Houston, we have a contract!!

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Default Houston, we have a contract!!

Yahoo! The Ol' GaDawg and his GaPeach have just signed a contract on our house and we close July 15. Just need to get past the inspection and appraisal and get this thing to closing. We are so excited we can hardly stand it! Coming down next week to start the process for the building of our new home in Sanibel. Things are going to be moving fast these next few months. I can't wait to get to Florida to some cooler weather, 101 at our house in Georgia today! However, one thing I do know regardless of the weather.....It's a Beautiful Day in The Villages!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Yahoo! The Ol' GaDawg and his GaPeach have just signed a contract on our house and we close July 15. Just need to get past the inspection and appraisal and get this thing to closing. We are so excited we can hardly stand it! Coming down next week to start the process for the building of our new home in Sanibel. Things are going to be moving fast these next few months. I can't wait to get to Florida to some cooler weather, 101 at our house in Georgia today! However, one thing I do know regardless of the weather.....It's a Beautiful Day in The Villages!
Isn't that a fun thing to get to say!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am sooooooo happy for you.

Best Wishes for a successful closing and a smooth transition into paradise.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Positive Attitude = Positive Results
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage

Hope you have smooth sailing through closing!

Bill
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Default Thanks all!

You know, since we found this TOTV site we have been even more encouraged that our decision to move to TV is the right one. There are so many folks on this site who are so positive and encouraging towards those of us who are relatively new to the site. You give encouragement at times when you don't even know it, and to people whom you do not even know. I think that is just part of the personality of many of the folks who live in TV. As my GaPeach and I get closer to making this move a reality, I want to thank you and I do hope we get to meet one day at this place we all call home!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage

Ga Dawg;

Pleease let us know when your closing is finalized and your on your way.

It always is good to see someone who realizes their dreams.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Congrats! What a great relief, GA Dawg!

We also accepted an offer yesterday on our home in MA, so maybe our positive news will help encourage other TOTV members who are still waiting to sell their homes. I truly have empathy for anyone in that position. We are so done with going through this process again ( I hope ). The next time our home is sold will be when our kids settle our estate. I'll let them deal with that head-ache.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 06-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Congrats - I am so happy for you. Wishing you smooth sailing on the rest of the sale.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natickdan View Post
Congrats! What a great relief, GA Dawg!

We also accepted an offer yesterday on our home in MA, so maybe our positive news will help encourage other TOTV members who are still waiting to sell their homes. I truly have empathy for anyone in that position. We are so done with going through this process again ( I hope ). The next time our home is sold will be when our kids settle our estate. I'll let them deal with that head-ache.
Congrats natickdan! And, yes, I agree that just letting folks know that even in this market folks are still out looking for housing. It can only be a matter of time until they are successful in having a contract as well. Good things will come! We're done with this moving around as well. As my mother used to say, "when I'm done with it, the kids can have it." Will just try to keep up the family tradition! A loooooooooong time from now!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Ga Dawg;

It always is good to see someone who realizes their dreams.
And yours will be answered soon I know! We're rootin' for ya!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage

Fellow Georgian,

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and GaPeach. Let the good times roll.

P
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Veteran member
Default One day closer...

Congratulations on scoring the elusive Purchase and Sale contract ! These stories of success keep up the spirits of "those who wait".

Every day I get out of bed and tell myself that we are one day closer to selling our house and shopping for real (not just on the internet) for our new home in The Villages.

We are still "green" to the waiting process as the house was only listed April 20th.

Meanwhile, Maine in the summertime is not a bad place to be (right K & J?)

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
nkrifats

Great news GADAWG. We have a closing on June 30 and then on to the villages.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Hey Ga Dawg- Congratulations on your sale. We just sold ours as well and will be closing on August 1st and headed straight down to TV to meet with the design team and get things rolling! We will be building in Sanibel as well but we are still waiting for a lot that will fit the "stretches" we want to make. Glad to know that they have started construction and can't wait to meet our new neighbors! Good luck with your packing!!! P&J
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.