An Honest Used Car Dealer

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Default An Honest Used Car Dealer

Crystal Johnson, Owner of Ocala Auto Depot, has restored my faith in used car dealers (hers at least). Ocala Auto Depot is located between Belleview and Ocala at 5901 S. Pine Avenue (27/441) Ocala, Florida 34480. (352) 629-1890.

My wife and I recently stopped in to find out the cost to trade up from our 2004 to a newer used car. Crystal was very honest and, since our car is clean and looks good, she suggested that we consider keeping it and making the (relatively minor) repairs. The dealer quoted nearly $1,000 for the repairs. Crystal went to work right away to find a lower cost (but still quality) solution. There was no pressure at all to buy a car or have the repairs made at her location.

Just a couple of additional points: If you need to sell a car, she will accept it on consignment. Also, I saw several nice looking used cars on her lot. She mentioned that her mechanic has been in the business for 30 years, and their hourly repair rate is considerably lower than dealer rates.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Nice post. I thought an honest car dealer was an oxymoron.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
Nice post. I thought an honest car dealer was an oxymoron.
Amen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.