House Painting

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2022, 07:49 AM
Default House Painting

Jim Rockholt (Rocky) is outstanding, and he lives in The Villages. Great price, great crew, great work. Power washes house the day before and exceptional cleanup. Just painted the outside of our house and is painting a next-door neighbor's house next week. Also does interior painting. Highly recommend
603-391-6658.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
As a follow-up to my original post, I had Steve Kling paint the exterior of my house here in the Villages and want to report back on my experience. After meeting with Steve and agreeing to do the job I spoke to Michelle to review the job and the contract and she was very polite and knowledgeable. A couple days before the painting was to be done the powerwash guy did his work and it was fine. He did a nice job and also pulled the rocks away from the fountation. Yesterday, on-time, a crew of 3 painters came. I'm very fussy so it's not easy to please me but they were very efficient and did an excellet job. No mess, no paint drops anywhere and they cleaned up perfectly. The painting crew explained the process before doing any work and answered all my questions. They even spray painted my front door. During the day Michelle called me to make sure everything was going well. After about 12 hours the painting was complete. They used all Sherwin Williams products, Lexon primer and Duration top coat. When they finished painting, even though it was very late inthe day they did a walk around the house to make sure i was satisified.
They did one coat of primer, one coat of body color and two coats of trim color. We stayed with the same colors. The paint really does go on thick so one coat seemed sufficient. Today the Sherwin Williams inspector came to check the work. He looked everywhere they painted to make sure no spots were missed and it was done correctly. He then reviewed the warrenty and paint care and sent me a copy of everything via e-mail. After that, Sean from Steve Kling painting came with my re-painted front garage and doorway lights and installed them. He also sprayed the light pole in front of my house and put new front door weather striping and door sweep on. Then he went around the house to double check that no spots were missed and that everything was done correctly. At the end of the day i couldn't be more satisified and i couldn't believe how easy this was to get done. The follow-up in my opinion was above and beyond what i expected. For the amount of work and the quality of the work i feel the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend Steve Kling painting.
Exactly our experience. What I appreciated was the ability to have a color selection meeting with Steve. He has an eye for color. There was no way I wanted the color The Villages originally painted my house. I knew where I wanted to go regarding color, but did not know how to achieve it. But he did. My garage doors are one shade darker than my house, and the front door color is an accent color to them both. Its a wow! All banding on house neutral. We are thrilled with the color! Btw Steve King painting was less than a reputable competitor.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
debatable. Does nice job, but read warranty. Not really much.
You can get some one else to paint with same paint he uses for half the price. Kinda hard to work with him. Told us Villiages own 1/2 the business then they didn’t, not sure what to believe, good luck!
Old 05-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Exactly our experience. What I appreciated was the ability to have a color selection meeting with Steve. He has an eye for color. There was no way I wanted the color The Villages originally painted my house. I knew where I wanted to go regarding color, but did not know how to achieve it. But he did. My garage doors are one shade darker than my house, and the front door color is an accent color to them both. Its a wow! All banding on house neutral. We are thrilled with the color! Btw Steve King painting was less than a reputable competitor.
Does he get approval for changing color? I really want to change the color of my home.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Does he get approval for changing color? I really want to change the color of my home.
He selects from the approved color charts per Michelle at the office. She manages everything. 50 shades of beige/greyge that is used by TV was not for me. My colors are soft pastel blue greens.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:13 PM

I love this company, have used them for years. Perkins painting 352-504-1058
Old 05-22-2022, 07:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
As a follow-up to my original post, I had Steve Kling paint the exterior of my house here in the Villages and want to report back on my experience. After meeting with Steve and agreeing to do the job I spoke to Michelle to review the job and the contract and she was very polite and knowledgeable. A couple days before the painting was to be done the powerwash guy did his work and it was fine. He did a nice job and also pulled the rocks away from the fountation. Yesterday, on-time, a crew of 3 painters came. I'm very fussy so it's not easy to please me but they were very efficient and did an excellet job. No mess, no paint drops anywhere and they cleaned up perfectly. The painting crew explained the process before doing any work and answered all my questions. They even spray painted my front door. During the day Michelle called me to make sure everything was going well. After about 12 hours the painting was complete. They used all Sherwin Williams products, Lexon primer and Duration top coat. When they finished painting, even though it was very late inthe day they did a walk around the house to make sure i was satisified.
They did one coat of primer, one coat of body color and two coats of trim color. We stayed with the same colors. The paint really does go on thick so one coat seemed sufficient. Today the Sherwin Williams inspector came to check the work. He looked everywhere they painted to make sure no spots were missed and it was done correctly. He then reviewed the warrenty and paint care and sent me a copy of everything via e-mail. After that, Sean from Steve Kling painting came with my re-painted front garage and doorway lights and installed them. He also sprayed the light pole in front of my house and put new front door weather striping and door sweep on. Then he went around the house to double check that no spots were missed and that everything was done correctly. At the end of the day i couldn't be more satisified and i couldn't believe how easy this was to get done. The follow-up in my opinion was above and beyond what i expected. For the amount of work and the quality of the work i feel the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend Steve Kling painting.
Good review.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:22 PM

Does anyone have house addresses of the ones painted? Thank You.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:30 AM
Default Kling addresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmb120 View Post
Mr. Kling painted three of the six houses on Viceroy Ct. in the Village of Collier. It's easy to see which three.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
You can get some one else to paint with same paint he uses for half the price. Kinda hard to work with him. Told us Villiages own 1/2 the business then they didn’t, not sure what to believe, good luck!
I really doubt this. Steve's people have a process and it's a lot of work and again i thought the price was very reasonable for the amount of work they did. I'm very fussy and ask a lot of questions and i had no problem working with his team.

You need to be careful because cheaper painters may not use the Loxon primer which is very necessary.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmb120 View Post
I sent you a PM with my address.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, kling, paint, steve, painting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.