Horrible drivers

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
No you don't.

I do that all the time and I plan to keep doing it.
There you go......do what you want to do, not what your should do....The Villages Way

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Can’t see the signal because the car is turning. I look for it all the time and because of the angle of the car I can’t tell whether their signal is on or not. The radius is much too small for these roundabouts.

It’s not just bad drivers, it’s bad design. No one who has driven all their lives should be asked to get used to special driving skills.
Especially when there are no alternatives. No public transportation, no sidewalks to cross at. Very unsafe!

You can blame the drivers till the cows come home, but you are not going to get away from the unsafe traffic flow design.
Unsafe flow design is an opinion. If you follow the rules they aren't unsafe. If you can't keep up with the skills necessary to drive here may be time to stop driving.....history doesn't give rights for the future. Roundabouts are all over this country and more are going in all the time.....I still make major trips on the roads around this country and I love where the put roundabouts......keeps traffic moving and if there is an accident it is usually non life threatening. Having said that, it will get worse here and more younger impatient drivers arrive.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-08-2020, 06:53 PM

What do you expect when HaPpY hOuR starts at 11AM! By 6 or 7 o’clock I’m surprised they can even walk! I saw a car take a left turn out of Evans Prairie at 5 PM and end up on the golf cart path. He gave me a dirty 👀🤦🏼*♀️
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
There you go......do what you want to do, not what your should do....The Villages Way
I follow the traffic rules.

If I need to go 3/4 of the way around a roundabout, I get in the left lane, go 3/4 of the way around, and then cut across the outside lane to exit.

According to the sign as I enter the roundabout, that is exactly how I am supposed to do it.

Last edited by VApeople; 02-08-2020 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
About the worse design for turning I have seen. I know people will try to defend the traffic flow from all kinds of view points, but my husband who is a professional driver and drove all over (and was a driver trainer) yet had trouble on both the 441 and roundabouts. If he has trouble when he used to drive 16 hours a day, why wouldn’t other people?

Then you have new people who don’t know where they are going and older people who may have physical problems and you have a toxic driving situation!
Sounds to me he was exhausted, and probably unfit to drive.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Two simple rules for surviving roundabouts
1. Know and obey the protocols
2. Assume all others do not know and will not obey the protocols
You are exactly right!
Old 02-08-2020, 08:16 PM

"LIVE IN THE VILLAGES" - how do you know they all "live" here? Could be from anywhere, passing through? Anycase, breathe, it doesn't get better, so take the advice above pay attention and be careful.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,009 Times in 1,737 Posts

Or we could have lights put in instead of roundabouts. And even pedestrians could cross. Please tell me where in the world do you find roundabouts that are so tight?
Old 02-09-2020, 12:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfortin View Post
OK, been here a little over 2.5 years and what we notice the most is the horrible drivers that LIVE IN THE VILLAGES !!! <Look>, it is very simple, you must look behind you, to the left, to the right , and yet again when driving your car OR golf cart. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY just because you are backing up from the mail box or anywhere else. If you are entering traffic oncoming, YOU need to stop. One of these days I will keep going and let you poor drivers hit me. It will not end well for you. This is from the Calumet area. For sure it is everywhere. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE ON THE ROAD!! Anyone else tired of these poor drivers thinking they own the street?
Might as well get use to it (or get gone as someone says) it’s not going to get any better.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Or we could have lights put in instead of roundabouts. And even pedestrians could cross. Please tell me where in the world do you find roundabouts that are so tight?
Why do you think they put in roundabout?? So there wouldn’t be traffic light to back up traffic. Speed limit 35 MPH up to roundabout about and 20 MPH in the roundabout. IMO inexperience drivers makes the roundabout dangerous, especially the ones that stop when nothing coming and stop when their in the roundabout and bout 50 more dangerous maneuver’s.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopiwaters View Post
An important roundabout rule: SIGNAL
If you are on the inside lane, you have to SIGNAL first, get into outside lane, then exit safely.**
PLEASE DON'T suddenly cut across the outside lane, and scare the h--- out of me !
**even if it means going around again...you're allowed to do that☺
You shouldn’t be beside him or on his bumper, you should of turned at the Right at the first or second exit or not enter the roundabout when traffic IN the roundabout.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Changing lanes in a roundabout is asking for trouble...……………..
Unless there broken white lines. If the entered roundabout correctly nobody should be beside you or on you’re bumper.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,682 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
What do you expect when HaPpY hOuR starts at 11AM! By 6 or 7 o’clock I’m surprised they can even walk! I saw a car take a left turn out of Evans Prairie at 5 PM and end up on the golf cart path. He gave me a dirty *♀️
I have to admit, after driving nothing but the cart for a couple of weeks, I was driving my car out of the Burnsed Rec Center lot, following a cart. The cart turned onto the cart path, and for a moment, I thought of following it.

Also, after driving my car for a couple of days, I got into the cart, turned out of my neighborhood onto Odell, and for a few hundred feet drove my cart right down the middle of the car lane. Fortunately nobody was around to witness this.

My happy hour hadn't started yet, BTW. I've mentioned this to other people and they have confirmed that I'm not the only one who has had a moment of confusion. At least I haven't tried to take my car through the Colony tunnel. Yet.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Unless there broken white lines. If the entered roundabout correctly nobody should be beside you or on you’re bumper.
That is correct. Nobody should enter a RB if there is a car coming in EITHER lane. But when you're on the inside lane, cars enter the outside lane right through the yield sign all the time. This is what sets up a problem, it's just another example of "me first" driving, like pulling out of a side street in front of you or racing a cart to the merge point.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:59 AM

Well you can complain onTOTV and be a grumpy old person or you might consider taking a defensive driving course. You will get a discount on your insurance and learn to deal with your problem. YOU WILL NOT CHANGE OTHER PEOPLE'S BAD DRIVING HABITS.
Closed Thread

Tags
drivers, horrible, poor, stop, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.