Horrible drivers

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 08:00 AM

Golf carts are supposed to yield to cars when their lane ends , yet they will pull right out in front of a 3000 lb car. Bikers will hold up traffic because they have to ride in the middle of the lane rather than staying close to the curb. But the best one is , golf cart drivers park as close as the can to the drivers side of the car next to them , blocking the car driver to even get into their car. It’s happened to me twice. Unbelievable.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Default Bad Drivers

I have been in insurance claims a long time. I am often amazed when the person making the accusations is really the person who is at fault. When people point a finger at others, they usually have 3 pointing back at themselves...
Old 02-08-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfortin View Post
OK, been here a little over 2.5 years and what we notice the most is the horrible drivers that LIVE IN THE VILLAGES !!! <Look>, it is very simple, you must look behind you, to the left, to the right , and yet again when driving your car OR golf cart. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY just because you are backing up from the mail box or anywhere else. If you are entering traffic oncoming, YOU need to stop. One of these days I will keep going and let you poor drivers hit me. It will not end well for you. This is from the Calumet area. For sure it is everywhere. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE ON THE ROAD!! Anyone else tired of these poor drivers thinking they own the street?
One thing I have noticed over the years is if one is a huge complainer of "Other" drivers , just follow them a few miles and one may find they were not so GOOD either. Age old meme: "It is always the other guy"
Old 02-08-2020, 08:21 AM

Or not!
Old 02-08-2020, 08:33 AM

Also from up North and disagree with you. Never seen so many people disregard stop signs like I do here, especially on Wedgewood. I was almost broadsided a couple of weeks ago coming out of my subdivision, she acted like it was my fault. She had that big red sign I didn’t. Also witnessed a lot of driving the wrong way. So I disagree, worse here.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

All these problems are because the USA drives on the wrong side of the road!

Last edited by Two Bills; 02-08-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Two big issues come to mind

1) 75+% of the drivers here apparently have no clue what that thing sticking out the left side of their steering column is. It's a turn signal. Using it is a major courtesy to other drivers, pedestrians, etc. Please be more thoughtful in your driving.

2) I go for walks and bike rides virtually every day. 90% of the golf cart drivers are great, some could use some improvement, and 2% are horribly rude, incompetent, and dangerous. The two biggest problems I see are:

a) Not staying on their side of the trail. Nothing is worse than being on a bicycle going around a blind corner and coming head-to-head with a golf cart on the wrong side of the trail.

b) Passing on blind corners or curves, and passing waaaaaay too close. I have had carts pass me so close I could reach in and shake hands with the passenger. That is ridiculously dangerous and totally unnecessary.

You are retired. There is no place you have to be 10 seconds faster. Take the time to be safe.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:42 AM

it's not only the villages. it is everywhere. just be alert. expect them to be in the wrong and act accordingly
Old 02-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Veteran member
Default An explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrewer70 View Post
Golf carts are supposed to yield to cars when their lane ends , yet they will pull right out in front of a 3000 lb car. Bikers will hold up traffic because they have to ride in the middle of the lane rather than staying close to the curb. But the best one is , golf cart drivers park as close as the can to the drivers side of the car next to them , blocking the car driver to even get into their car. It’s happened to me twice. Unbelievable.
Do you know why bikers stay in the middle of the lane? Because if we ride on the edge, some of the reckless and uncaring golf cart drivers pass so close as to endanger our lives. If any carts get stuck behind me more than 10-15 seconds, I will find a place to pull off the trail if I can to let them pass. I used to ride on the edge of the trail until a few carts drivers almost got me killed. No more. We pay the same Association fees as you.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:49 AM

There were instructions on how to drive the roundabouts in the package you received when you came here. Read them. Not msny people have. There should be a requirement to attend a roundabout class before you settle on your house when moving here. No right turns. From the left lane, unless you are continuing on the main road, Morse or Buena Vista. Get it?
Old 02-08-2020, 08:56 AM

Drive defensively at all times in your car and golf cart. Prepare for the worse and trust no drivers. Unfortunate stance but safer.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Instead, always yield the right of way.
I’m OK with not being in a hurry, but yielding YOUR right of way is dangerous. A lot of people do it because they are trying to be nice, but it slows down traffic and can cause an accident.

When you try to yield your right of way, you are giving it to someone who doesn’t legally have it. If they wait for you to go when you should, now no one is going and everyone around gets frustrated with the delay. If both of you give up waiting for the other and go at the same time, an accident happens. And guess who gets the ticket. Not you. The other poor schmuck gets ticketed for not yielding the right of way.

A basic rule of life is “If you have the right of way, take it.”
Old 02-08-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrudd View Post
Treat roundabouts like a red light. Yo cannot go left from the outside lane. You may go right or straight.
This may be the best, shortest, most concise explanation on how to “dance” in the roundabouts!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:18 AM

Why do the worst drivers believe they are the best drivers!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
This may be the best, shortest, most concise explanation on how to “dance” in the roundabouts!
Actually they are just a junction. T or crossroad, and with same lane discipline.
Closed Thread

Tags
drivers, horrible, poor, stop, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.