House Sitting Creep Show

House Sitting Creep Show

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Again, home automation is the answer
Old 03-04-2019, 09:21 AM

Default Again, home automation is the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Proving that the neighbor was even in the house is nigh impossible, so home watch blamed and home watch insurance covers damage, less deductible. Ergo, insurance companies that insure for this type of service refuse to cover homes where it is known others have key.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
Electronic lock! Home watch gets one code, neighbor get another and so on. I can see exactly who was in the house by the code.

Let me directly address the non-belivers:

But what if the lock batteries went dead! Well first i would have ignored the text telling me the batteries are low, but if I had, I would just open the garage door remotely for them.

But what if the internet went down? Well I would give them the code for garage door key pad remote (non smart home product)

But what if the power is out, then you would have no way to let someone in! I would just give them the code for the key safe. Realtors use something like this.

Last edited by Toymeister; 03-04-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Clarify

Old 03-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Electronic lock! Home watch gets one code, neighbor get another and so on. I can see exactly who was in the house by the code.

Let me directly address the non-belivers:

But what if the lock batteries went dead! Well first i would have ignored the text telling me the batteries are low, but it I had, I would just open the garage door remotely for them.

But what if the internet went down? Well I would give them the code for garage door key pad remote (non smart home product)

But what if the power is out, then you would have no way to let some in! I would just give them the code for the key safe.
My hat is off to anyone that TECH SAVVY.

I'm still trying to figure out the clock on the microwave.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Platinum member

I love my push button lock, should have done it long ago.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage

It is my understanding that a house sitter is someone who lives in your house while you’re away in exchange for keeping watch, possibly caring for pets etc. A house watcher just drops by now and then and they are paid for their services. House sitters are often college students or a friends kid
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
My hat is off to anyone that TECH SAVVY. I'm still trying to figure out the clock on the microwave.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
My hat is off to anyone that TECH SAVVY.

I'm still trying to figure out the clock on the microwave.
Brother let me tell you if I don't live to see another day I never happier than today, when I received your complement. To be called tech savvy, I still can't figure out how to program my car to my to tastes. Yes, new cars are very smart.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:40 AM

We use a home watch service but have also just installed a Nest camera that sends us a message when there is movement in the home. We also use a Nest thermostat so that we can be sure AC is working. Furthermore it’s also insurance that the home watch service is checking weekly and not just forging the log book they leave in the home. I like the idea of the push button lock we may have to install one.

BobNBev what brand are you using, any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
We use a home watch service but have also just installed a Nest camera that sends us a message when there is movement in the home. We also use a Nest thermostat so that we can be sure AC is working. Furthermore it’s also insurance that the home watch service is checking weekly and not just forging the log book they leave in the home. I like the idea of the push button lock we may have to install one.

BobNBev what brand are you using, any suggestions?
There is a lock company in the area, I think it's called the Castle or something like that. Offhand, I don't know the make of ours, but you can set 22 different combo's of numbers, add and delete as needed. Talk to them and let them guide you. Lowes and H.D. have several different brands, but this is not really a DIY project. They also have a long kickplate for where the dead bolt goes. Anyone trying to kick the door in will probably break an ankle or leg, it's that strong. Talk to them, you'll be glad you did.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-05-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
There is a lock company in the area, I think it's called the Castle or something like that. Offhand, I don't know the make of ours, but you can set 22 different combo's of numbers, add and delete as needed. Talk to them and let them guide you. Lowes and H.D. have several different brands, but this is not really a DIY project. They also have a long kickplate for where the dead bolt goes. Anyone trying to kick the door in will probably break an ankle or leg, it's that strong. Talk to them, you'll be glad you did.
Thank you much appreciated
Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Did Castle install your lock and how much did it cost?

Tags
housesitter, home, property, door, check