Homes Sold South of 44

Homes Sold South of 44

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-09-2019, 10:13 AM

That math was based on the 1330 number not the 1472 number , which comes out to 7+ per day.

Building
Old 03-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Who cares! They will all be sold. When they stop selling, they will stop building. Meantime, good employment for many people.
I agree that it will be good employment for many people. The problem I am afraid of is that TVRH is already at the max. It is harder to get an appointment at many doctors offices and getting there is more of a nightmare. I have to go up to the cancer center next to the hospital six days a week and it is taking me about 36 mins each way as opposed to 25 mins a year ago. That is 60 mins per week that I waste. Going to churches is more crowded so you have to go earlier and then you may have to stand. the new Publix on Kristine Way is getting as crowded as colony is. As I look at the rec news to find ideas for recreational clubs there are many that are filled up. Restaurants are crowded, more so than other snow bird times in past year. A realtor from the Villages said they will just start building more and more stuff. Judging by the time it has taken to build Trailwind that will help alleviate the crowd in a year or so at best. I can't see many people traveling down to Waterman hospital on an ongoing basis.
None of these mentioned is a problem for the Villages, it is a problem for us. And they are only about one fourth built, Life as we knew it in TV is going to change drastically.And where are we all going to golf?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

It really doesn't matter. In 2017 and part of 2018 they were aggressively selling new homes in Oceola and the Pines along with a few further north. Now except for the few further north if buyers want a new home all are south of 44. The number of homes sold here every week still amazes me and I don't think the developers spend a lot of money on national advertising, mostly word of mouth. A lot of these homes are being bought by those owning homes north of 44 that are choosing to live down here and we know quite a few that are already buying their second homes here. Most of the resales are from those going into their second homes.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I agree that it will be good employment for many people. The problem I am afraid of is that TVRH is already at the max. It is harder to get an appointment at many doctors offices and getting there is more of a nightmare. I have to go up to the cancer center next to the hospital six days a week and it is taking me about 36 mins each way as opposed to 25 mins a year ago. That is 60 mins per week that I waste. Going to churches is more crowded so you have to go earlier and then you may have to stand. the new Publix on Kristine Way is getting as crowded as colony is. As I look at the rec news to find ideas for recreational clubs there are many that are filled up. Restaurants are crowded, more so than other snow bird times in past year. A realtor from the Villages said they will just start building more and more stuff. Judging by the time it has taken to build Trailwind that will help alleviate the crowd in a year or so at best. I can't see many people traveling down to Waterman hospital on an ongoing basis.
None of these mentioned is a problem for the Villages, it is a problem for us. And they are only about one fourth built, Life as we knew it in TV is going to change drastically.And where are we all going to golf?
Sally, The market will adjust, a rising tide lifts all ships, the business and food industries are much more aware we are here now and will be quicker to locate here, especially in this good economy.

People are NOT just moving to The Villages, they are also moving to Ocala, Fruitland Park, Wildwood, Oxford, Leesburg, and all of Lake, Sumter, and Marion Counties. Florida is now the third most populous State in the union. We are ahead of New York in population. If The Villages don't build, someone not as good will.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I kinda agree although only to the point that it is busier that it used to be but, for us, it's still better than it was in the metro areas up north. We are in TV health system so getting into a care center withing a day is still happening. I recently used Urgent Care and was in an out easily. There are more health care facilities going up near Brownwood and I suspect more will show up to offload those below 44. Just takes time. Most people I talk to that came from the north still believe traffic is easier than where they left but agree it is heavier than it was a couple years ago during the season. We do 90% of our traveling inside the bubble on carts since being in a hurry for anything disappeared with schedules and deadlines when we were working. We are enjoying the excitement of growth and the new stuff that will show up as Corporations review this area against their business plans (who knows, maybe a Costco ) may show up. I also suspect that in 5 years or so those in the south will have no reason to travel north and those in the north will have no reason to travel south and the loads will even out. When we moved to Hillsborough almost 5 years ago we were chastised by friends for moving so far south....now we are in the middle. Soon, we will be in the old section

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I kinda agree although only to the point that it is busier that it used to be but, for us, it's still better than it was in the metro areas up north. We are in TV health system so getting into a care center withing a day is still happening. I recently used Urgent Care and was in an out easily. There are more health care facilities going up near Brownwood and I suspect more will show up to offload those below 44. Just takes time. Most people I talk to that came from the north still believe traffic is easier than where they left but agree it is heavier than it was a couple years ago during the season. We do 90% of our traveling inside the bubble on carts since being in a hurry for anything disappeared with schedules and deadlines when we were working. We are enjoying the excitement of growth and the new stuff that will show up as Corporations review this area against their business plans (who knows, maybe a Costco ) may show up. I also suspect that in 5 years or so those in the south will have no reason to travel north and those in the north will have no reason to travel south and the loads will even out. When we moved to Hillsborough almost 5 years ago we were chastised by friends for moving so far south....now we are in the middle. Soon, we will be in the old section
My "bold" function on this site doesn't work anymore, but I wanted to emphasize what you said about people not having reason to travel south or north for facilities. I hope that is true, and that there will be enough country clubs, golf courses, pickleball courts, etc., in the southern areas to satisfy the residents there. Some of their amenities are better than what we have (putting course, zero entry swimming pool), but maybe it will just become a TV North and TV South situation. People normally don't want to travel too far to just have fun on a daily basis.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My "bold" function on this site doesn't work anymore, but I wanted to emphasize what you said about people not having reason to travel south or north for facilities. I hope that is true, and that there will be enough country clubs, golf courses, pickleball courts, etc., in the southern areas to satisfy the residents there. Some of their amenities are better than what we have (putting course, zero entry swimming pool), but maybe it will just become a TV North and TV South situation. People normally don't want to travel too far to just have fun on a daily basis.

I believe, that 'Da Family' believes, that the participation rate for golf will continue to decline and they are therefore going to concentrate on providing those things...they think future retirees are going to want.

Whatever that turns out to be.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I believe, that 'Da Family' believes, that the participation rate for golf will continue to decline and they are therefore going to concentrate on providing those things...they think future retirees are going to want.

Interesting point. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I think you may well be right on this.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

In the two years that they have been working down here, 36 holes of Executive golf are open, Pitch and Put opens in a few days, another executive 18 holes as well as a Championship course are now in the works, that's not bad for 24 months.

Tags
sold, south, cdd, audits, residential