Household appliance insurance

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2022, 09:15 AM

If you get an appliance that goes out that fast. It’s a piece of junk. Bad luck.
Wasting money on appliance
insurance is just that a “waste”.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
We had our freezer checked out today and it was under warranty. The repair guy said his company, Assurian, has a plan where you pay a small monthly free, then they fix any appliance in the home for only the $99 service call.

Anyone have such a thing?. Is it with it?
Not worth it. Save the money that you would pay every month and use it to buy a new fridge when you need to.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:33 AM
Default Household Appliance Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
We had our freezer checked out today and it was under warranty. The repair guy said his company, Assurian, has a plan where you pay a small monthly free, then they fix any appliance in the home for only the $99 service call.

Anyone have such a thing?. Is it with it?
We had a water heater replaced for $100.00 and a heat pump for $100.00. Also had an air conditioning unit serviced and repaired for $100.00. It’s a good deal if you have any major appliances that are older!
Old 01-27-2022, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,016 Times in 5,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Not worth it, there is always a hidden catch.
Insure for catastrophes not for much smaller costs.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:47 AM
Default Mrs Snaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
We have American Home Shield (AHS). Have used it while living in 4 different states. It's covers a lot of things such as Fridge/freezer, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, hot water heater, washer/dryer, some plumbing etc. Our refrigerator was just 3 years old (came new with our home here in The Villages ), and the temp went up in both fridge/freezer. Luckily we had an old fridge/freezer in garage (that is at least 15 years old and never had to service it!). A few months prior, our dryer stopped working. And a few months prior to that, the dishwasher. AHS came out to fix all. We have a $100 co-pay. If they can't fix it, they give you a new appliance. In the past we have received a new microwave, hot water heater, garbage disposal, fixing of a major pipe leak coming through the ceiling and repairs . Have been very happy with them in all the states we lived in and have never had a problem. They are prompt and professional. We have always seemed to get our money back and more by using them. We pay a yearly fee of a few hundred dollars (not sure of amount as my husband pays it) and then a $100 co- pay if they come to the house. We have had older homes in the past with older appliances and I don't think it matters how old an appliance is. Well worth it to us. I have never heard of the company you are

referring to.
Last I heard Ahs was up to $499./year. Maybe more now. Great gift for realtors to give clients who purchase older houses. Just in case.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:48 AM

I was offered an Applicance warranty when I bought my house in TV in
October. It was $600.00 per year which I think is crazy. I had one back in Connecticut that was $28.00 per month. The downside was the service people they have an agreement with usually are horrible and there is no one else to choose from. You wait weeks for the initial appointment and then weeks for "the part to come in". I had to buy a college fridge while I waited 5 weeks to get my fridge repaired. On the upside, I had very high end, very old appliances and would get a major repair done on something once a year so I made my money back.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcarnicom View Post
Broward Factory Service is the best. For a small annual fee they cover your Fridge/Freezer, Stove, Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Furnace, Air Conditioner, Hot Water Heater, Washer & Dryer. Basically everything except your microwave. There is NO SERVICE FEE OR LABOR and most parts are covered too. I've had them for years and they've always treated me right and it seems like I always end up calling them once or twice a year and I've never paid a dime for any repair they've done for me so I figure I'm way ahead. Call them @ 352-307-5100. Tell them Tim Carnicom sent you.
I agree. BFS is great. In addition to what Tim said, all of the techs are employed by BFS. They do not use contractors. Oh and they do the microwave too. And there are no caps either.

