Hope I made good decision...

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Hope I made good decision...

I've been interested in TV for years mostly via internet & thought it would be the place for me. I don't know a person there...and before last month, had never visited. I'm an active person...swim 1/2 mile every morning, love walking the dog, line dancing, etc. On Dec 1, I went swimming and it was raining. When I left the Aquatic Center, it was snowing. I came home....called my Financial Advisor.....and told him I've had it with the snow.....I'm ready to look at TV. Bottom line...on 1/23 I arrived at TV and put a down payment on a lot on 1/24!!! It makes me nervous writing that! However, it was a lot on a lake and I knew it would be scarfed up before a day went by....& sure enough, the lots were all sold in no time. My BIGGEST disappointment is that there is no inside pool in TV. It was almost enough to make me think a Del Webb Community might be better for me. Are there any plans to build an inside pool? What do swimmers do when the weather is not good?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Maybe that's why all the outside pools are heated to 82 degrees year around. And I do believe there is one indoor lap pool at one of the rec centers. Never used it, so don't know where. I am sure someone on here knows.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Sage

A neighbor of mine swims daily with his buddy and they both wear a wet suit when it is really cold. It may be a "dry" suit, I know nothing of such technology but know they periodically wear something to stay warmer.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Gold member
Default gonna be a Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I've been interested in TV for years mostly via internet & thought it would be the place for me. I don't know a person there...and before last month, had never visited. I'm an active person...swim 1/2 mile every morning, love walking the dog, line dancing, etc. On Dec 1, I went swimming and it was raining. When I left the Aquatic Center, it was snowing. I came home....called my Financial Advisor.....and told him I've had it with the snow.....I'm ready to look at TV. Bottom line...on 1/23 I arrived at TV and put a down payment on a lot on 1/24!!! It makes me nervous writing that! However, it was a lot on a lake and I knew it would be scarfed up before a day went by....& sure enough, the lots were all sold in no time. My BIGGEST disappointment is that there is no inside pool in TV. It was almost enough to make me think a Del Webb Community might be better for me. Are there any plans to build an inside pool? What do swimmers do when the weather is not good?
I'm so happy for you making a down payment for your slice of paradise. Please keep us informed about the progress and with any questions.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Sage

We'd have to have many, many indoor pools to fill the demand. Everyone would go there when the weather was iffy. The only indoor pool is at some physical rehab location. I know it's been mentioned before.

If that is your MAIN concern then perhaps a community that provided that would be best for you. You'd hate to bemoan the decision every time the outdoor pool was not good enough.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I don't know if you made a good decision, time will tell on that one, but you most definitely made a decision that can't go wrong. If you discover that an indoor pool is truly important to you, it won't be that hard to sell your home in TV. So, regardless of the ultimate outcome, you can't go wrong.

In the meantime, welcome to TV and TOTV. Hope you learn to love it here as much as most of us do.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Gold member

There is a community a short drive from TV called Terra Vista at Citrus Hills that has a very large indoor poor in their outstanding recreation center. It is Olympic size. They have a website:

http://www.citrushills.com/bellavita.asp

It's not TV but they have great recreation facilities.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Veteran member
Default No indoor pool in TV

Thanks. I think there's plenty in TV to keep me active and skip a swim now and then.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
Thanks. I think there's plenty in TV to keep me active and skip a swim now and then.
Welcome. I certainly don't want you to be disappointed. I hope you love this place like we do.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Gold member

There are very few days here when one can't swim. All the lap pools have showers where you can get warmed up. Pools are very comfortable for lap swimming at all times, yes, sometimes the air is a bit cold when you get out. The Villages has a wonderful swim team that trains all the time. I feel this is a swimmers paradise......a golf paradise.....a pickleball paradise.....a tennis paradise......an everything paradise ! Hurry on down !
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Veteran member
Smile Moving to TV

Bring it on! Thank you for your support.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.