How to control Inflation

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2021, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

I agree with the article, but there is a missing point, which technology may not be able to overcome in the services sector, and that is the decline in the number of working age people in the US. This decline, mostly due, in my opinion, is the passing of the baby boomer bubble, as they pass the age of 64. That will be an unknown as the economy continues its re-opening growth and needs service employees again. .

We live in interesting times, and it will be very interesting to see what happens. . .. and the trend is your friend until the end and we may be seeing the end of labor deflation. . .
Old 06-21-2021, 05:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
" it had nothing to do with Texas' "private" grid."

Actually, it had everything to do with Texas' arrogant "private grid" model. Power companies are incentivized into maximizing profits, by foregoing common sense maintenance & construction practices (for both green and gas plants), like many other countries around the world (along with northern U.S. states), that get a lot colder than Texas has ever seen and have no problems with their wind turbines. Also being the only state without reciprocal agreements to share power should something happen, it left an already vulnerable grid without an easy way to solve a short term weather issue.

A couple of links that provide some actual facts.

Access Denied

Fact check: The causes for Texas’ blackout go well beyond wind turbines | Reuters
Will Tesla's only be able to get 1/2 a charge?
Old 06-21-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I agree with the article, but there is a missing point, which technology may not be able to overcome in the services sector, and that is the decline in the number of working age people in the US. This decline, mostly due, in my opinion, is the passing of the baby boomer bubble, as they pass the age of 64. That will be an unknown as the economy continues its re-opening growth and needs service employees again. .

We live in interesting times, and it will be very interesting to see what happens. . .. and the trend is your friend until the end and we may be seeing the end of labor deflation. . .
I agree with your assessment on this.

We, in this country do not have, will not have, enough workers to fill all the job openings.

We need more people.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I agree with pretty much everything you said, and would add one other wrinkle. I guess this started with the meltdown in 2007-2008, but the Fed's manipulation of interest rates has also been used, (excessively IMO) to keep stock values high. With no safe place to put money, the PE Ratio of the S&P 500 is now at a staggering 44.85...The Fed is now boxed in....raise rates to fight inflation, and the market will drop...keep rates low, or lower them some more to keep that stock market looking good, and inflation eats up the savings of those who can't afford the risk of stocks at a PE of 44.85.

the good news? Well, the good news is that the sales of my book "1001 Ways to Make Catfood Delicious" have been off the charts.
Yes, gourmet cat food, everyone's favorite!
Old 06-22-2021, 05:49 AM

control inflation? how about not trying to shove liberal wet-dream bills through with $9 trillion in deficit spending down the throat of the economy? might be a good start
Old 06-22-2021, 05:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBoomer View Post
control inflation? how about not trying to shove liberal wet-dream bills through with $9 trillion in deficit spending down the throat of the economy? might be a good start
This will continue until they are stopped, like in '22. Same thing happened in '08. It is like they hate this country.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

just sayin',..this is probably the best thread i've read here in a long time
Closed Thread

Tags
control, inflation, creating, problems, demand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.