Housing Market in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 02:31 PM
Default Housing Market in The Villages

Can anyone speak to the current housing market in TV? Have prices started to come down, have many listings been de-listed? Has the new construction slowed down? We are hoping to move to TV later this year (if we can sell our home) and would like to get an understanding as to what is going on now. I realize the real estate market will get slammed but am hoping it won't be as severe in "the bubble." Thanks!
Old 03-31-2020, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,615 Times in 5,196 Posts

In The Villages, a lot of houses are sold with the assistance of open houses which occur every day, 7 days a week. But, now there have been no open houses in the past few weeks. Obviously, it will be a huge buyers market in the near future, especially since prices have been going up every year for the past 5 years or so. But, I think you will need a crystal ball to predict the best time to buy. Just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Our agent told us late last week that 5 or 6 new homes are being sold per day and 4 or 5 re-sales sold through TV, don't know what the MLS agents are doing but the homes pictured for sale in the paper every day seem to be high in price. As far as building they are building fast in Chitty Chatty and DeLuna, even on the weekends.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

I just don't hope we do not run out of koolaid aid...
People are hoarding...prices are going to go up
Closed Thread

Tags
market, housing, hoping, understanding, realize

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.