How about this article that was forwarded to me by someone up north.

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
You obviously have not read it. I know it's long, but take the time to read it fully. I see very little accurate info, except for the actual arrest; which is being played out and dramatized into a pile of garbage.
You made my point.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I hear Jerry Springer is doing a live show at Spanish Springs town Square
Old 06-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I hear Jerry Springer is doing a live show at Spanish Springs town Square
Jerry Springer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder how many Villagers would go to that? I am surprised that Red Sauce has not invited him right or maybe they have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jerry_Springer_Show I had not known The Jerry Springer Show is taped in Stamford, CT.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Platinum member

The London Daily Mail is the European equivalent of The National Enquirer. Next thing you know they will have "Alien Baby Born to Villages Woman Who Is Cheating on Her Comatose Husband With President Obama" or some nonsense like that. I had a friend send me the article too, and they believed all the ridiculous claims. Its not true, but it hurts our community and is embarassing for us all. People believe this sort of stuff because they want to. It gives their lives some excitement, and many people like to tear down those things that they long for but do not have, like The Villages. We have no choice but to ignore it, and keep living the friendly, wholesome, and productive lives that we live here in TV. And we can stop buying ridiculous tabloid papers. It would be nice if the developer or one or both of the Homeowners Associations would write an article for release that tells the truth about this community, but that also might just stir the fire. We know what we are, and we'll probably have to be satisfied with that.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 AM

I also feel sorry for the woman. I don't see why the police couldn't have just told them to pull up their pants and drive them home. It's pretty certain they were drinking.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
The London Daily Mail is the European equivalent of The National Enquirer. Next thing you know they will have "Alien Baby Born to Villages Woman Who Is Cheating on Her Comatose Husband With President Obama" or some nonsense like that. I had a friend send me the article too, and they believed all the ridiculous claims. Its not true, but it hurts our community and is embarassing for us all. People believe this sort of stuff because they want to. It gives their lives some excitement, and many people like to tear down those things that they long for but do not have, like The Villages. We have no choice but to ignore it, and keep living the friendly, wholesome, and productive lives that we live here in TV. And we can stop buying ridiculous tabloid papers. It would be nice if the developer or one or both of the Homeowners Associations would write an article for release that tells the truth about this community, but that also might just stir the fire. We know what we are, and we'll probably have to be satisfied with that.
I do look at the grocery check-out counter rags but have never bought one. And I doubt if many people believe what is in them, they just look at them for a laugh. I do feel compassion for the people targeted by these "journalists" though. And, this type of press has been going on since cave paintings or drawings on Roman Walls making fun of the latest emperor's antics.

The best thing would be for the Morses to just be quiet about this negative publicity. They get good publicity quite often. I seem to see The Villages ads on most golf tournament telecasts.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyliz View Post
I also feel sorry for the woman. I don't see why the police couldn't have just told them to pull up their pants and drive them home. It's pretty certain they were drinking.

I share your feelings of sorrow for the woman Happyliz, but I think there must be consequences for lewd and unacceptable behavior or else it (or worse) just happens again. And drinking can not be used as an excuse for breaking the law, or conducting oneself in a manner that shocks the conscience of our community. I think the cops did the right thing.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

I think most of the items in the article are accurate. I have single friends who stay out late once in a while and they say it gets pretty crazy late at night. The only bogus part is the std things which was one dr. who has since left saying they had more patients here than in miami.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
I think most of the items in the article are accurate. I have single friends who stay out late once in a while and they say it gets pretty crazy late at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I DO hang out with the after 9pm crowd, and I think all these crazy comments are nonsense. We do have a great deal of fun after 9pm, good clean fun, and everyone acts like well-behaved oldsters.
Kathie probably happily socializes more than anyone I know.
She has been hanging out with the after 9 PM crowd for years and years.
I don't know where she gets her energy, but she always has a great time.

