Home's on the market

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Minnesotalyn Minnesotalyn is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Villages
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Home's on the market

Well our home's offically on the market as of today. We're excited and a little scare at the same time. We've never moved cross country before. Any feed back will be appreciated. We've cleaned out the shed and garage, but there's still alot of stuff I'd like to sell. If the house takes a while to sell I'll be ok. But of coarse you want it to sell quickly. I can't have a garage sale with all this snow.
  #2  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,526 Times in 715 Posts
Default Get rid of more than you would have originally planned.

Many of us brought our treasured furniture with us only to find that with the new open, airy, light and bright tropical environment...much of the furniture just did not work. Hence we sold/donated most of it and went new. If we had to move over again we would sell most of the furniture and start over again with new furniture in the new house.

Of course there are things you won't part with....but there is much you will find....that you will....but after you move it here!!!

btk
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #3  
Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
oceangirl oceangirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Md now, Buttonwood
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
Well our home's offically on the market as of today. We're excited and a little scare at the same time. We've never moved cross country before. Any feed back will be appreciated. We've cleaned out the shed and garage, but there's still alot of stuff I'd like to sell. If the house takes a while to sell I'll be ok. But of coarse you want it to sell quickly. I can't have a garage sale with all this snow.
So happy your home is on the market. Our home just went on the market also. The realtor was here today to take photos for the front of the homes magazine.

I couldn't agree more of being scared. My stomach is in knots and thoughts are racing in my head.

Just keep purging and keeping your home clean.

Good luck selling your home and please keep us updated.

Everyone keeps saying the best is yet to come.
  #4  
Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
ceegeo's Avatar
ceegeo ceegeo is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
Well our home's offically on the market as of today. We're excited and a little scare at the same time. We've never moved cross country before. Any feed back will be appreciated. We've cleaned out the shed and garage, but there's still alot of stuff I'd like to sell. If the house takes a while to sell I'll be ok. But of coarse you want it to sell quickly. I can't have a garage sale with all this snow.
Good for you two. Congradulation! We also are selling out here, never lived anyplace else, like you scared and excited. But looking at this as a new adventure. Been coming to TV for 8 years and love the people..just everything about it is wonderful. Bought a lot in St James and can't wait to get the home started. Best of luck.
  #5  
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
nkrifats
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default

Hope your homes sell quickly. We have been on the market and got an offer real quick. Then the stress began. Waiting for the person to get a mortgage. Having to adjust closing dates and etc. It appears that we have a locked in buyer and will close in June. Will be one happy day when it closes and we only have one house and that is in the villages.
  #6  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Gongy Gongy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Good for you two. Congradulation! We also are selling out here, never lived anyplace else, like you scared and excited. But looking at this as a new adventure. Been coming to TV for 8 years and love the people..just everything about it is wonderful. Bought a lot in St James and can't wait to get the home started. Best of luck.
Hi All,
We came down in October and put money down on a lot in St. James also. This weekend we have a real estate agent coming to take pictures and put our home on the market. My stomach is in a knot and my emotions change daily! I love the idea of living in The Villages, but I hate putting this distance between us and our kids and our 2 Granddaughters. Life is short and we love The Villages lifestyle, so its our turn to do what we want. We are coming down the end of March to make our selections, we will be living on Yankee Clipper Run.
I wish us all luck with selling our homes and I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying our new adventure in life.
Linda and Sandy
  #7  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 PM
skyc6 skyc6 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We, too, have styarted the selling process! At this point, we are only on the internet, by owner. Hoping for a sale soon, but things are slow! Looking forward to being in TV as soon as we can! Good luck to all of us! Fingers crossed!
  #8  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
ceegeo's Avatar
ceegeo ceegeo is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongy View Post
Hi All,
We came down in October and put money down on a lot in St. James also. This weekend we have a real estate agent coming to take pictures and put our home on the market. My stomach is in a knot and my emotions change daily! I love the idea of living in The Villages, but I hate putting this distance between us and our kids and our 2 Granddaughters. Life is short and we love The Villages lifestyle, so its our turn to do what we want. We are coming down the end of March to make our selections, we will be living on Yankee Clipper Run.
I wish us all luck with selling our homes and I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying our new adventure in life.
Linda and Sandy
Linda and Sandy,

