How Cold Is It ?

How Cold Is It ?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

I've heard (don't shoot the messenger!) that our topiaries are dead from the cold. We are hopeful that they will come back.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA

Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Dee come on up!! It has been a warm winter here in Alaska, in the 40's the last few days. We usually don't see tempertures like that until May, this is just a trick of Mother Nature we still have at least 2 more months of Winter. There is still a couple of feet of snow in the yard and the driveway is like a skating rink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Actually, I blame it on two couples from Indiana. Every time they come down, it is cold. Last year, they were here for one month -- we were below freezing. This year, they're here two months and we're colder than the proverbial witch's left ....... If they come for longer next year, I'm taking a vacation to Alaska -- it'll be warmer there.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, I blame it on two couples from Indiana. Every time they come down, it is cold. Last year, they were here for one month -- we were below freezing. This year, they're here two months and we're colder than the proverbial witch's left ....... If they come for longer next year, I'm taking a vacation to Alaska -- it'll be warmer there.

Now that's cold.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
You can see how misinformed I am. I thought it was her right one, and in a brass bra!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You can see how misinformed I am. I thought it was her right one, and in a brass bra!
In Colorado its: a witches *** in a brass bra no reference to side. But my favorite is PDC.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:43 PM

In Pennsylvania its "A witch's left **** in a brass bra, in the middle of January". The reason for the reference to the left side is because it's over her cold, cold heart. The brass bra and January references are self explanatory.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Growing up in Nebraska it was "Colder than a well diggers a** in Idaho." In Alaska we just say "It's Alaska, Duh". But we are having a heatwave.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Even so, we're not shoveling snow; we're not in true danger from hurricanes (yet); earthquakes would be a true rarety; mudslides are a physical impossibility (no hills here). Oh, did I mention we're not shoveling snow? Or having to drive in snow? Or shoveling snow?
Amen to that!!!!

My dad used to say "colder than a well-diggers fanny"!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Default What is "cold" is relative.

I have lived in Florida since 1978. I have not experienced a "cold" day/week, et al in all that time. "Cool' days yes, "chilly" days yes. But cold days , hopefully never again.
I feel what "cold" means is all relative to where you moved from. Miami or West Palm, the Keys etc, yeah for you folks it might be "cold".
But at 44.4N by 69.7W, it ain't that "cold" BTW, that's the L/L for Augusta, ME. And that's there we lived after we moved from So. Chicago (20-30 below sometimes.)
Now I betcha if someone from Minot, ND or Aberdeen, SD were to put their two cents in, they could really tell you what cold weather is.
So +20-30 ain't so bad versus -20-40. Think how lucky you are to live here where it is "warm" in the winter.
"Cold" is all relative.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM

I have lived in Boca Raton (south florida) for almost 24 years. We've had more cold days under 60 high this winter than the other 23 winters combined.

Come on Global Warming!