I'm sure there are a few swingers in a city of 100,000.
But it's not the norm.
If The Villages was a den of debauchery, Kathie would know about it.
IMHO, most Villagers are responsible and well behaved.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Kathie probably happily socializes more than anyone I know.
She has been hanging out with the after 9 PM crowd for years and years.
I don't know where she gets her energy, but she always has a great time.

I'm sure there are a few swingers in a city of 100,000.
But it's not the norm.
If The Villages was a den of debauchery, Kathie would know about it.
IMHO, most Villagers are responsible and well behaved.
In my experiences, you are right. But, I do not get out much, like many Villagers.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Sage

Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus, Lindsey Lohan, and Beyonce continue to get contracts for millions of dollars for demonstrating/teaching their similar lewd antics to pre-teen and teen girls, and they are adored every day by the very same media. Beyonce is making millions off this trash:

Monica Lewinsky Corrects Beyonce on 'Partition' Lyric | Music News | Rolling Stone
Old 06-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Platinum member

I don't get why you all are embaressed by someone else's behavior. When you get the emails and comments just laugh and say "Yeah, isn't that something?"

This is all about age-ism, if it was a 28 year old sales agent with a 22 year old waiter would it have been as shocking?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyliz View Post
Most people that I've talked to are more than a bit surprised that they were arrested and booked. The conclusion most are drawing is that the police went hard on her because of her past DUIs, one of which she was on probation for, or that one or both of them gave the officers a bad time.

Sometimes if the police have dealt with someone on multiple occasions, they will not let them get off as easy as someone who they have never net before.

I'm that one thing in the article is true, although probably not to the extent that it's author would like us to believe is that this has happened before in the Villages. I actually witness it happening at about 10:00 at night on a golf cart about a year ago. It was in a much more secluded place however. I'm fairly confident that the police that run into it before and simply told the participants to pull up their pants and be on their way, along with a stern, "and don't let me find you doing this again or I'll take you in."

Come to think of it, maybe this wasn't the first time that one of them was caught in the act. Who knows, but something had to happen for the police to throw the book at them like this.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Sage

I didn't open your link to read it BUT what your post (I'm speaking to the OP here) it sounds like a post that a friend of mine (who lives just outside of T.V.) sent to me. It was pretty negative in my opinion and doesn't exhibit anything that I've observed or experienced here. I'm sure though, there's a faction (and a small one at that) who all this applies to. That said, in any city or town you'll find debauchery. I deleted the post but not without sending a comment to my friend telling her the same things I'm posting here. Her article was from a Tampa newspaper and really it could have angered me as that reporter didn't do "due diligence" to report on the broader citizenship here!!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Most people that I've talked to are more than a bit surprised that they were arrested and booked. The conclusion most are drawing is that the police went hard on her because of her past DUIs, one of which she was on probation for, or that one or both of them gave the officers a bad time.

Sometimes if the police have dealt with someone on multiple occasions, they will not let them get off as easy as someone who they have never net before.

I'm that one thing in the article is true, although probably not to the extent that it's author would like us to believe is that this has happened before in the Villages. I actually witness it happening at about 10:00 at night on a golf cart about a year ago. It was in a much more secluded place however. I'm fairly confident that the police that run into it before and simply told the participants to pull up their pants and be on their way, along with a stern, "and don't let me find you doing this again or I'll take you in."

Come to think of it, maybe this wasn't the first time that one of them was caught in the act. Who knows, but something had to happen for the police to throw the book at them like this.
Good points. I too wondered why the police picked up this couple this time.

The names of the trial of this woman seem like something out of a Saturday Night Live or MadTV skit. Judge Joe Skidmore, Defense Lawyer Joseph Indelicato, and Prosecutor Tina Smith. Have to have a normal name like Tina Smith in there. And, the potential jury members will probably be put in the same jury room with the coffee pot that sounds like a moaning dog. At least, it sounds like that on Monday mornings. I had Jury Duty in Sumter County on May 19, 2014.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.