hot tub/spa

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Veteran member
Default hot tub/spa

Still on my hot tub/spa research and my husband came up with a new question. We have extended our slab considerably and have added a railing. In fact, if we enjoy the tub and decide to keep it, we are planning to bring it out even further, so we can still have a full patio set out there. It is not on ground level but 2 steps up. This is where I intended to put the hot tub. My husband is concerned that we will now be required to enclose that area with a screen cage. Anybody know anything about that? The hot tub will be covered when not in use. (We back to a cul-de-sac, so have plenty of area behind us...no kissing lanai's. I know our neighbors out there won't mind, we've mentioned it.)

Last edited by Lovey2; 07-12-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: amend
Old 07-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

oh...maybe we can just put a gate on the railing at the step???
Old 07-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

I think that I would ask your insurance agent and/or attorney. I suspect (but since I'm neither of those folks cannot say for sure) that a hot tub sitting out on on a patio might be considered an "attractive nuisance" if anyone ever used it without your permission and got hurt. Having it in an enclosed space with a lockable door would probably considered sufficient to show you tried to restrict access.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

That's exactly what my hubs was thinking. I just thought of the gate this morning. I was wondering, actually, about the "restrictions" here aside from the legality of it. Good insight, tho...Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.