:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Kin just got approved for immediate 48% rate increase.

The few companies still writing in Florida are having increases.

Kin just got approved for an immediate 48%.
Closed Thread

Tags
ins, premium, amarillo, roof, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.