They have lunch and learns every Tuesday and Thursday, 1pm at Panera in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:14 PM

Do not walk, but run away from this company!
Old 01-27-2022, 12:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Tried American shield. Not satisfied. Took forever to get a visit and repairman complained the whole time. Look at Broward service and get a free meal
Old 01-27-2022, 01:28 PM

I have used Broward Factory Service for years. Satisfactory service.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:08 PM
Default Ahs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
We have American Home Shield (AHS). Have used it while living in 4 different states. It's covers a lot of things such as Fridge/freezer, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, hot water heater, washer/dryer, some plumbing etc. Our refrigerator was just 3 years old (came new with our home here in The Villages ), and the temp went up in both fridge/freezer. Luckily we had an old fridge/freezer in garage (that is at least 15 years old and never had to service it!). A few months prior, our dryer stopped working. And a few months prior to that, the dishwasher. AHS came out to fix all. We have a $100 co-pay. If they can't fix it, they give you a new appliance. In the past we have received a new microwave, hot water heater, garbage disposal, fixing of a major pipe leak coming through the ceiling and repairs . Have been very happy with them in all the states we lived in and have never had a problem. They are prompt and professional. We have always seemed to get our money back and more by using them. We pay a yearly fee of a few hundred dollars (not sure of amount as my husband pays it) and then a $100 co- pay if they come to the house. We have had older homes in the past with older appliances and I don't think it matters how old an appliance is. Well worth it to us. I have never heard of the company you are referring to.
We had AHS in KY. It covered sewer system, you name it. Got a new frig. when the icemaker was spitting out sytyrofoam. We have it from Broward here.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:14 PM

We had Broward for the last 18 yrs. They saved us hundreds of dollars on the repairs of our appliances with no co fees. They send qualified service men out who know exactly what they're doing. Well worth the yearly fee. Had them fix our washer, dryer, refrigerator/freezer, garbage disposal, kitchen range, dishwasher and our A/C. The A/C repair was 15 yrs ago and we just had to get a new A/C. Go for Broward, You won't regret it.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Default Appliance and Home Warranties

Yes there are such things as appliance warranties, however there is a catch. This is how I have seen this work. You pay a monthly fee for a policy. Then you have a problem and call in for service. The repair person is under contract to the insurance company who sold you the policy. The repair person assesses the issue and tells you what needs to be done. Then you have the issue of what is covered and what is not covered. Strange that it always manages to have parts involved that are not covered and of course there are extra charges for non-covered parts.
Look at it this way, if you pay a company $100 per month to cover all your appliances and you put that $100 into a savings account you’ll have $1,200 at the end of the year. If you have no claims after two years you’ll have amassed $2,400. The chances you’ll have a claim in three or four years you’ll certainly have enough to repair or even replace the item and not have to deal with an insurance company whose only purpose is to sell you something and make money.
They are permitted under the terms of the policy to use “rebuilt” or non-OEM [original equipment manufacturer] parts. “Rebuilt” are not new parts and non-OEM are not what the manufacturer specified when the appliance was built and do not meet the manufacturer’s specifications. You also have no control what repair company you get to service your appliance. Generally these companies are located in large metro areas and subcontract with service companies in your geographical service area. You are better off with a local repair company that sells and services the appliances they sell.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 AM

1800samsung and they will fix your 4 yo ice maker for free….thank you prior poster for info….
Old 01-30-2022, 09:13 AM

If you do need a repair, BUYER BEWARE of A. Brothers Appliance Repair. They showed up, dismantled our washing machine into several pieces and then left saying they needed a tool and would be back in the morning. They never returned! After calling them back on Wednesday, they said they weren’t in the area and wouldn’t be until the following Monday. They left us high and dry and took our $500 bux up front (huge mistake of course). They refused to give me their name or the business owners name and told me to do what I had to do but they wouldn’t be back until Monday and there would be no refund. On Monday they called and said they were 45 minutes out. Fifteen minutes later they called back and said if we didn’t pull down a BBB complaint they were not coming. We found out that they lied about not being in the area for 5 days after leaving the machine inop and in pieces, they actually needed to order a tool needed to replace the bearings. Not sure if having a warranty plan helps to avoid this situation, but again, BEWARE.
Closed Thread

Tags
appliance, small, monthly, free, fix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.