House cleaning questions?

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2021, 09:24 AM

If you want them once a month, it's $200 for the initial deep clean, then $140 monthly after that. The initial deep clean is required. We have an Iris, 1900 sf but not sure if that makes a difference to them.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:53 AM

Hide your jewelry, silver, loose change , use a safe at home before a cleaning crew comes or put it in the trunk of your car.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we've been disappointed numerous times with things damaged when there was more than one cleaner...the hired
help isn't as careful as the owner

we prefer the single cleaner/owner....much more accountability and desire to satisfy the client when you're dealing with the owner
Old 02-14-2021, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

I have hired 4 for a deep cleaning and it was a joke. I now have one person and the cleaning is much better.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:47 AM
Default Great Advice!

Oh I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
When the first lockdown was in force in UK. the wife and I did serious house work to pass the time, and our house was pristine.
Several lockdowns since, and after much practice, we have learnt to live in total squalor, in fact we have become very good at it.
We are now working on our personal appearance, and have given up washing ourselves and our clothes.
We now live in our pyjamas full time, have all our food delivered from a local takeaway, and to be honest, we have never been happier.
I thoroughly recommend the lifestyle, and the financial savings on cleaning materials etc. is a nice bonus.
Squalor is Good for you, and your bank account!!
Old 02-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Default Cleaning supplies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
To answer the part of your question about cleaning supplies: I would have them use my own. I think it is wise not to have mops, sweepers, buckets, and other supplies that have been going from house to house. (I would want any pet hair, germs, whatever, to be ours only.)

I would ask the person what brands they like to use for things that are used up — Mr. Clean? Swiffer? Dawn? — and then I would buy them and have them ready. If they have no preference, supply what you like to use. (Some cleaning products work better than others and might seem a little more expensive — but less is more when it comes to using them.)

Also, check your sweeper bags once in a while and have new ones ready.
I was told by a cleaning company that if I supplied products I had to provide hazardous material sheets for compliance reasons.
Old 02-14-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peazoup View Post
Would you mind sharing their cost? I am looking for a once a month service. Thanks
Thanks. Also, I was wondering how long the deep cleaning took? We have been doing our own cleaning and doing a fine job of it! There may easily come a time when I'm in need of professionals.
Old 02-14-2021, 11:56 AM

I realize I'm not answering the question but not sure why we'd need someone to clean our house a 2 bed/2 bath 1400 square foot home. We could afford it but I don't have any skills in carpentry or electrical work so I leave that to those better qualified. However my wife and I are very capable of cleaning a house and we do it as a team and share certain tasks. I cannot see paying any outsider to come clean our home. Same goes for painting, I'm very capable of painting and thru the years have painted many rooms and exterior of our homes. Maybe some day when we are older and cannot handle the cleaning we'll delegate it to an outsider. My late mom was in her 90s before she passed away and did her own cleaning. $140 to $200 per month savings gets a couple of good dinners in a restaurant each month.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
When hiring a house cleaner here, which is better one person or 3 to 4? When they do a deep clean what can u expect? Should top of refrigerator be cleaned? During regular cleans should area rugs be taken up AND put back after floors are cleaned? Will knick nacks be removed , dusted under and replaced? Will they expect to use YOUR cleaning supplies or theirs? Any tips or suggestions of good cleaning person I would appreciate? Tk u
Unless you are physically handicapped, do it yourself. Because that is the only way you can be fully satisfied. If you do get someone, make sure that they are a US citizen!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:32 PM

I don't understand this deep clean stuff. If you have house cleaners clean each week, why do you need a so called deep clean. It seems to me if you need a deep clean every so often, the cleaners are not doing their job in the first place. I had a rental place in Hot Springs Village Arkansas, and hired a cleaning company. After a few months I received a call, and asked if I wanted a deep cleaning. I said, what is a deep cleaning. She told me it is a cleaning in places they don't normally do. I said, so you say you clean my rental, but you really don't clean my rental. I told her I come to my rental twice a year, and I would inspect her cleaning job, and if it was not clean, I would get someone else who would clean it, and not have a need for a so called deep cleaning. I had the same people for four years, and then sold the property. I never again heard about this so called deep cleaning again. If cleaners are doing their job, there should be no call for any deep cleaning. Just another way for people to get money out of you. You know like 3,000 mile oil changes, and change you mattress every eight years. Give me a break.
Closed Thread

Tags
cleaning, person, house, cleaned, expect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.