How Cold Is It ?

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 02:43 PM

In Pennsylvania its "A witch's left **** in a brass bra, in the middle of January". The reason for the reference to the left side is because it's over her cold, cold heart. The brass bra and January references are self explanatory.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Growing up in Nebraska it was "Colder than a well diggers a** in Idaho." In Alaska we just say "It's Alaska, Duh". But we are having a heatwave.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Even so, we're not shoveling snow; we're not in true danger from hurricanes (yet); earthquakes would be a true rarety; mudslides are a physical impossibility (no hills here). Oh, did I mention we're not shoveling snow? Or having to drive in snow? Or shoveling snow?
Amen to that!!!!

My dad used to say "colder than a well-diggers fanny"!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Default What is "cold" is relative.

I have lived in Florida since 1978. I have not experienced a "cold" day/week, et al in all that time. "Cool' days yes, "chilly" days yes. But cold days , hopefully never again.
I feel what "cold" means is all relative to where you moved from. Miami or West Palm, the Keys etc, yeah for you folks it might be "cold".
But at 44.4N by 69.7W, it ain't that "cold" BTW, that's the L/L for Augusta, ME. And that's there we lived after we moved from So. Chicago (20-30 below sometimes.)
Now I betcha if someone from Minot, ND or Aberdeen, SD were to put their two cents in, they could really tell you what cold weather is.
So +20-30 ain't so bad versus -20-40. Think how lucky you are to live here where it is "warm" in the winter.
"Cold" is all relative.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM

I have lived in Boca Raton (south florida) for almost 24 years. We've had more cold days under 60 high this winter than the other 23 winters combined.

Come on Global Warming!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.