Info needed on Storage Units for Move

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Default Info needed on Storage Units for Move

My husband and I are going to have a house built in Villages, so we'll be moving from one designer home to the other when it's finished. Except chances are the home we have now will be sold before new house is built. What have people done who have gone through this experience with their furniture and belongings?

Recommendations on storage units, and ball park figures on costs?

How about recommendations on movers and their costs?

Sigh, i' m looking forward to this like I'm going to a dentist for a root canal! Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

We used Fruitland Park mini storage, 2394 US-27, Fruitland Park, FL 34731, fpmini.com – Mini Storage, Storage Units | Fruitland Park, FL, (352) 787-9777, as I recall the 10 by 20 ft non air conditioned space was $110/month, we had 2 of them for several months, one for furniture and one for a car. They are on 441, just North of 466a.

I will let others comment on local movers, as we did not use any as I had access to a pickup truck.

There are several never facilities that have opened recently, so you may need to make some calls to see what is available.
Good luck with your move, sorry for all the inconvenience you are going to have, but it will be worth it.
Welcome to The Villages.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:50 PM

We used the Village Movers in March...they were excellent...very professional....very helpful...they placed everything right where we wanted.....they brought our belongings to the storage facility and loaded it up and then when we were ready, they went back and brought our belongings to the new house. I highly recommend them. For storage, we used Compass Self Storage on CR466 across from Walmarts.....the owners are super nice and helpful...the facility is very clean.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Just used Village Mover (the one with the black trailer, not the other ones) for a move from TV's to Bradenton, FL. They did a fantastic job. Used them 5 years ago when we moved into TV's also and also did a great job then. Call Mike or Jason at (352) 751-2750.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Another vote for Village Mover(s), the one with the big black trailer. Those guys moved us from one village house to another in 4 hours. In the new house, we decided that we needed to flip the furniture between two rooms and they did it in about 5 minutes. Great work.

Frankly, I would call them to ask where they suggest that you store your stuff. Indeed, they might have storage facilities, or, at least, know the best place around.
Closed Thread

Tags
built, house, recommendations, costs, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.