We bought a lot on Oakcrest Path which is across St Charles from you. We WILL get our homes sold and then the fun begins building a new home in a wonderful place. How good can life be. Looking forward to meeting you. Best of luck to all of us.
Butch & Cecelia
  #9  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
73Goat's Avatar
73Goat 73Goat is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Villages
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welp, we just signed a contract on a spec in Pennecamp and are putting our home in Virginia on the market this weekend, so we can feel some of your pain.

Very concerned at the moment. We qualify for both our Virginia and Villages House payment, but, there 's always the fear that something can go wrong.

We're not intending to bring a great deal with us when we come to the Villages if that's what you mean. We expect to buy most new, in fact, we're going to be 'snowbirds' for a year or so before we finally retire and move to Florida full time. We'll probably buy most of our stuff down there.
__________________
Dallas Cowboys Football! It's why I drink. A lot.
  #10  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am so happy for each and every one of you. Moving can be stressful, but honestly, you are on your way to Lower Paradise. Keep your eyes on the prize!



p.s., Please keep us posted on your progress. I wish you all a speedy sale.
  #11  
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Gongy Gongy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Goat View Post
Welp, we just signed a contract on a spec in Pennecamp and are putting our home in Virginia on the market this weekend, so we can feel some of your pain.

Very concerned at the moment. We qualify for both our Virginia and Villages House payment, but, there 's always the fear that something can go wrong.

We're not intending to bring a great deal with us when we come to the Villages if that's what you mean. We expect to buy most new, in fact, we're going to be 'snowbirds' for a year or so before we finally retire and move to Florida full time. We'll probably buy most of our stuff down there.
Sounds like many houses are going on the market this weeekend! We live near Richmond VA.
Pennecamp is beautiful, we have friends that moved there about 9 months ago and they are so happy with their choice.

Also, Pturner thank you for your kind words.
Linda
  #12  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Minnesotalyn Minnesotalyn is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Villages
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good luck to all you guys too. We're having our first showing this afternoon, we're ready. Can't wait to get down there and meet all you guys too. Linda & Mike
  #13  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Iowa Hawkeye's Avatar
Iowa Hawkeye Iowa Hawkeye is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa, Kansas City, and soon TV, Tamarind Grove
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We also listed our home yesterday. Can't wait to get there. We are going the conservative way, selling first, then pick either new or existing. If we have to rent for a while, so what!
  #14  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
oceangirl oceangirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Md now, Buttonwood
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am so happy for each of you, 73 goat, nkrifat, ceege 6, Iowa Hawkeye,
Linda & Mike and gongy.

How nice to was to hear the excitiment in your posts. I am sure glad we are not the only one feeling the jetters. I wasn't this nervous when we got married. Of course that was many years ago. I feel like a kid again.

Linda and Mike hope your first showing is positive. Our realtor told us yesterday it would take some activity to see what buyers think.

We decided to price our home to sell. Not what we think it is worth. Of course yesterday when it snowed I told my other half put away your snow blower we are done. Of course easy for me I was off school.

We will be on Bachman Path in Buttonwood. Would love to meet everyone.
  #15  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM
whartonjelly whartonjelly is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lawrenceburg,Indiana near Cincinatti
Posts: 286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We just carpetted 2 rooms, bought a new stove and vent which matched the new fridge in stainless steel.Touching up all the painting that was done. Got rid of heavy sleeper sofa. getting rid of bedroom furniture to daughter. Moved hospital bed to basement until people can pick it up. Packing more boxes. Most of the rooms are thinned out ready to be staged. In March the relocation service will contact us. We already priced obtaining pods, storage costs and moving them to TV. I sent out for my Rn endorsement and am waiting to see what the RR Retirement board is doing in March. Each day is an accomplishment.

I also want to get new or differrent furniture once we make it down!!!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.