How to cool down my garage a bit.

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze Roll screens View Post
Cool Breeze Roll screens.

We Manufacture our products in Odessa,FL and have the best service warranty in the industry. Unit can be built and installed within 10 day's

Provides privacy, sun, rain and wind protection while providing air ventilation

BLOCK OUT THE SUNGLARE NOT THE VIEW

Visit and Like us on TOTV or facebook Coolbreeze screens for Video and Pictures.

Contact: Cool Breeze Roll Screens today to see how you too can receive a referral Fee $$$ from COOL BREEZE ROLL SCREENS!!!

"We are also a Mirage retractable screen door dealer"

888-896-8935

cool Breeze Incorporated - Home

coolbreezerollscreens@yahoo.com

This product is ineffective on new builds with radiant roof barriers & door insulation. Increased temperature and humidity will result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I have a recently built home, the garage faces south of west and gets direct sun for most of the day. Insulation is whatever TV put into new builds this year. I had a attic fan installed with air vents in the ceiling and garage doors to pull fresh air through the garage but that only helps in the evening and night when the air is cooler. What should I do up there to get the temp. in the garage down a bit?
If you wait just a bit, the cooler times in this part of Florida are coming.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:

We Manufacture our products in Odessa,FL and have the best service warranty in the industry. Unit can be built and installed within 10 day's
Visit and Like us on TOTV or facebook Coolbreeze screens for Video and Pictures.
Contact: Cool Breeze Roll Screens today to see how you too can receive a referral Fee $$$ from COOL BREEZE ROLL SCREENS!!!
888-896-8935

I
I'm not looking for a view and don't want to keep my door open. I'm trying to keep the heat and light out. One of the replies was correct, for the amount of time spend in the garage I'll just by a good fan.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I'm not looking for a view and don't want to keep my door open. I'm trying to keep the heat and light out. One of the replies was correct, for the amount of time spend in the garage I'll just by a good fan.
A fan does not actually cool it just moves air. If the air outside is cooler than your garage you will get cooling so maybe at night it will cool down.

You feel cooler when a fan is blowing on you because moisture is being evaporated but the temperature of the room does not go down.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

A disco ball over the beer fridge and a couple of black light posters works for me!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I did several things to improve mine. I added the garage door insulation. Foam panels cut to the size of the garage panels. Helped some. Added radiant barrier to roof, helped some more. Added 8 inches of insulation over ceiling and two fans in the garage. Helped a lot. Garage now stays about 10 degrees below outside temp. Always cool in the AM and never climbs as high as outside. Next step would be to add a mini split. But all these steps should be done before adding a mini split and you actually gain quite a bit and at much less cost. My total cost for a big 3 car garage was about $1000 for all items. A mini split would be about $4000 as I would install it myself.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 PM

Replace your electric hot water tank with a heat pump hot water heater, they tend to cool the spaces they are in.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

That is a very good idea but may be a problem for some houses. When the AC air handler and water heater are in an enclosed closet in the garage there may be an issue with space and also air exchange with the garage. If you can fit it in the closet then you may need to rig up a fan in the doors or remove the doors altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telder View Post
Replace your electric hot water tank with a heat pump hot water heater, they tend to cool the spaces they are in.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Gold member

My garage door has two small vents on each side. They are about 16 inches wide by 10 inches high. The previous owner had them put in because they had an electric golf cart. This was used to help vent the smell of the batteries being charged. It's amazing how these two small vents on the bottom of the door bring down the internal temperature. It's still warm in there, but nearly as hot as it would be without them.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Sage

Using an exhaust fan in the garage could be a safety hazard if you have a gas furnace and or water heater. A CO detecter would be a necessity mounted in the garage and wired into the other detectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

888-896-8935
Price?
Old 10-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I put a radiant barrier on my garage doors and it dropped the temp by about 20 degrees in the garage. I bought a couple of rolls of the thin radiant barrier at home depot along with a couple of rolls of 3m double sided tape, cut the barrier to fit inside the panels, around the air vents and around the windows, applied the tape, and BOOM, a cooler garage. My garage faces due west.
How about a few pictures?
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, air, bit, fresh, vents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.