House on a retention pond

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
This may "creep you out" but here are 10 examples I found online:

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Alligat...nds_audio.aspx

Click on the sounds on the right hand side, but be careful not to run your mouse over the ads (on the left). Some of them start to play if you do, and it can be very distracting.
Wow, Allen, you're right - it did creep me out! I love sleeping with the window open, but now I'll be listening very carefully to all those noises out there!

Now I think I'll look around to see if I can find out what an armadillo sounds like. I think we have one and he's really made some very deep holes by burrowing. I'll be listening for him, too, tonight. So much for a good night's sleep!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage

The gator noises sure are creepy, especially the "hungry gator" bellow. But I'm glad to know what they sound like. Like Nonie, I'm not worried about myself, just my dogs. The ponds behind our house are very small. I'm told gators like the larger ponds. I sure hope that is true.

Fireboy loves our new house and the larger garage. I miss our Courtyard Villa. Enough said.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage

Thanks so much Allen,

one of those sounds was too familiar to me when I let the dogs out in the middle of the night!!! Mabe Im overreacting, but Im going to listen very carefully tonite!!! Im hoping its just my vivid imagination and that its only frogs mating !!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM

We have lived on a retention pond here for 4 yrs now. We love looking at the rippling water as the wind hits it and watching all the ducks and water fowl. We love it so much that we have now extended the back of our house so now our family room has a great view all the way down the pond. We also love the privacy that it gives us. It was the best value lot premium in TV. You would not be sorry.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamike View Post
We have lived on a retention pond here for 4 yrs now. We love looking at the rippling water as the wind hits it and watching all the ducks and water fowl. We love it so much that we have now extended the back of our house so now our family room has a great view all the way down the pond. We also love the privacy that it gives us. It was the best value lot premium in TV. You would not be sorry.
I agree with Tamike. If you value privacy and serenity, a view lot is the way to go. And well worth the money.

Even though you think you'll never be home and busy all the time, there are lots of times you will be home relaxing or entertaining. Think of reading the morning paper on the lanai, in your pyjamas. Having lunch with your sweetheart, watching the golfers. Or entertaining friends in the evening in your candle-lit birdcage overlooking a water view.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage
Default Be afraid...

Quote:
This may "creep you out" but here are 10 examples I found online... .
I'm not referring to the gators, per se. I clicked the link to the site with the aligator sounds. However, I closed it right away without clicking on any of the sounds because my Norton 360 warned that this "site is unsafe". Thought y'all might want to know.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I'm not referring to the gators, per se. I clicked the link to the site with the aligator sounds. However, I closed it right away without clicking on any of the sounds because my Norton 360 warned that this "site is unsafe". Thought y'all might want to know.
Interesting... I have McAfee running all the time, and although it automatically updates, I just checked to make sure it is up to the minute and then went back to that site. I did not get any warning message... but, if you feel uncomfortable going to that page, by all means avoid it.

My guess is that Norton does not like the fact that some of the ads run when you get there. It may be interpreting them as some sort of threat. Just to set your mind at ease, I have not experienced any repercussions since I originally found the site a few days ago.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
My guess is that Norton does not like the fact that some of the ads run when you get there. It may be interpreting them as some sort of threat. Just to set your mind at ease, I have not experienced any repercussions since I originally found the site a few days ago.
That could be it, Allen. Sometimes Norton can be a bit overprotective.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.