Honesty at TV Golf Courses

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Default Honesty at TV Golf Courses

My faith in TV golfers has been totally restored. This afternoon I was contacted by one of the folks in Havana Golf Club and advised that the golf club that was misplaced by myself yesterday had been returned. Thank you for all that were encouraging during this ordeal and to anyone who questioned whether they would know the outcome here it is. The PW is safe and sound beside its brother the nine iron and his sister the Sand Wedge. Happy Easter
Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage

Thanks for reporting your favorable outcome.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Great to hear that there are good people in TV and you got the PW back. I was beginning to question our decision to move there with sex on the square, people that don't pick up dog poop, roundabout scofflaws, seat savers and golf club thieves. My faith is restored.

The previous post on this missing club did make me order shaft labels for my wife's clubs. Knock on wood, but in 45 yrs. of playing, I've never left a club behind.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:58 PM

That's so wonderful! You know, I actually expect Villagers to return lost items. I tracked down the owner of a cell phone I found and she wanted to give me a reward. I gave her a hug and told her I was so happy to reunite her with her phone!

Old 04-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Thank you for following up.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Sage

Glad your trust in Villagers was restored almost as quickly as it was lost.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And a Hoppy Easter to you, too.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I cannot tell you how happy I am. May you live with us here in lower paradise for a thousand years and be happy every day.

Happy Easter.

Kind regards,

Gracie.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
My faith in TV golfers has been totally restored. This afternoon I was contacted by one of the folks in Havana Golf Club and advised that the golf club that was misplaced by myself yesterday had been returned. Thank you for all that were encouraging during this ordeal and to anyone who questioned whether they would know the outcome here it is. The PW is safe and sound beside its brother the nine iron and his sister the Sand Wedge. Happy Easter
Good to hear. This is what I thought would happen.

All TV golfers should not be typified by the accused misdeeds of one.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

glad to here you got your weed chopper back! Now if you could just get them to count every stroke
Old 04-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Sage

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but my husband and I witnessed something very disappointing this morning. We usually walk down by Volusia golf course for our morning walk. We sit on a bench located across the street from #9 on the course. As we sat there, I noticed a golf club laying on the edge of the green. The foursome was teeing off on that hole. When they got to the green to putt, someone in the group had to notice the club. Someone did....it was a male wearing an orange shirt. We watched him walk over and pick the club up and give it a good look over. After that he put it in his bag, presumably to turn into the starter shack. We watched as they played out the last hole. This guy was a walker along with another walker and a twosome on a cart. I told my husband that we should move so that we could watch and see if this guy, who put the club in his bag, turned it in. The starter shack was not visible from the bench. After what appeared to be cleaning the garbage out of his bag, we watched him not even take the found club out of his bag. Yup, he stole the club. He walked away with it. It seriously crossed our minds to go over to the starter shack and call him out on it but we figured it would be his word against ours. My husband and I were greatly saddened but this criminal act. If I were the others golfing with him, I would have made sure he turned it in and not stole it. So much for people being honest. In my opinion, all four golfers were dishonest.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but my husband and I witnessed something very disappointing this morning. We usually walk down by Volusia golf course for our morning walk. We sit on a bench located across the street from #9 on the course. As we sat there, I noticed a golf club laying on the edge of the green. The foursome was teeing off on that hole. When they got to the green to putt, someone in the group had to notice the club. Someone did....it was a male wearing an orange shirt. We watched him walk over and pick the club up and give it a good look over. After that he put it in his bag, presumably to turn into the starter shack. We watched as they played out the last hole. This guy was a walker along with another walker and a twosome on a cart. I told my husband that we should move so that we could watch and see if this guy, who put the club in his bag, turned it in. The starter shack was not visible from the bench. After what appeared to be cleaning the garbage out of his bag, we watched him not even take the found club out of his bag. Yup, he stole the club. He walked away with it. It seriously crossed our minds to go over to the starter shack and call him out on it but we figured it would be his word against ours. My husband and I were greatly saddened but this criminal act. If I were the others golfing with him, I would have made sure he turned it in and not stole it. So much for people being honest. In my opinion, all four golfers were dishonest.
Again, I think it's too soon to know if the golfer "stole" the club he found.

It was left there by the a foursome playing ahead of him and maybe they were part of the same larger group that would be seeing each other afterward. Or.....

Maybe the club had a name and phone number on it, and the owner was a buddy of his or a neighbor he knew. And maybe he planned to give it to that buddy or neighbor or relative when they met up afterward for breakfast/lunch, or at the neighbor-owner's home, or maybe he was going to call the owner himself and let him know he found it and where he could pick it up.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I found a putter this evening on El Diablo and the owner showed up retracing his steps and was relieved it was found.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Again, I think it's too soon to know if the golfer "stole" the club he found. It was left there by the a foursome playing ahead of him and maybe they were part of the same larger group that would be seeing each other afterward. Or.....

Maybe the club had a name and phone number on it, and the owner was a buddy of his or a neighbor he knew. And maybe he planned to give it to that buddy or neighbor or relative when they met up afterward for breakfast/lunch, or at the neighbor-owner's home, or maybe he was going to call the owner himself and let him know he found it and where he could pick it up.
I like the fact that you're expecting honesty.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Eternal Member

Honesty just depends on the individual. No better nor worse here than on most other courses.

I have left a club accidentally by a green, went to the starter a couple days later and it had been turned in. I was happy.

However, I would expect golfers to do that anywhere but you never know.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.