Homes Sold South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Growth south of 44 has definitely been beneficial for Brownwood as many more stores and restaurants will be built near us. But the massive increase in traffic is a concern particularly the intersection of 301 and the turnpike. TV developers should be required to open up another access to the turnpike at 468. If it is bad now with less than 10% complete, it will be unbearable when they sell the rest of the homes.
Could you put in a good word for the Developer in Tallahassee.....that's where the decision is made.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz323 View Post
Whats going to happen is the two main roads (Morse and Buena Vista) will be traffic clogged all year around instead of just during the winter months. If you remember the roads were designed at the time that the plan was to have Rt. 44 as the Southern end of the villages. It did not take into account the many thousands more vehicles that will come with the new master plan. How much money can those folks in the ivory tower spend in one lifetime?

Worry, Worry, Worry.

The roads are owned by the Government, not TV.

Remember how small SR-93 was????............Of course not, you know it as I-75.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Yeah I can't imagine why anyone would continue trying to make millions MORE dollars than the millions they already have, when they can just hand the whole shebang over to an independent board and rest easy on their laurels. Unless - they get sucked into the more-is-more mentality, which is what most uber-wealthy people have.

The Morses aren't doing diddly for the community. They're destroying it. The community was farmers. They've displaced the farmers, razed the farms, displaced the animals that lived on the farm, sown chaos into the environment and infrastructure of Florida's beautiful wildlife areas. They're "paved paradise and put up a parking lot." So from the "community" standpoint - they've been nothing but destructive, and everyone who lives there now (including myself) is a contributor to that destruction.

Pretending otherwise is just denial. A person has to really want to not believe the truth, to believe the Morse family has any interest in altruism or their step-great-granddad's legacy at this point. Perhaps it's a self-defense mechanism, so you don't feel guilty about the abject destruction you really are contributing to: pretend it's not happening.
So glad you are now a part of our community. But if this is how you feel why did you move here?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yeah I can't imagine why anyone would continue trying to make millions MORE dollars than the millions they already have, when they can just hand the whole shebang over to an independent board and rest easy on their laurels. Unless - they get sucked into the more-is-more mentality, which is what most uber-wealthy people have.

The Morses aren't doing diddly for the community. They're destroying it. The community was farmers. They've displaced the farmers, razed the farms, displaced the animals that lived on the farm, sown chaos into the environment and infrastructure of Florida's beautiful wildlife areas. They're "paved paradise and put up a parking lot." So from the "community" standpoint - they've been nothing but destructive, and everyone who lives there now (including myself) is a contributor to that destruction.

Pretending otherwise is just denial. A person has to really want to not believe the truth, to believe the Morse family has any interest in altruism or their step-great-granddad's legacy at this point. Perhaps it's a self-defense mechanism, so you don't feel guilty about the abject destruction you really are contributing to: pretend it's not happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If that's the way you feel why are you living here? You need to do some deep soul searching and start seeing the cup half full.
But, but can I put a window air conditioner in that little shack by my house?
Old 03-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Jazuela.

P.S. Just for the record. Harold Schwartz was Gary Morse's father, NOT his step father. It's complicated, but so are most things.

Harold Schwartz lived in the area you now live.

Please don't come here from there and make here like there.

We like it here and if you liked it there you should have not come here

To make here like there.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-12-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am going to go sit on my very much nicer than average chair at my closest rec center today and I am going to paint along with a lot of other older people and I am going to see the beautiful things they create and I am going to study their faces again, and I am going to think more about this.

It is going to be another beautiful day in The Villages.
Gracie, you write a lot of great posts, but I especially loved this one.

Like a wise senior citizen, you have learned to appreciate everything in your life and the people you associate with. Good for you, and keep it up!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

Sadly in previous posts you have mentioned more than once your husband gave you the options of moving to TV, or you were on your own.

I am hoping since you did not choose to stand on your own and not move here, that you could enjoy the lifestyle that TV has to offer.

You still seem too angry to settle in, but I am hoping with time you will enjoy your new life here.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sadly in previous posts you have mentioned more than once your husband gave you the options of moving to TV, or you were on your own.

I am hoping since you did not choose to stand on your own and not move here, that you could enjoy the lifestyle that TV has to offer.

You still seem too angry to settle in, but I am hoping with time you will enjoy your new life here.

Thanks for this post.

Jaz, I hope you find peace in this beautiful place.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Thanks for this post.

Jaz, I hope you find peace in this beautiful place.
Some folks love to find fault and complain, complain. Jaz may never be happy here.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Let's not even try to delude ourselves.

Other than the Bill Gates/Warren Buffett's of the world who have pledged to give away their fortunes, I don't see a whole lot of altruism...in the mega-rich.

For most...there is never enough money.

Yes, they will modify or improve their product/services to make them more attractive to their customers (to increase sales), but let's be totally honest...it isn't being done out of the 'goodness of their hearts.'

And more power to them, as I admire those who are very successful.

BUT, I neither worship, nor am jealous of them, as I am fortunate enough...to have all I need.
I think you are incorrect- it is no shock that most public buildings have rich peoples names on them - in Milwaukee we have the Kohl Center, the Bradley Center, the Petit Ice center - all are homes for arts and sports. I believe MOST rich people are philantropic - hugely so.

America, New Zealand and Canada top list of world’s most generous nations | The Independent
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

////
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
////
I agree.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage

I am happy if someone had the smarts or good luck or put in the hard work to be wealthy. We have many people living in The Villages who started out just like many of us whose parents lived through the depression and those people have become very wealthy, never broke any laws and quietly funded many people and organizations.

I don't think that anyone should belittle or chastise anyone for working hard and getting rich. What a person does with their money is their own business and publicly advertising helping others is no better than doing it without fanfair. If the average person can take care of their own without support from the government that is to be applauded. And it is helpful to all of society.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I have heard time and time again how the area south of 44 is booming and hundreds and hundreds of homes are being sold every month.

The real place to find out how sales are in any CDD is to look at the audits that are released yearly for every CDD. This is what was in the audits for the year ending September 30, 2018 for CDD 12 which is the area south of 44.

"Village CDD No. 12 (Sumter County) – This CDD’s boundary consists of
approximately 1,483 acres within the city limits of the City of Wildwood in the in the
northeast corner of the county. Planned development includes construction of 6,144
residential units of which 4,608 remain unsold as of the end of the Fiscal Year."

If you do the calculation that means that since February 2017 when they began selling there until October 2018 (20 months) they actually sold 1536 homes.

According to the 2017 audit they had sold 206 by September 30, 2017,

Feb 2017 - Oct 2017 - 206 residential units sold south of 44
Oct 2017 - Oct 2018 - 1330 residential units sold south of 44

Those are the real numbers according to the approved audits.
So this is the first post and I read it somehow to say The Villages isn't doing so well. Is this what the writer meant?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So this is the first post and I read it somehow to say The Villages isn't doing so well. Is this what the writer meant?
The houses had to be built before the homes could be bought. It takes a tremendous amount of infrastructure work before homes can begin. The number reflects what was built at those months, plus does not account for many who are building their homes. Homes are now being sold in Linden, so other villages in the Fenney, McClure, DeSoto will soon be sold out.

This is a new venue for the developer, I think the numbers reflect that as in any new village it takes time to complete and may be on the same pace as most villages.

When we bought our first home in Pennacamp, we closed in March, with only three homes completed in our neighborhood. I returned Forth of July, and every lot was either near or completed. I think the developer is close to being on target.

Tags
sold, south, cdd, audits, residential

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.