Resales

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Default Resales

As of this morning I counted 707 resales in TV. That included the ones listed on TV web site and the MLS ones listed by realtors outside of TV. Would you say that is about normal for this time of the year or on the high side? I did notice many have been on the market for some time.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Default Re: Resales

I’ve noticed that also. It’s pretty tough competing with new build and the discounts they are offering. Also many of the resale’s appear to be way over priced for today’s market. It really doesn’t matter what you could have sold for last year. It’s what the public will pay for it today and in most cases it’s less.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 AM

My salesperson said TV just added a 10% furniture package to the new Premier homes and either the furniture package or a 10% discount to the Designer homes.
I agree that many of the resales are over priced and if owners want to compete with the builder further price reductions are needed.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 AM

the incentives being offered on new homes certainly puts a major crimp on the resale market. the bottom line after incentives would be very close to an "overpriced" resale. tv real estate agents also have more incentive to sell new vs resale.

the cash discount seems to be the better offer to take rather than 10% furniture allowance. $20,000 furniture on a $200,000 home only costs tv half of that since they own southern lifestyles. and why obligate yourself to do business at southern lifestyles as it gives you no options.

also if taxes are based on purchase price you should do what you can to lower the cost.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran member

Some of the resales are on the market for twice what they sold for 2-3 years ago. Those resales will just sit on the market. Some time back, the premium on golf course lots and water lots shot through the roof. I think that's what's driving the overpriced resales. I saw a few that had a price $200K over a comparable house not on a golf course. Good luck.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.